Thread: Shopping with my wife..."how are you ladies tonight?"

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*

Shopping with my wife..."how are you ladies tonight?"

My wife and i go shopping in the next larger city over from us every few
    weeks....(they have lots more than our small town)

This is the 5th time in a row I've gotten a comment that made my day...lol!

We usually stop to get gas and there's a guy about my age there who
    works the cash register. He always greets me with "can i help you ma'am?"
    I have to speak at that point and he corrects himself..."sorry sir", but then
    he's not so sure and goes back and forth between ma'am and sir a few times,
    getting a little flustered it seems. I don't say anything and he's never quite
    sure. He's done this twice already....

We may get a "how are you ladies tonight?" at walmart. That's happened twice.

Tonight, we got it again at the grocery store. I just beamed...and my wife
    snickered and says..."oh, you just make me sick"...playfully, of course...lol

But a bit later, a guy who works there passed us and said "how are you sir?".

My wife was away over from me and laughed and made an "x" in the air with
    her finger....crossing off my "point" i gained tonight. She said to be sure to
    tell your friends on the forum about that one...lol!

She's so much fun...she knows I love it when that happens. She says it's
    my haircut and high ponytail....(guys don't have bangs)

I was surprised when it happened the third time, but it's been 5 times in
    a row now. Just in a very plain top and jeans. I didn't think i looked quite
    that girly...but i'm certainly ok with it! ...heehee!

The Mad Scientist
    Sounds fun...I would never get the ma'am comment...though....

Hi kate,
    That is what I like to see a confident self assured young CD girl,
    Congratulations.
    Adelaide

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It is fun I agree.
    Either way ma'am or sir is fine with me.

We get "how are you ladies" whenever Mimi and I are out. It never gets old!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Silver Member
    Kate - Great! I only get "Paper or plastic?"

You better feel good pretty girl!! Especially for those of us that will never get that (or even try). You deserve the points! Tell your wife no takebacks, the score stays on the board!

Kate having fun with the muggles again... I feel for the gas station guy - he probably wonders what day of the week it is after you've been in...

And your wife has a good attitude towards this - nothing wrong with being thrown a minor humility stiffener every now and then... you'll be liable to get a head too large for your pony-tail otherwise...

Keep having fun Kate!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Hi Kate . . . great story. What I am not sure is though . . . were you dressed complete (make-up) or just yourself with long hair tied in a high ponytail? If you were without make-up and get a ma'am or two then that is cool. I find when dressed (make-up and wig) most people tend to be gender correct (not a biggie if they are not for me) but if I was just wearing a plain top and jeans (no wig, no make-up) it would be sir . . . no mistaking my ugly mug for a woman without camouflage.

Anyway, thanks for sharing and what great time . . . shopping with your lovely wife.

Hugs

Isha

That's great Kate. The only thing that I will say if you can get ma'med at the grocery store in male mode I think it's time to get all dolled up and hit the town!

Cute story, glad you both had a good time.

It is very nice to get the gender you are presenting confirmed!

For the gas station guy. There is nothing wrong with correcting a misgendering. Just politely say 'That's ma'am, please'.

Thank you all Dearly for your Very kind replies! It's Soooo Nice that someone
    understands such an odd thing like that. lol! ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    We get "how are you ladies" whenever Mimi and I are out. It never gets old!
    That's so true! I'm getting so i almost look forward to it now! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    Hi Kate . . . great story. What I am not sure is though . . . were you dressed complete (make-up) or just yourself with long hair tied in a high ponytail? If you were without make-up and get a ma'am or two then that is cool. I find when dressed (make-up and wig) most people tend to be gender correct (not a biggie if they are not for me) but if I was just wearing a plain top and jeans (no wig, no make-up) it would be sir . . . no mistaking my ugly mug for a woman without camouflage.

Anyway, thanks for sharing and what great time . . . shopping with your lovely wife.

Hugs

Isha
    Thank you Isha!

No makeup, and it's just a maroon womens crew-neck t shirt/levis flared jeans.
    Brown suede flat soled boots. It's all very "casual regular guy" looking to me....and
    my wife agrees. She won't let me wear makeup out...or even my *slightly* more
    girly looking tops. But i keep trying. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    I feel for the gas station guy - he probably wonders what day of the week it is after you've been in...

And your wife has a good attitude towards this - nothing wrong with being thrown a minor humility stiffener every now and then... you'll be liable to get a head too large for your pony-tail otherwise...

Katey x
    Heehee...I do to. He gets so confused trying to get it right. And it's happened twice!

She's the best. It's so nice that she can have as much fun with this odd thing as I do
    myself. That "x" motion she made was the funniest thing!

Quote Originally Posted by JulieSimms View Post
    You better feel good pretty girl!! Especially for those of us that will never get that (or even try). You deserve the points! Tell your wife no takebacks, the score stays on the board!
    I told her....it still counts! lol!

xxx & ♥♥♥!

Nice experience. Hearing that would be music to my ears! Good for you,

Lisa

Kate, what I like best about this post is the fun that you and your wife have with this

Blessings on you both!

Traci
    YIM -- tracigirl111

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Paula View Post
    For the gas station guy. There is nothing wrong with correcting a misgendering. Just politely say 'That's ma'am, please'.
    It must be quite embarrassing for him because he is an honestly polite gentleman....but he
    gets me a bit confused myself. lol. I just politely take whatever he decides on...:P

Quote Originally Posted by tracigirl_tv View Post
    Kate, what I like best about this post is the fun that you and your wife have with this

Blessings on you both!

Traci
    Thank you So Much Traci!! ♥ It's a lot of fun when she teases me about it....and we find
    Lots to laugh about!

i think the way to reply to the 'sir' remark is to answer in an ultra low "Lurch" (from Addams family) voice "How could you tell I was a guy?" And simply walk away without waiting for an answer. I promise it will crack your wife up, getting a check mark in the 'cool' column. Best way to disarm anyone acting snarky- disarm any pretense of 'reading' you by pretending to not even be trying, it takes a little bit of guts, but it works good for me- i like to have the initiative in cases like this- i'm not as good as simply ignoring the comment and continuing on. Every time is has defused the situation like a charm, but the key is keeping it light.

This came out as a spur of the moment reaction, the guy who said it was a little accusatory, and it pissed me off. Rather than tell him to (take your pick)... this addressed his affront directly and with humor, and left him with his mouth hanging open. I hope he caught a fly.

That said, I still tend to avoid that person/place again if possible... :-/ but using humor definitely worked in this case and a couple others. I'm rarely that 'quick' with a good comeback...

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    SEE?!?! I told you that you could pas in public Kate!
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Love it that your wife is so accepting and fun loving with you about this! She rocks!!!