Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hatred, Bigotry, and how I was Assaulted. "Can I see your vagina?"

No stranger has asked to see my vagina in a public place so I am not sure how I would react. I have, however been groped in public and been very angry indeed. I can't for the life of me figure out why men think they are entitled to grope a women with lovely breast like mine used to be in my teens and 20's. I can't tell you how many times I was in a crowd and some gross dude walking by grabbed my boob. It made me so mad that the very next guy who did that to me got a grope to his balls he will not forget. Will this guy learn a lesson from your confronting him? Probably. He might think twice next time he calls a "tranny" out in public. I totally understand the anger you felt Anne. It happens to women all the time all over the world. In the moment it probably made you feel better to confront those bullies but you put your self in danger. I suggest you get involved in educating the public through activism instead of confrontation. I'm sorry you felt the underbelly of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Actually, we were all there, through the eloquence of Anne's original post. And, since this is a forum, we are expected to comment on what she wrote.
    Eryn, I think that is nonsense. Yes we are expected to comment but to understand the full measure of how this transpired you would have to be there and BE in Anne's situation. This part of your comment is just taking license to impose your situational judgement on someone else.

There isn't, but the one way to virtually assure a violent outcome is to approach and engage the verbal assailant nose-to-nose. What outcome could one expect other than violence? The only thing that prevented a tragedy in this case was the courageous woman who intervened.

Not engaging with a verbal assailant is almost certainly safer and even if one were pursued it is more likely that others would come to our assistance.
    And when is there ever a line that needs to be drawn. This is a very dangerous path to go down - essentially you are suggesting that male violence must be submitted to. Kitty essentially made it clear that this not a reality that women wish to live in.

A better way to put it is "willing to engage in antisocial behavior if provoked."
    You are just making it worse. You are suggesting that social behavior means that we must allow males to say whatever they want no matter how hateful it might be, and submit to it. You are becoming the bystander who watches someone being beaten up without intervening.

You probably don't agree with me at the moment, but in the fullness of time you'll figure it out. I know that I did.

In the meantime, this discussion might prevent another person from needlessly endangering herself.
    This is very condescending and paternalistic, you know.
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

Courage is not an exclusively male prerogative. If the women in my family had not had the courage to come to this country, we would have died in the showers before I was born. I have so much admiration and love for those who have gone before me it's hard to express.
    Anne acted in the best tradition of these women in confronting that scum and used good sense as to where, when and how.
    Bullies need to be confronted as a public service and the most effective way is in front of as much public as possible. She offered no violence, did not threaten any and confronted a bully in the way she had been confronted; that deserves applause, not criticism.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Intriguing responses!
    First off Anne I'm truly sorry that your day was ruined like that.
    Such an event happening to me is a fear you have reiterated, as a woman you need to be responsible in where we go, we are vulnerable. But a county fair? No one would expect that?

Myself I truly have no idea how I would have reacted, I'm non confrontational and would have been scared, but I won't be bullied either.
    I have never been in such a situation and wouldn't presume to know how it feels, your reaction was genuine to you.
    Anyone that thinks they would stop and consider the implications on the TG community, are simply not living in the real world. Situations like these your adrenaline kicks in and everything happens so fast.

I'm really glad you are unhurt Anne, and I for one am proud of you.

Could it have gone bad?
    Yes, they could have taught her a vicious lesson or they could have followed her till she was in a much quiter place and the result could be worse. You can neither guess the actions of the bully nor the actions of yourself, till put in that position.

Eryn thank you for responding but I do think saying things like "you will figure it out in time" is really hard to take...in fact, I would turn that on you and shake my head and say..."I guess you will never figure it out"

I know its a comment section...my statement isnt' that you can't comment...its that your comment about what a person SHOULD do in that situation is hopelessly detached from the reality of a situation...you can't say what you'll do in a dangerous moment..
    if you think you know then I guess you'll never figure it out...

you know I read the Game of Thrones books... they are incredibly detailed and well written, but I've never been in a sword fight or fought a dragon... and I can't say what i'd do if confronted by a white walker...
    I was not actually there..

Banned Spammer

What Would a Smart Fish Do?

It’s tough to endure all of the assaults on our dignity. When people annoy me with their disrespect, I prefer crushing their heads (a la the old comedy bit from the Kids in the Hall).

Seriously, I don’t think I would have taken the bait and confronted anyone. I have expensive dental work that would be costly to repair. However, I’m sympathetic to the strong reactions that people feel. A careless gender-based remark about me from a stupid coworker sometimes makes me see red. I have also been groped in a bar by a stranger, and it is extremely offensive.

