Thread: Nice affirmation today!

Aspiring Member

Nice affirmation today!

Today i spoke with a gal I went through high school with many years ago. She already knows about Cheryl and had a tough time understanding how I felt. We resolved that in a short time. She and a couple other gals also "know" me, the real me. I told her how I'm now living full time as a woman unless I have to go out now that I'm retired and have very little contact with others or the public. I also told her how nice it feels to enjoy being myself even working out in the yard or just sitting by the pool fully dressed whether it's typical leisure clothes or a nice sundress.

She had a little difficulty wondering why I would want to be a woman all the time. She told me that she dreaded having to get all dressed up for an occasion such as a business meeting. I simply told her that it was the core of my being. I told her that having earrings in my pierced ears or wearing a bra and any women's clothing just made me feel so much better about myself. She asked if I didn't like being a guy. I simply told her that I'd rather see a woman in the mirror. We spoke for a good hour and a half.

In that time I told her about the consultation i'm having to get breast implants by a doctor who will do it. She only cautioned me to be careful wherever I go as she is careful to avoid being in places where she could be harmed. I told her that I certainly wouldn't go to certain places dressed. I don't plan to go out dressed anyway. I just want to feel better about myself and enjoy living as a woman. My wife fully supports me doing what will make me feel better.

In the end, my friend told me just to wear a tight sports bra if I need to hide the girls and then enjoy having them any other time and don' worry about it. She is well endowed and told me to enjoy wearing a bra to affirm my feminine self as she does.

She told me I was being my worst enemy by overthinking. She has seen me with the gyno I already have and says that with my age, so what?! Don't worry about it! Be happy!

I know I now have 3 GG friends and a wife who enjoy having another girl friend!

Cheryl

Platinum Member
    Hi Cheryl, She really sounds like a real friend.

Good luck with your implants.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Cheryl, so happy for you, that you have good friends that support YOU !

Erin

Wonderful story. Thanks for sharing.

Platinum Member
    It's great to know yourself and have the luxury of being yourself to those who matter in your life.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aspiring Member
    Thanks everyone! After reading many painful stories here I feel blessed. My heart aches for those struggling through issues with spouses, friends, or any other limitation to freely express and be themselves. It really is a cruel world in many ways and often our own worst enemy is ourselves. Never forget that we grew up with many preceived prohibitions afraid to talk with people or reveal or be how we really feel.

It all somehow comes down to a matter of trust whether we're dating a prospective life partner or whether we wish to reveal ourselves to those closest to us. It takes a keen sense to decide who to tell knowing they will hold our "secret" and still love us just the way we are. I've had some regrets about who might know me but I really don't care now. If there is gossip about me, it only says a lot about the messenger and their credibility. This is me! Do some reading and research and you'll find we're not bad people! If anything, those who know me probably sensed this side of me. I don't hurt people or disrespect others and do my best to be the bestest friend. If we can laugh about it, all the better! My real friends want me to be happy and find a curious interest about what I tell them and answer questions. I love them! I think they'd be more open to others like me.

BTW, my gal friend told me she has a friend whose father is a CD. She went to her friends wedding and Dad was dressed! Hardly anyone knew or made a fuss! LOL! We're everywhere!

I have to say that after joining this group that my confidence, insights, and understanding that I'm okay has been nothing but liberating. I hope it's the same for many others.

Cheryl

I'm confused. How is it you are "living as a woman" if you won't go out presenting as one???
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Aspiring Member
    Sara, I'm sure you understand that we and our situations are all different. But I hope you can understand that I have to be practical and find the best solution for my situation. Maybe you haven't read some of my previous posts, but I am retired and live within my "castle and courtyard" and I can be myself. I probably spend less than 1% of my day interacting with anyone. The rest of my time is spent at home and in my private yard. I don't feel the need to present myself as a woman in public and encounter all the risks. That is because of the very limited exposure I have with the public. So while you could say I'm in the closet, for the most part I have plenty of time to live as a woman doing the day-to-day things at home or enjoying the yard and pool.

The life I have today is something I always dreamed to have, and my wife has been an angel about it. It's the best of making the best of a situation for me. Maybe I'm living as a woman only 99% of the time? I can surely live with that! I hope you understand. :-)

Cheryl

The words you use to describe your situation, I find them to be contradictory. You are maintaining your own "perceived prohibitions" in dwelling on "risks" in this "cruel world". I don't see what you are doing as living as a woman in any way, shape or form. Your closet is simply a tiny bit larger than most and is open for business a little longer. Not that there is anything wrong with that at all, many of us in these pages construct our own closets with certain parameters and restrictions in mind. But saying you live as a woman doesn't tell your story accurately and contradicts the experience of those who actually do so.

More importantly though, you talk about the support of your wife. Is she really down with your own ideal retirement, given that you spend 99% of your time not going outside of your home?
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Careful I bite <3
    Sara, she's measuring it based on time. Not on boundaries crossed.

Yes there are boundaries set, and limitations that many of us have pushed without issues. I would suggest softly that maybe she should try it, and see (preferably far from home so the effects don't become permanent to the lifestyle she's already happy with).

Still being dressed 99% of the time is something many people who have pushed other boundaries have yet to achieve, so cheapening it by saying it's "not enough" to call it "living almost full time", is frankly kind of rude.

Aspiring Member
    Thanks Badwolf. After reading the comment, I decided it's not worth arguing about and splitting hairs. I've always said that we are all different and each of us cannot be conveniently classified in boxes by anyone. What works for one by their choices to bring a sense of peace and contentment is individualized and all that counts. Everyone's circumstances are different.

Cheryl