Thread: Happily ever after

Happily ever after

I am sitting here on my patio drinking my coffee. I am fully dressed except for make up. I really must learn how to do that! Ordinarily, having time to let Rita come out at home is spontaneous. Today however, I had notice. On Monday, my daughter in law said told me they wouldn't be here today. So I have had two days of delicious anticipation.

I shaved last night before bed so I wouldn't have to use the time today. I don't know how many times I changed my mind about my outfit. Finally this morning after Showering and shaving my face, I chose something other than what was planned. I'm not really dressed age appropriate. My faux leather skirt reaches my finger tips, but just barely. I have a pink top, fish nets and my thigh high boots. Those of you in the SoCal fun girls group have seen it. More appropriate at the club than the grocery store. Since I'm hiding in my house today if I'm more teenager than grandma who really cares?

As I look over the back wall I can see the tops of the construction vehicles working on the street. The cabs on most of these vehicles are high enough that I can easily see the drivers. Knowing they could see me and I could care less prompted me to reflect on how far I have really come. There was that poor young man who hated himself so much just for wanting to wear such things, let alone the self condemnation when the urge became more than could be resisted. By my early 30's I was self aware. *cackles maniacally*

Julie and I had discovered I had a panty fetish. Julie was cool with it and we had a lot of fun. Then last year we figured out a bit more of the puzzle. It was with the help of many of you that I came to understand (I think) who I really am. I still don't feel like I'm a woman trapped, but I'm not really a man either. Maybe something in between.

I think if Julie and I lived alone I would wind up living my life as Rita. Certainly every time I know the house will be empty for a few hours I bring Rita out. I strongly suspect I would just get out of bed and dress as Rita. Probably the dress, wig, make up and forms still wouldn't go out mainstream but I'm not so certain. The only people I'm really worried about discovering are the ones that could impact my business. I can't help but wonder if living full time as a woman would prompt me to feel more as if I were a woman than I do now.

Right now in my life I think I am happier than ever before. I feel as if for the first time I am truly living my life. I read something in a post by Aly Cat. This woman said to Aly "I see you." Those three words sum it all up. When I look in the mirror I see me. I don't think I ever really did before.

Without the support and acceptance of my wife, I would most likely still be stuck denial. While I never would have chosen to tell my children, having them know makes my life so much better. I truly feel like the princess in the fairy tale living happily ever after.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Rita
    Congratulations on your self discovery! I too have been on that journey with my wife and family. I hope that you find the peace you deserve.
    Hugs
    Suzanne

Nice post Rita...

You're having fun, being generous by sharing it with us and making some of us envious too...

Sounds to me like you're another who has hit that balance and harmony target square on!

Enjoy!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Reality Check
    But how would your wife feel about you living full time as a woman? Would she be comfortable as a lesbian? Or being thought of as one?

My wife accepts (or tolerates) my dressing but I suspect she would draw the line if I dressed every day, all day.

Platinum Member
    Hi Rita, The more that we try to figure this out the more complicated it gets.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Congratulations Rita, so glad to hear you are happy.

Rita, that is wonderful, to have come this far in such a short time, you rock.

Platinum Member
    Very glad to hear that you have reached this level of self awareness and self acceptance, and to know that you have the support of your loved ones.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yes you are a Princess Rita!!

Krisi if I were to live my life as Rita, there is nobody going to believe I'm a woman except for people who accept transgendered individuals as women. Nobody is going to think her a lesbian. Now she has been occasionally been mistaken for a tgirl. They see me and don't look close enough at her sometimes. When I asked if it bothered her when that happens she said "It tickles my weird spot. "

I'm not going to live full time as Rita. I don't even really want to. I have morphed into this hybrid thing and am quite happy here. She doesn't mind being seen with someone who looks completely gay. It's sort of fun to watch people try and figure us out.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~