Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feel sorry for young CD's

Although I'm way too young to know anything about the 50's, 60's, 70's, I do recall watching sitcoms and television back from the 80's and 90's while growing up.

I would've loved to grow up as a teenager during a time when so many women were wearing pantyhose and heels. So in a sense, it would have definitely been interesting to CD back then!

At the same time, being a teenager of the 21st century, I've learned to have an appreciation for yoga pants and leggings as well! Definitely the advent of technology has made shopping for girl clothes much more accessible nowadays which is a definite plus! Along with the fact that society is growing towards being more open minded and accepting, making it much easier to CD in public.

Just be happy that you got the chance to grow up at all lol, regardless of what time period
    Pantyhose enthusiast-Send me your favorite brand of PH!

Latest pair: Leggs Silken Mist

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59775257@N03/

I'm very thankful to begin crossdressing in this era. The options are phenomenal with so many options. The styles, colors,and fabrics are as heavenly as they can be. Its easy to find and cheaper to buy while the complete opposite is still widely accessible.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Silver Member
    I was dressing in my late teens, in the late 90s, and I wore girdles, slips, gartered stockings etc. and other old fashioned lingerie and clothes, and always wore a dress or skirt when dressed (and still do.) GGs at the time were not wearing those, but I did, because I liked them (and still do.) Young folks today could dress in those vintage style clothes, I doubt many want to (though I am sure small number some do.)

Hi,

I doubt many if any would be interested in the styles that i wear and prefer over any of to days fashions try 1400 to 1700, and there were many to chose from , around the known world, and more so in Europe our land of Prussia , and as you come down going through many different peoples and look at thier clothes- garb, you may be surprised at how lovely the colours and styles were / are , and our traditional period wear is,

and how many would make thier own , as i do and i have many outfits fashion of to day leaves me cold , and i can wear most clothes any were any time.

Some of my clothes i do wear i,ll have as many colours as i can i like muity colours in my clothes,

1940s pretty dull black on black and browns 20,s had more colour at the Ball,s and pretty,. quite lovely as it was , late 60,s 70,s hippy time colour on colour .

oh well different tastes different times and different people and idears,

...noeleena...

I certainly understand where Diedre is coming from, but of course I'm a fetish dresser. Even though I was born in the early '50s, panty girdles, long line bras and gartered stockings weren't available for me to wear. Retro fashions are available now days, but the prices can be much higher than current fashions.

I too am a boomer. I loved the lingerie that women wore in the 60's & will always reflect upon how sexy & feminine they felt while wearing them. But time has past, I am older + hopefully grown in wisdom, & recognize that the young cd's of today are so incredibly blessed: greater access to clothing, greater freedom & confidence to dress & , most importantly, knowledge that there are sooo many other cd's in this world. They communicate often, meet in public & display an aire of confidence that I truly admire & envy.
    I don't think that nostalgia should be used as a reference point to judge today's cders. There is too much to be thankful for. We have come a long way, baby. Find that inner peace, mel

I don't know if it's even retro or not to wear stockings and a garter belt. There are just so many available out there that it makes me wonder who's buying all of this, because none of the GGs I've known ever wore even pantyhose.

Most stores will carry thigh highs and pantyhose, but that's about it. But if you go on the internet, there's lots available. There's garter belts you can wear all day long. As far as girdles go, well they don't work with my body.

I wear tights, thigh highs, or stockings almost every time I wear a dress or a skirt. I love it. I even found some pantyhose in the house and wear those from time to time. But really, wearing shorts or capris with flip flops is awesome too. It's all good.
    man, i feel like a woman

In my very humble opinion, feeling sorry for young CDs is sympathy seriously misplaced. When I see a young(ish) CD, the only thing I feel sorry about is the fact that I didn't take my CDing more seriously, sooner. Luckily, I have decided to look forward, not back.

Today's young CDs have their own fashion, their own style. More power to 'em!

YIM -- tracigirl111

I am so happy to be a CD in this era because our choices are practically endless and very fashionable. In the underwear department there are so many different types of bra and panties style to choose from. As far as clothes are concerned I feel like its so much easier to blend in with the female population with some well thought out choices. I also tip my hat to some of the older CD's who dealt with less variety and have still made it work, brava ladies both young and old

I enjoy being a 90's punk girl too much honestly, though my partner would most likely enjoy outfits of the 50's persuasion....
    Smi mens jernet er varmt.
    "Don't laugh just cause my bra's stuffed with socks!"
    ♫ "I'm your ch-ch-ch-ch-CHERRY BOMB!" ♫

Diedre,
    Unlike you I envy the young er ones, they have a whole lot more acceptance and there are enough styles to boggle the mind and they can wear them.
    They don't know what they are missing, tht I agree on but, they are focused on what today's woman ears and they do emulate that well.
    It may not be your taste and retro 60s may not be their taste either.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm a young CD, and I have to say I disagree with you. Now a days people are a lot more open minded regarding CD's and sexuality. Also the range of women's wear is massive.

Quote Originally Posted by PertyX View Post
    When I imagine being 16 or 17, living in a tolerant situation and having the imagination to explore sexuality with feminine clothes and makeup, I find it difficult to feel sorry for a young CD.

All I feel is deeply, deeply envious...
    Also one doesn't feel so "alone" or isolated with resources that are available today. I wish they existed when I was a teen.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan37 View Post
    You're delusional. Today's young cd's have so many more options. The clothing today is smart. Styled well and many vintage fashions at back in style, but modernized. Society is much more open today, which allows greater freedom and acceptance. Strictly from a gender expression point of view. If I had a choice between growing up in the late 60's, early 80' vs late 90's to now. Now is the time. Not then. Evidenced by the number of older CD's closeted from their wives.
    I couldn't agree more.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

In,old school too. But I dont like the slip, girdle,or garter stocking, just too uncomfortable. I think todays choices r better. U can wear less or more

Katrina, Are you shopping at Central Tractor for dresses? I shop at Macys, BCBG, White House/black Market, Chico's, Cache, JC Penney's, Liz Claiborne Ann Taylor, and Loft and all I see are dresses and skirts. I have to ask where the jeans are.

Don't tell me there are no skirts and dresses out there.

Jodi

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina26cd View Post
    I was born in 82' so the gender equality was already in full swing but its tough going shopping now I walk into stores and get depressed only seeing jeans i have been asked before can we help you find something and i will tell them im looking for a skirt or dress and there answer is usually we dont really have any

Unfortunately I don't know what the fashion was like back then, but I feel that nowadays there's a lot of choices for fashion. and I don't think it's boring.

I kind of prefer more modern styles

I'm another one that feels more envious of young CDs than sorry for them. They have a more tolerant society, better communication and information,, a huge range of sexy/pretty everyday fashions than was ever the case in my teen/twenties, and bigger sizes on the high street than we used to get in the frumpy old "outsize" catalogues.
    Good on you girls ... make the most of having smooth skin, joints that bend, and your own hair!