Thread: World's Wildest Commercials on ABC

Banned Read only

World's Wildest Commercials on ABC

So, we're sitting in our living room watching ABC's, "World's Wildest Commercials." Big count down from twenty to the number one. Of course, number one just had to be of a guy who finds a bra and panty in a locker room. He tries the ensemble on. The fire alarm goes off. Smoke fills the air. Everyone runs to escape. His man clothes catch fire as he grabs them. He is left with nothing but the red bra and panty set coming down a fire escape. The news crew is broadcasting live. Here comes the man hurrying down the fire escape on the televsion being viewed by his family. Of course, they recognize him. "Dad??"

And, of course, here we sit in our "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" marriage. No comments made. Fortunately, the number one commercial ends the shows. Wife decides it's time to go play solitaire on the computer. Awkward. Of course, the feminine garment that turned my wife off of my interest in feminine attire was a vivid red Vanity Fair bra. Such is life......

What on earth was the commercial advertising?

Vieja

I saw that program and commercial, but I don't recall that they ever mentioned what was being advertised. That can sometimes laughing so loud that the television can not be heard. Also - some of the commercials in the program were in foreign languages, and if you don't read the captions at the bottom of the screen, you miss what the commercial was about.

The main thing that I got from the commercial was that a bra and panties look horrible on a hairy body - so let's keep ourselves shaved!

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    I've seen a few of these types of commercials. On one hand, they're pretty funny. On the other, they make TG/CDs look like buffoons. Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Vieja View Post
    What on earth was the commercial advertising?
    Xtra Spicy BBQ potato chips
    DonnaT

anyone remember THIS one?

Platinum Member
    Awkward moments brought on by coincidence. I recall a few of those from my first marriage.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    I think I've got to the point where my wife would have made a slightly sarcastic remark, like I'm glad you're shavingyour legs now !
    I have a set in vivid red plus stockings and heels I could offer to do a live retake for her ! Talk about living dangerously !!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    And, of course, here we sit in our "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" marriage. No comments made. Fortunately, the number one commercial ends the shows. Wife decides it's time to go play solitaire on the computer. Awkward. Of course, the feminine garment that turned my wife off of my interest in feminine attire was a vivid red Vanity Fair bra. Such is life......
    since my wife found out and although she is ok with it, everytime some form of crossdressing appears on tv i feel it creates a strange temporary vacuum. before she found out, if something like that had come on tv we would probably of both chucked out loud, now it seems to create a moment where nothing happens and we both just look straight at the tv until it passes, then everything comes back to normal :-)

The problem is that whenever somebody is crossdressed on tv its always in a situation which is designed to bring embarrassment and/or shame onto the crossdresser which in turn is supposed to make those watching it laugh at them. That really doesnt help!!

A few months ago we watched the dallas buyers club film and there is a crossdressing character in that, which is probably the first time it didnt have an awkward feel because they were not being mocked for being a cd, its just who they were, but the character was gay which didnt help with the notion that if you like to dress up like a woman you must be gay. either way it was a really good film :-)
    Last edited by karens70; 08-30-2014 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgette Ross View Post
    I've seen a few of these types of commercials. On one hand, they're pretty funny. On the other, they make TG/CDs look like buffoons. Hmmmm.
    I share this feeling.... we've had these on discussions before, and they are funny just from the 'got him wrapped around her little finger' perspective, but on the other hand, we're back to CDing is just comical, humiliating, silly...

I wonder if Anheuser-Busch would ever conceive of an ad that poked the same fun at gays, lesbians... or even... well, you know where this goes...

But this is tribal humour - someone not of our tribe does something different so we laugh... same way some of us might laugh at people dressed as generic Arabs or construction workers, cowboys, whatever... It's only when it's your tribe you get defensive... but it is, so I am...

Sorry you had an awkward time with that Stephanie - even closeted I can feel awkward watching something similar...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by karens70 View Post
    since my wife found out and although she is ok with it, everytime some form of crossdressing appears on tv i feel it creates a strange temporary vacuum. before she found out, if something like that had come on tv we would probably of both chucked out loud, now it seems to create a moment where nothing happens and we both just look straight at the tv until it passes, then everything comes back to normal :-)...
    This creates a perfect opportunity to open the door to talking about it. Joke along with it. There is nothing wrong with humor. A quip in a situation like this can break the tension:
    "I can't believe he's wearing those shoes with that outfit." or "I'd never be seen in THAT dress."

You see, she's wondering if she can talk about it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    anyone remember THIS one?
    Didn't see it til you just posted it, Mink. Funny!

xoxo

Traci
    YIM -- tracigirl111