Thread: Blessing in disguise

Blessing in disguise

I just started going back to school after having to take a year off and I decided that I was going to go appearing the way I want to. So far I haven't heard anything negative from other students which either is a good thing or bad. I even had to communicate to other students in my class during the first day with nothing going wrong, I figured that the rest of the semester was going to be alright (OK I know that its hard to tell if something will go just fine during the first week). Well, I happened to be very wrong! As I was walking to my car, I heard somebody behind me talking on the phone asking where to get a parking pass so I turn around to help the person out. After I turn around to face the person, I see an exact look alike doppelganger to one of my cousins... or somebody that was actually my cousin. I still helped the person find where to get the parking pass and then left.

Turns out that the person was one of my cousins. I found out after I had gotten the phone number and sent a text which said who I was. The reply was confirmation to a question I wanted to ask. I was so afraid that my cousin would go and spread my appearance to family. I asked if my cousin could keep it a secret and my cousin said the secret is safe. The next thing just made me happy, I then asked if my cousin was ok with my appearance and responded with "completely ok with whoever you choose to be and however you choose to look" and "I love my family no matter what". It could be that my cousin is like 13 years younger then me but who knows. I even accompanied my cousin to get the parking pass today, it was just nice to be able to help and still be myself.

That's a great story to exemplify human decency and acceptance. Just people helping each other without judgement.

The Mad Scientist
    Nice story...touching..

So glad to hear it was a positive experience. It takes a lot of courage to do something like that at a new school. Good luck!

Are you saying you're a blessing in disguise to your cousin?

He or she wanted a pass and you wanted to pass? Your cousin got the pass and you sorta passed without even cheating? It was a test, wasn't it? To see if you'd pass?

I'm practicing interrogatory discourse or something? I'm happy for you?
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Nice story, enjoy school this year.

beautiful story, hope the rest of the year pans out the same
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Platinum Member
    Small world, but it turned out very well. Good for both of you!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Biker Twit
    That's awesome! Good luck in your studies