Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The less than wonderful moments of dressing

Try using a loofa everyday on your legs if you get bumps or ingrown hairs from shaving. Helps keep things open so they don't well up. I started using one a few years back, have shaved my legs continuously for 5 years, and I've never had a problem since using the loofa. I'm addicted to makeup and wish I could wear it all the time. And yes heels too!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I adore heels and they love Tina so no problem there. The only problem with shaving is that there is more of it. First time aggravates some follicles but repetition seems to handle that. I will admit that emeven a good-fitting wig can feel a bit tight after wearing it all day. The biggest problem for me is a new one. My first and favorite wig is starting to self destruct and I'm really upset to lose it. Some of the first items Tina ever purchased are special to her but will not last forever. So sad.

Keep your toenails smooth, and wear disposable vinyl or rubber gloves putting on pantyhose, and you'll have far fewer snags.

wigs make me sweat. Shaving takes up a lot of time..reallly love the results though...razor bumps get much better washing the area gently with a exfoliating scrub. Like heels a lot hard to find in size 13...actually most styles are hard to find. Flats work better for me since im almost 6 2..

Mine are face shaving...no matter what have to cover up the stubble..just won't totally clear under the nose. Planning on electro soon..
    And the back...god that's such a mess when single...to deal with the back hair so much. Schedule makes it near impossible to get back waxed in time for any kind of Sat night out...
    The next is the sweat... Esp summer. Under forms and wigs. Love the forms...but rather have real ones instead
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

I have to jump on the anti-shaving bandwagon, lots of scraping and the damn stubble still shows through even with a baby smooth chin.

My pet peeve is trying to prevent my lipstick from bleeding past the edges of my lips as the day or evening wears on. I've tried a number of products designed to deal with this, but with only limited success.

The shaving is quite problematic on longer excursions. After a few hours out, I can start to feel the stubble on my chin and neck. If I was to go full time, I would need to go home at mid day and re-shave and put makeup on allover again.
    Stephanie

Hi,

From this and all the comments im so glad im not a dresser, so.... so..... glad , i could not be bothered with all the to do . oh heck . flip that would do my head in just thinking about it is more than enough.

Ill just stay being what i am thank you,

Shaving the epilator will do about every 3 months if i remember , other wise cant be bothered, and face as well yeap epilator and just a touch up with elc shaver , every two days may even get it to a week tights getting torn or laddered well im a bit rough yet they last me a while,

Oh yes makeup what makeup dont have any and cant be bothered, just lippy and eye brow liner dont have any eye brows,

leslie,

What brand of lippy you use that may be the detail, i dont have that issue not that i buy any,
    now i get given ,

Kacey ,

oh those forms and sweating . nope not got that problem have real ones er breasts that is
    i am a bit inclined to bump them , well being a builder an all.

Musle .

Wigs oh yes well ill only wear mine for our Edwardian group other wise forget it, sweat no headaches were my issue so no more,

Oh well youll be wondering what bred of female i am, yes well okay im just different more like youll think im weird, yeap i am so if you come out with me youll soon find out just how weird, ,

though on the other hand youd meet my many friends and youd be quite well accepted because my many friends know me very well and accept my friends , so a night out at our Scottish night Ball on the 27 Nov any one ah maybe not this time ,

will no doubt have around 80 people come again i help out kitchen dutys and what ever else and do our photography , and will i be dressed up ,

YES I....... surpose...... ILL .....have to , again.....flip i,m not sure what i should wear, oh heck ,

Just having to think about it, is what i dont like about this and Balls oh well at least i can hide behind my camara,s again , now you really will think im weird,

I know most who have if not all commented on this doing all you have to just to be get dressed , and all , and i said it just does my head in . and if you could be were i am in able to be involved with what i do youd be so happy , just wraped to be able to do what i do and places i can and do go all dressed to the nines and i have to go as a member and on our
    commitee,s ,

Dont get me wrong its just having to get dressed up, knowing i dont do justice to how i should be dressed most of you would jump at it, i know from what you say, and heres a female balking at it......Arrrrrrr.......

...noeleena...

