Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The less than wonderful moments of dressing

Makeup addict!

The less than wonderful moments of dressing

I love to dress as a woman. I love to look in the mirror and not recognize myself and see myself completely changed. With that said, there are some aspects of crossdressing that are less than exciting for me. These are the parts of it that can be somewhat bothersome, which are;

1. Pantyhose gets torn easily and mine has some holes in it now, which is unfortunate because I love wearing pantyhose
    2. Speaking of which, shaving is kind of a nuisance. Having shaved legs and a shaved chest may look and feel wonderful, but it's not always delightful to shave off, especially when you feel it growing back the next morning. The worst is the face because it's the most visible and grows back quickly.
    3. I love wearing makeup but I wish I didn't have to apply it every time I become a woman.
    4. Heels. I think that's self-explanatory

Agreements? Anything to add?

Well I may be odd but I like shaving I even help my wife shave
    Hate removing makeup and hate working with wig
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

Love the feel of fresh shave, but agree its a pain.
    Makeup, wish I was better but find it's not necessary all the time.
    Clean up after makeup.
    Putting all the clothes, wigs jewelry etc. away! haha

Pantyhose gets torn easily and mine has some holes in it now, which is unfortunate because I love wearing pantyhose

Make sure your toe nails and finger nails are clean, meaning no jagged edges, and take your time pulling them up. 6 out of 10 times my SO puts her fingers through them as she is pulling them up because she pulls too hard. I never seem to have this problem and a pair last me many wears. If you wear fake nails, put them on after you put your hose on.

Speaking of which, shaving is kind of a nuisance.

Always is, matter of fact, I just shaved and was thinking the same thing which explains why women just shave the parts seen. not all of them of coarse but a good majority do this. It's a price you to pay to look good.

I love wearing makeup but I wish I didn't have to apply it every time I become a woman.

Well unless your going to get it tattoo'd on, I guess thats a price you'll also have to pay to look more feminine. No one said this was easy lol

Heels. I think that's self-explanatory

I love heels, I have 35 pairs now and very few flats and such so I am a bit at lost to the "self explanatory" thing. I guess if your really not liking them, you shouldn't wear them or maybe your not getting the right fit. I dunno but I love my heels
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Shaving DOES suck. I shaved back in April and it looked great and my legs are nice but I get crazy razor burn and ingrown follicles and stuff. I kept my legs up for a while but then "had" to let everything grow back. Waiting for winter when maybe I can do it again. Thought about using something like Nair. Does that work well?

So because of not shaving, I don't want to wear any dresses I have because it just wouldn't be the same. So my main issue is basically just being limited to putting on a variation of the same outfit every time. (Tshirt, skirt, and leggings.)

All part of the necessary process for myself Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Wig + makeup = sweat, and this already sweaty fat guy doesn't need any more perspiration on my way to becoming a glowing, full-figured lady

Love the feeling of shaving sometimes it can be a chore .love applying makeup to although not very good.
    Unfortunately I don't have a wig or heels yet due to finances and not easy to find heees in male size 11

Actually size 11's are pretty common these days, Payless has tons of them. It's when you go past 11 you'll have a hard time finding them on the shelves.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    Actually size 11's are pretty common these days, Payless has tons of them. It's when you go past 11 you'll have a hard time finding them on the shelves.
    Are payless only in the US I am in the UK

The only part of dressing I don't like, is putting the clothes and makeup away, that's when I know the session is over.
    I love it all.
    Love Adelaide

Banned Read only
    Tights problem solved by wearing stockings, I buy multipacks so you only throw one away at a time !
    Shaving legs I think everyone is different, I tried to stick to twice a week but Bev suggested everyday, it does work because you only have to go over lightly, the only area that gives me problems is the back of the thighs ! I don't go against the grain on my chest, it gets too sesitive but it grows almost as fast as facial hair !
    Makeup I keep for special occasions, just being round the house is a waste so when I do it I really enjoy it !
    Heels well I just love them, I can see why women love them so much they are addictive !

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Can't really answer this question. But I can tell you some of my favourite parts about my feminine life:

1. I love putting on pantyhose and stockings. So if I get holes, it's so pleasurable to break open a new package and put them on.
    2. I love shaving my legs...such a delightfully feminine experience.
    3. I love applying makeup and look forward to each time I apply it.
    4. Absolutely love wearing heels.

It's all in the way you look at it!

Platinum Member
    Hi Brittany, All of what you mentioned is what makes this program so much fun.

RE: Pantyhose, the first sign of a run put a dab of clear nail polish on it
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have to agree with all your points. No matter how careful I am I can only seem to get a few outings out of a pair of nylons or stalkings. Also I love the look of wig and makeup in the mirror but it's such a time consuming pain to put it all on! I love wearing heels though.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Yeah love my legs when smooth but if I had the money would do the laser removal but not going to.
    Love doing makeup too and how it looks when I've got it just right, hate to remove it but it is what it is.
    For me too hooking the bra can be a pain but love the feel and look.

Quote Originally Posted by janec View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have a wig or heels yet due to finances and not easy to find heees in male size 11
    Try Aerosoles shoes, I have several pairs in 11 that fit great, are super cute and very comfortable. Even with 3" heels I can wear them all day.

I do not like shaving. Therefore, I either wax or epilate. Yes, I get the face waxed when I get the opportunity for 4 or more consecutive days of dressing.

Make up is much simpler and quicker without having to cover the 5 o'clock shadow. I can spare the 15 minutes to look fabulous.

Heels just require the correct size. I love them.

Hosiery, with a little experience, you learn how to avoid snagging and getting runs.

Aspiring Member
    When I was younger and had more nervous energy I couldn't stand how long it took to arrive in an en femme state of presentation. I wished I could just snap my fingers, pull a "Samantha" dingle dingle dink and be fully dressed. Now I take my time and enjoy the journey getting into it.

Some issues I have are yes pantyhose get torn but for me its my expensive stockings get runs. I have vast experience with stockings but sometimes picks and accidents can't be avoided like my jewelry, bracelets, rings getting snagged.
    I dont really like shaving but love the outcome.
    Love to put makeup on only issue its hot as hell now and in the lights its even hotter so sometimes above my upper lip starts sweating.
    Nothing about heels I don't like.
    Anybody have issue with hair getting caught in lipstick? I love long hair and many times it just gets caught in my lips and mouth. I tried hairspray and stuff to hold it and it helsp some.

Victoria

More than anything would be the boys in skinny jeans, tuck, not to tuck, shift, etc. Hate it. Heels are actually very comfortable for me. Remember walking around on my toes doing gymnastics with my neighbor when she joined. Also was a catcher for many years so to be on my toes feels normal. The others you pretty well nailed. Buy a pair of hose and just when you think your getting the hang of putting them on and taking off, you have a run or hole. Would rather shave my legs every day than my face, as I don't mind the bearded lady look when I am at home.

Blue orchid, thanks for the tip. Will keep it mind...now where does my wife keep her nail polish? As if I didn't know.

i'm a Pacific North West gurl that has lived in a few other places, but i always find my way back.
    there are a few things that i don't really care for (but i adore heels):
    epilating--chest, legs, arms; basically everywhere but my face. it lasts a lot longer than shaving, but it's a lot more painful even after years of doing it!

Although a hassle and my wife doesn't like it I love having less hair. Just a personal vendetta against it. Heels on the other hand are a joy. As a flat (as in pancake) footed person my feet feel best in heels. The design helps my arch stay in place and helps to take some of my foot pain away.

Platinum Member
    Not really...other than the chest shaving, what you have listed are things share with women. I don't mind at all the time I spend getting made up or shaving my legs.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt