Thread: Report From the Field - the cost of support

Silver Member

Report From the Field - the cost of support

I had a brief exchange with someone recently on the implications of having to wear a bra. Not wanting to wear one, mind you – this isn't the cross-dressing forum – but having to wear one. As the list, which is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, started getting longer, I thought I would pass it along for your reading pleasure, commentary, and perhaps for a few, education.

Some of the little lessons learned along the route include the following. What are yours?

• Swear off thin T-shirts forever
    • Avoid the retro, 50s bullet bras
    • Watch out leaning over!
    • Get used to the sweep up and down looks. They don't advertise the enhancement and beautification aspects of these things for nothing.
    • Lacy bits and fasteners show through!
    • You just acquired brand-new and really interesting sweat patterns!
    • There is a world of brands and designs that you are going to find utterly fascinating!
    • "Side boob", "Wardrobe Malfunction", and "Nip Slip" just became personal concerns.
    • After a while, wearing one will be so unremarkable that you will find yourself taking your top off without thinking! Get used to thinking!
    • you may think of underthings, like tees and such, as outerwear. While some girls think of their bras as outerwear, too, don't go there…
    • New attitude: "What's the big deal? They're just boobs."
    • It's no joke and not a posture that you can hardly wait to rip the thing off at the end of the day…
    • And you thought sizing for other garments was complicated!
    • The difference in cost between a run-of-the-mill bra and a really good one equals your disposable income…
    Lea

I HAVE to wear bras since I wear a C cup and will being going into D cup in the near future.

I NEVER wear thin white T shirts ever.

Now I understand how it feels to get the sweep up and down looks. I get the creeps when that happens since I am NOT attracted at all to men. Now that I know the feeling I will make sure I don't do that with pretty young ladies.

I don't go for frilly lacy bras. I don't want to spend the money and call attention that I wear bras. I do like underwire since I have a lot of underarm tissue. Same with underpants. I simply like men's briefs that are made out of cotton and have plenty of room for the boy bits.

It is no big deal to wear a bra. Whenever I go out in public I always put one on, the same as I do with my underpants.

And yes, now that I have boobs I think "What's the big deal".

I like to take my bra off at the end of the day. That is my "Ahh" moment.

Johanna Anna
    Last edited by JohnH; 08-29-2014 at 11:16 AM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

So much truth there. I work in a cold environment at work (39 degree air temp) so I don't work about the show through or sweat patterns but my Lord I can't wait for the "free the tatas" moment at the end of the day..... It's better than sex. And as annoying and uncomfortable it becomes throughout the shift it beats the pants off of dealing with bouncing around.

Silver Member
    "Better than sex"… Yep, pretty much describes it!
    Lea

I haven't reached that point yet I can still wear loose golf shirts. My wife will comment if I wear one that is a little tight. I have also noticed a couple times recently when talking to men that they are looking at my chest.

There was a day when i thought it was pretty cool to go out wearing a bra. ..... now I find it pretty cool that I can go out without one!

and bending over. ....well do it once and the waiter will be there all night when you need him!
    Last edited by Angela Campbell; 08-29-2014 at 05:04 PM.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by LeaP View Post
    "Better than sex"… Yep, pretty much describes it!
    Nothing is better than sex, not even taking the bra off at the end of the work day. But I concede a reasonable second place.

• Swear off thin T-shirts forever - uhm, transition fixes that
    • Avoid the retro, 50s bullet bras - transition fixes that
    • Watch out leaning over! - unless you do it on purpose
    • Get used to the sweep up and down looks. They don't advertise the enhancement and beautification aspects of these things for nothing. - uhmm wait until you buy it for that purpose
    • Lacy bits and fasteners show through! - as above it just depends on the occasion (like for court I have to wear felsh colored under white shirts and blouses
    • You just acquired brand-new and really interesting sweat patterns! - honey its called boob sweat and known to women across the land
    • There is a world of brands and designs that you are going to find utterly fascinating! - you will find your brand and it's name is comfort (that is a reasonable third)
    • "Side boob", "Wardrobe Malfunction", and "Nip Slip" just became personal concerns. - I call it my bacon and oops
    • After a while, wearing one will be so unremarkable that you will find yourself taking your top off without thinking! Get used to thinking! THAT has not happened to me, but then I never liked taking my shirt off
    • you may think of underthings, like tees and such, as outerwear. While some girls think of their bras as outerwear, too, don't go there… But what about a nice corset
    • New attitude: "What's the big deal? They're just boobs." - the other side of that coin is -- you think he/she likes them while standing in front of a mirror naked
    • It's no joke and not a posture that you can hardly wait to rip the thing off at the end of the day… - it depends on the occasion, sometimes you just have to take them off real slow
    • And you thought sizing for other garments was complicated! - oh for God's sake figure it out
    • The difference in cost between a run-of-the-mill bra and a really good one equals your disposable income… - but the really good ones last for a long time, cause they are not every day

But bras are a whole world in and of themselves....
    Last edited by Kathryn Martin; 08-29-2014 at 05:39 PM.
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

Silver Member
    Humbled in my own thread on the basis of reality!

I've been deconstructed, instructed, obstructed, and, well ... titillated!
    Last edited by LeaP; 08-29-2014 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Lea

Take your bra off and enjoy the best scratch of the day. Aaaah.

As for pricing it is funny, it is not always the expensive ones that are the most comfy, my favorite one cost me about $4
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Silver Member
    If you know what you want and are patient, sooner or later you can find it at Marshall's or TJ Maxx.
    Lea

Wait.... wait.... just you wait until you try a $240.00 which has been altered for you, it is amazing. I never thought I would ever say so but truly it is.... as I said in the end your brand will be comfort....

Silver Member
    I bought a book titled "Bra Fitting and Construction" a while ago, mostly to understand the elements of fit. I may try making one or two. The patterning and fitting is pretty straightforward. Once you've fitted the pattern, the sewing is dead simple.
    Lea

I just let mine flow freely, apparently there's research showing that it's harmless.
    To be fair though I only read the title of the article.

I just get antsy when wearing tight fitting things so the straps kinda freaked me out.
    Can't wear long sleeves either :/

Bras suck! Even the $240.00 ones. I rarely wear the things and if I do I usually only wear sports bras. Thanks to BA I have very perky boobs with or without a bra. My GF keeps telling me they will eventually sag. I'm almost 40, by the time that happens I won't care anyway!

One question. Why don't bra straps correspond with dress straps? I hate when my bra straps are visible!

And yeah, I've worn a corset as outer wear but I had been drinking. Drinking + not breathing = poor decision making!
    Last edited by Aprilrain; 09-01-2014 at 05:41 AM.

I suppose that $240 bra is a lot like a $500 pair of custom made high heel shoes. There is simply nothing like them in the universe.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

So true, if they are properly fitted ..... amazing....

I spent $120 on a bra and that was only because I had no idea it was going to be that expensive and didn't want to have wasted the SA's time.
    Screw it I'll just tape 'em.