The less than wonderful moment for me would be when I have to DRAB.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeArel View Post
    Yes, I get the face waxed when I get the opportunity for 4 or more consecutive days of dressing.

my god, that sounds painful!
    on the other hand ... shaving really does suck bigtime.

Actually it's not the shaving so much that I detest, it's the fact that I can never really make the stubble go away. It's never more than 7 or 8 hours and then it's grown in enough to make it impossible to wear makeup convincingly, but too damn short to shave it again without butchering my face.

I will say this. My wife got me a shaving kit from these guys, and it is pretty much the bomb. Closest shave I've ever gotten with almost no irritation, however sort of expensive.

http://www.theartofshaving.com

the only good thing about shaving is that if you screw it up you'll get another chance real soon, LOL
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Agreed, I hate the heat/humidity of summer, I'm the guy who can wear shorts in cooler weather- so wearing something flattering and covering the required parts gets warm in the summer...

Pantyhose- moisturize your hands and legs often- you will have less runs. You can also wash your hose before you wear it- use liquid fabric softener, gentle cycle, and a half sheet of dryer softener on 10 minutes of low heat- then tumble with air only to cool the hose. Fabric softener is essentially a lubricant- the threads of the hose stretch better and move easier against each other.

Shaving. Exfoliate your legs always before shaving- i use a pad of scotchbrite, actually, just go easy on the skin- you are trying to loosen & remove the outer layers that might be holding the hairs down- preventing them from sticking out to be shaved.

You can also touch up with an electric shaver- the combination really makes for smooth skin for me, and i've heard the same for others- agan, be careful how hard you press at first- let your skin adapt- but it gives good results.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany CD View Post
    ....2. Speaking of which, shaving is kind of a nuisance. ....
    Ahhh, shaving. I have kind of a love/dislike thing going with shaving. I'm a once-a-weeker, and when I need to figure out which morning it will be, it feels like a chore. But once the shave cream goes on and the long, sensuous razor strokes begin, I'm definitely into it. It can even be (dare I say it?) erotic! And the amazing sensation of smooth skin.....omg, yes.

Color me pro-shave, for sure.

xoxo

Traci
    YIM -- tracigirl111

For me it's keeping my chest shaved smooth. My chest hair seems to grow very quickly and needs to be every day.

I don't mind anything else other than when it's time to return to drab mode.

I do hate runners but I love my heels..........I suppose the only thing I don't like is going to the restroom in a club. It takes so long to get everything out and put back in it's place all the girls are raising cane by the time I come out.....

I hate the race to put everything away before I am discovered... it's that feeling of dread and realizing all good things come to an end

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    What do I dislike the most? It's possible that it's the end of the session. Overall, I try to enjoy the process of changing from male to less male approaching female. Shaving isn't all that bad if I'm not dressing daily, but if that's the case by day 3 or 4 it's becoming a problem. I've been wearing thigh-high nylons and buy them in a box of 6, so when I get a run in one it can be replaced. They also make it much easier to go to the bathroom when it's potty time. Heels that fit right and aren't too tall are wonderful. Heels that don't fit properly, in fact any shoe that doesn't fit properly is worthy of being tossed far away. Attempting to dress in the heat of summer wearing a wig, padding and shapers is an invitation to a sweat bath and a promise that some of your clothes will need cleaning before you can wear them again.

Things I haven't seen from others include finding the right bracelet but discovering it won't fit over man-size hands. Or a necklace that won't clasp around a larger neck. Just need to keep shopping and find things that fit. And finally, being dressed and then realizing that there is no way I can share it with anyone or I'm trapped in the house is a major problem. I need to work on that.

Looking at my list, it seems that there isn't anything on it that can't be fixed one way or another. That's a good thing.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I hate packing up. I go through everything and tend to have clothes strewn all over the place (I can be such a messy girl) and also packing away the make up. Once that's done then there's the forensic cleaning to make sure no errant strands of hair get left on the chair.
    The other thing I dislike is the feeling of ambivalence that on sets from time to time. I want to dress and know it will be awesome but I can't get motivated. In that state now. HELP!
    Cheers
    Amanda