Anne has proved that she is a sensible person by some of her remarks in this thread. Sensible people don’t need much coaching. I’m glad things didn’t turn out worse, and the unsolicited aid and comfort she received from a woman who didn’t know her is priceless. My only advice to people in a similar situation would be to take care, keep calm, and carry on. Sometimes ignoring problems does make them go away, but results do vary.
    Last edited by Pink Person; 09-01-2014 at 08:59 AM.

Reality Check
    I agree with Cheyenne in post #8. Ignoring the guy and walking away is by far the safest thing to do. When you decide to confront someone you have to be willing to take it as far as necessary and this could easily have ended in a physical fight with all the participants being arrested. Nobody wins in these fights.

Thes festivals usually have a lot of police walking around so I would have kept on walking and found one and if they were still following me I would have asked the officer for help. That's what they are there for.

Kaitlyn, everyone who has read Anne's OP is technically 'hopelessly detached' from the reality of the situation. As has been said, none of us were there. But many of us have paid Anne the well-deserved compliment in that she has written about it in such detail to make the reader feel as if they were in fact present. But this doesn't take away from the fact that the minority opinion that Anne could have/should have/would have simply walked away is not a valid one. Instead, this has disintegrated into the usual spitting war between various camps of gender expression.

It's kind of bizarre that speaking of pacifism as a choice in a situation such as this is met with quite the barrage of aggression. AGAIN, if Anne had walked away, I doubt the majority would have responded that she should have kicked some redneck a$$ but it seems she is being lauded for being ready to do so. Almost like Anne is being made out to be some sort of symbol who stood up to trans hate, being rallied around as a reaction to a community's collective frustration with continued discrimination. Anne is not a symbol, she is our friend and this could have turned out very bad. Based on how she conveyed the tale, I dare to say the odds of this positive-as-can-be outcome would have been 25% at best, violence being a more probable outcome.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Those are the points I was making. You don't know how you will react until confronted n by the situation an react to it. And. Reacting one way to a situation may not necessarily get same reaction in a similar situation.
    I can remember going to an event very similar. It was about a year and half ago as I was just starting to go out regularly as Stephanie. I had many people stare at me. I had 3 separate occasions where they actually pointed at me, ridiculed and laughed at me. Two of those I was away from my wife getting some food. The one she was with me. I defused the situation by l laughing at them. It stung and hurt deeply. My wife was thoroughly embarrassed and it took awhile for her to go out me to public places. Had I been in a bitter mood, who knows the reaction would certainly have been different. Had they showed the malice shown to Anne, I might have reacted much like she did.

Most bullies when confronted will back down because they prey on the weak. Anne showed tremendous courage in confronting him. Yes it could have gone south quickly. And listening to Anne's words. She didn't feel an overwhelming sense if accomplishment but was haunted by the experience for most of the night.

I am not condoning or condemning her actions. Nor will I judge her actions as she handled the situation in her own way. Willing to accept the consequences of her actions. Just as open confrontation may not be the best course of action. Neither is ignoring it and running away putting our head in the sand enduring the abuse.

And for the record add to being a flight or fight individual. Most of the time I will flight. But there have been rare instances where flight was not the appropriate alternative and I stood my ground. Thankfully this few times proved to be the right response as the other party seeing my resolve backed down. But it also could have gotten very ugly
    Last edited by stefan37; 09-01-2014 at 09:20 AM. Reason: added paragraph
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

Silver Member
    Seems to me the exchange is important. While there are some ad-hominems flying around, there is a lot of anti-trans violence out there and no consensus on how to handle it. Yet here is a case in-hand where it didn't escalate. Surely reasons for the outcome is worth some discussion? In the end, with a real instance and not a theoretical one, the only rational judgement that can be made is that something went right. That doesn't invalidate points about risk or wisdom ... but some combination of events and circumstances came out for the best.
    Lea

This thread is a spirited discussion and as far as I know, those are still allowed. I hope the mods agree, though ironically one of the participants is an ex-mod who I know would have already shut it sown and possibly banned a couple of folks. lol

Second, NOBODY here is advocating violence. Anne was not 'ready for a fight', she was talking back to somebody who was talking to her. Most of these things don't escalate from verbal exchanges because most people aren't that violent, though they talk about it a lot. Some ass said something rude and she called him on his assery. She could have gotten hurt, yes. Maybe it wasn't smart, but who among us would say that transition was a smart thing to do?

I challenge anyone to live everyday of their lives dressed like an obvious MTF tranny and endure the constant stares, or giggles, and double takes. Do that for a few weeks and then tell me how you would react when ONE more asshole says ONE more thing.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 09-01-2014 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Comments about what moderators should do have been deleted, so no need to reply any more
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

There have been no real blatant personal attacks. There are however different points of view. Even if those guys are highly opinionated. Violence against trans individuals is very real. Those of us that are out and about are exposed to it. As have man my of my friends. While I am not advocating confrontations. I know a girl personally that was out a couple of years ago. She was accosted and walked away she was followed and best to an inch of her life. There is a member of this forum that recanted an incident about s friend of hers sailing home and getting clocked by a group of individuals. She walked faster and they followed. She ran home locked the door and they followed her to her apt. She was stalked for 2 days getting called names and threats. Finally her friend got her out to a new place.

Nobody really knows what the right response is until confronted by it. And having a discussion about it is very valid. Especially since all of us that are out as our authentic selves are potentially exposed to it.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 09-01-2014 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Reference to deleted posts no longer needed
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Instead, this has disintegrated into the usual spitting war between various camps of gender expression.
    SJ, you know Iove you to death, and you know I enjoy healthy debate and civil discourse just as much as the next person.

Also, I detest and absolutely abhor violence. I do not go looking to start fights, and I do not looking for fights to get involved in.

As for my reaction, you disagree with the manner in which I conducted myself. You put forth your reasons, and you made your arguments. And that is fine. It's all good. We can go back and forth on the merits of the argument.

MY issue in this thread is NOT that some folk here disagree with me. Because god knows I have been wrong about a great deal many things I have written about on this forum.

Rather, my issue is how some here have the arrogance and gall to actually JUDGE me for how I held myself out.

For example, Rogina has created some mythical, arbitrary, non-existent standard to which she is holding me to - the GG standard (whatever THAT is). But let's say for the sake of argument such a standard DOES exist, who is she to apply it to me? Besides, I AM NOT A GG, nor do I presume to be. So such a standard (that doesn't exist anyways) is completely inapplicable to me, it is irrelevant, and it is of no consequence whatsoever. Yet Rogina feels compelled to fling baseless and unwarranted accusations against me that my "maleness" took over and was controlling of my actions? What the hell does that even mean?? But again, she is creating arbitrary non-existent, convenient standards in which to judge me by.

Another example - Eryn's statement suggesting that my actions where "testestorone-fueled." Quite frankly, Eryn, your comments to me within this thread I have found to be quite personally offensive. You know you have my respect, but YOU should know better than to say to things in this forum. Testosterone-fueled?! Are you kidding me?!! What's really funny about this is that I have 20 months of testosterone blockers under my belt. My T has been tanked now for well over a year and a half. I basically have no testosterone to fuel much of anything, much less some deep latent male caveman macho fight response to jack up some bullies. You are no less guilty of judging me and my actions, with no real substantive basis, than Rogina is. Except you are holding me (presumably) to your former male-ego T-driven standard (whatever THAT is), and that is also a standard tha simply does not apply to me. Argue the merits all you want, but please leave behind careless, judgmental words in which you have cloaked your "arguments" in. Although I expect such words from some here, I do not expect them from you. Not like this.

As far as the issue itself is concerned, if I should walk away every single time, and never confront an assailant under any circumstances, what will this accomplish, other than the ability to live out the remainder of my life wrapped in some insulated bubble-wrapped cocoon in hiding from the realities of the world?!

Even more, what if no one anywhere stood up for anything at all?? What if everyone just simply walked away from any and all confrontation? This world is already screwed up enough as it is, but how much worse would it be if everyone backed down from those who would seek to oppress others and invalidate the existence of those who are different? Who is allowed to stand up, and under what circumstances? Where is the line drawn? Is there anything in this world, or as merely an individual, that is worth *fighting* for at all?? I am not advocating voilent confrontation here. I am not advocating violence at all. But I also think I stand to lose much as an individual if I just sit back and allow folk to shit all over me without response. THAT simply empowers the aggressors even more. That they know they can act against me (or those like me) without fear of consequence or confrontation - how does THAT benefit me? Who does that serve? How does that play out in the long? And at the end of the day, this is MY life. I have to be able to live with myself. If I am unwilling and unable to express myself and act upon those issues that are important to me and that I feel a great deal of conviction over, what does this say about me as a person?!!

I did not confront those jackholes looking for a fight. Not did I threaten physical retaliation. Even more, I was aware of my surroundings and location. And I had a pretty good idea of the risks involved. In this regard, I am neither careless nor naive. To me, the potential reward was worth the risk.

Last, how different would the lyrics to Bob Marley's classic "Get Up Stand Up" be had he believed that the walk-away was the appropriate course of action in the face of all controversy and oppression?!

"Get Up, Stand Up"

Get up, stand up: stand up for your rights!
    Get up, stand up: don't give up the fight!

Preacherman, don't tell me,
    Heaven is under the earth.
    I know you don't know
    What life is really worth.
    It's not all that glitters is gold;
    'Alf the story has never been told:
    So now you see the light, eh!
    Stand up for your rights. Come on!

Most people think,
    Great God will come from the skies,
    Take away everything
    And make everybody feel high.
    But if you know what life is worth,
    You will look for yours on earth:
    And now you see the light,
    You stand up for your rights. Jah!

Get up, stand up! (Jah, Jah!)
    Stand up for your rights! (Oh-hoo!)
    Get up, stand up! (Get up, stand up!)
    Don't give up the fight! (Life is your right!)
    Get up, stand up! (So we can't give up the fight!)
    Stand up for your rights! (Lord, Lord!)
    Get up, stand up! (Keep on struggling on!)
    Don't give up the fight! (Yeah!)

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game -
    Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord.
    We know when we understand:
    Almighty God is a living man.
    You can fool some people sometimes,
    But you can't fool all the people all the time.
    So now we see the light (What you gonna do?),
    We gonna stand up for our rights! (Yeah, yeah, yeah!)

So you better:
    Get up, stand up! (In the morning! Git it up!)
    Stand up for your rights! (Stand up for our rights!)
    Get up, stand up!
    Don't give up the fight! (Don't give it up, don't give it up!)
    Get up, stand up! (Get up, stand up!)
    Stand up for your rights! (Get up, stand up!)
    Get up, stand up! ( ... )
    Don't give up the fight! (Get up, stand up!)
    Get up, stand up! ( ... )
    Stand up for your rights!
    Get up, stand up!
    Don't give up the fight! [fadeout]

No one condoned violence as an option?
    We simply defend Anne from those judging her on hindsight.

I was picked on throughout school because I was different, I was bullied relentlessly at art college for ironically, not being different enough.
    Bullies prey on weakness, the day day I did walk away I got attacked from behind.
    I can't help feel you are bullying Anne with some passifist ideology, to prove a point?
    She did what she did in a unique situation, where logical thinking wasn't really possible.
    I find fight (goes bad), flight (can work but like a Dog when the Cat runs, its sets in motion a bullies conviction).
    There is a third option and that is using language to defuse a situation.
    In essence that is what she did and it was actually successful, even though very scary. So who is anyone to say Annes reading of the situation, wasn't the correct one?
    When only she was there.

As for the Angel, yes she may have come to Annes rescue. But is it also possible she was inspired by Annes conviction?
    Last edited by becky77; 09-01-2014 at 11:59 AM.

What would you do? I'll share this video I saw on TV to show how onlookers might react to a verbal attack. Some of you may have seen it already. The woman that came to Anne's aid was a gem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBQl7vmcrbk

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345 View Post
    As for my reaction, you disagree with the manner in which I conducted myself. You put forth your reasons, and you made your arguments. And that is fine. It's all good. We can go back and forth on the merits of the argument.
    Actually Anne, I didn't disagree with you at all (see my first reply, you replied much like I think I might have if placed in a similar situation).

My point has to do with there being a valid alternative way to have handled the situation which was getting trampled in the rhetoric. The aggression I was referring to was how doing nothing as a choice was being attacked, so to speak.

When all is said and done, the only that matters is that you came through this without any physical bruises (assuming your Angel's hug wasn't too tight ).
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I think what Anne did was very brave. I don't think would have done what Anne did, but that's me, I have always shied away from confrontations and fights from the time I was a skinny kid with glasses, as they say "your mileage may differ".

What I am sure about is that if I had been at that event and seen and heard what went on, I would have taken action to lend protection to Anne, It might not have been the same as her guardian angle did, but I won't stand by and see that happen to any one regardless of who they are or appear to be. I have way to many friends in the LBGT spectrum to do other wise. I maybe a part timer, but I think I do get it.

Anyone that thinks that T is necessary to be firm, maybe confrontational, never met my first wife, our two daughters, or my mother. Standing up for what is right doesn't involve T, it involves inner strength, integrity, and a belief that we were all created equal and should be accorded equal rights.

Hugs, Bria

Silver Member
    Here's my guess as to some of the factors that influenced the outcome:

Anne confronted - but didn't threaten.
    She spoke to, and appealed to more than the attacker.
    She shamed, which introduces doubt.
    She appealed to basic decency and for decent treatment, not to tranny rights or some such.
    The wide appeal and it's basic dignity is what brought the angel in.
    Purely guessing here, but Anne is likely taller, which introduces doubt in the attacker.
    A fairgoing crowd was a somewhat advantageous locale, with police, women, and children present.
    Lea

You were incredibly brave to face down those disgusting cowards. The woman who came to your aid is an angel and I hope she feels very good about what she did because she should. I am so pleased that the incident did not end violently. A fist to your beautiful face would have been an awful ending.
    Now I hope that you can push this memory away along with all of the hurtful emotions.

Gold Member
    Everyone assumes Anne would have got hurt. I would put my money on Anne if things got nasty. The friends were obviously shaken once Anne stood up for herself. The MOST emasculating thing a man could go through is getting his ass beat by a transgender. None of them wanted to risk that. Anne might have been bouncing the guy's head on the ground.

Some good was gained. First, Anne learned she does have the nerve to stand up for herself even with the rudest pricks. Anne is now a little stronger.
    Second, the guy thought twice about messing with Anne. He didn't follow Anne after she left with the older lady.
    Basically, that guy just made himself look like an ass.
    People, you are forgetting that if you stand up to a bully usually just once... JUST ONCE and they tend cool their crap.

The guy probably talked about the incident afterwards. Don;t you imagine people are telling him "Dude, you could have got your ass kicked".

Sometimes we are left with no choice but to stand up for ourselves, no matter who we are. Anne didn't really have a choice. I think things would have got worse if she had just cowered away like some of you are suggesting.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Martin View Post
    And when is there ever a line that needs to be drawn. This is a very dangerous path to go down - essentially you are suggesting that male violence must be submitted to.
    I do not condone "male violence", but one loudmouth saying something offensive is not worth taking on a heap of emotional baggage and risking possible physical injury. There is a choice to be made in handling such a situation. I can ignore the idiot and get on with having a pleasant time at the event, or allow the idiot to manipulate me and make an ugly situation for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    I know its a comment section...my statement isnt' that you can't comment...its that your comment about what a person SHOULD do in that situation is hopelessly detached from the reality of a situation...you can't say what you'll do in a dangerous moment..
    Actually, I have a very good idea of what I would do since I've experienced the pain that resulted from similar encounters. I've learned that my anger isn't productive and confrontation ruins the day for both myself and for those around me.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    These festivals usually have a lot of police walking around so I would have kept on walking and found one and if they were still following me I would have asked the officer for help. That's what they are there for.
    A very good suggestion! Even if he wasn't following me I would point out the offender and tell the policeman that he was trying to cause a disturbance. Unfortunately, the old adage of "there's never a cop around when you need one" probably applies here.

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    ironically one of the participants is an ex-mod who I know would have already shut it sown and possibly banned a couple of folks. lol
    If you are referring to me then you don't know me very well. No rules have been broken and there's nothing wrong with a spirited discussion.

I challenge anyone to live everyday of their lives dressed like an obvious MTF tranny and endure the constant stares, or giggles, and double takes. Do that for a few weeks and then tell me how you would react when ONE more asshole says ONE more thing.
    Y'know, I pretty much do that. The only place where I present male is at work. Outside of that I'm always in casual female clothing. At 6'2" I stand out and I get quite a few stares and occasionally someone snickers or points. Rather than storing up anger, I've simply become used to the fact that there are a few people out there who aren't pleased with me. I'm not going to change them so I'm satisfied with not allowing them to live in my mind rent-free.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345 View Post
    Another example - Eryn's statement suggesting that my actions where "testestorone-fueled."
    Anne, please read what I wrote again. I was referring to myself in my own youth, not to you.

The way I reacted to verbal attacks back then wasn't smart and I'm not proud of it, but it does mirror the situation we are discussing

Anger, whatever its source, is not our friend. It removes our power of reason and forces us down paths that are best not taken.
    Last edited by Eryn; 09-02-2014 at 12:13 AM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I have the "public experience" to back up my opinion that Anne should have continued on her merry way through the crowd.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Banned Read only
    Your courage is admirable. I have not had such a traumatic experience, but have suffered looks, muted comments, and other insults that have been annoying. That woman has a heart of gold.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogina B View Post
    I have the "public experience" to back up my opinion that Anne should have continued on her merry way through the crowd.
    Actually, Rogina, all you have is "public experience" to back up that you did things differently in dissimilar circumstances.

You can share your experiences and even sugegst that you believe you would have done things differently.

What is becoming tiresome to all the regulars here, is your insistence that only your viewpoint can possibly be valid.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity