Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever seen a CDer shopping while you were. Just wondering

Have you ever seen a CDer shopping while you were. Just wondering

I was at a thrift store and this wouldn't be the first time where I would see another man doing the same kind of shopping as I do. The kind of shopping that is a little suspicious. You most likely wouldn't be shopping for someone else at a second hand thrift store, especially with out that person there.

I was at a thrift store and another man was around the same isles as I was looking. I don't know why I kept walking instead of actually buying something, I just felt it was too awkward to have two men shopping in the same isle.

It just felt kind of weird to me, probably because I am new to this. I felt almost like he was going to judge in a way but he didn't. He probably felt the same with me around. I was looking at a skirt or shorts real quick and almost pretended like I was in the wrong isle.

On a quick side note the clothes at a second hand store are exactly what you pay for basically. There are some good stuff there but alot of the clothes would be like clothes my mom would wear eww lol. Not that I would buy underwear from there but their underwear is so boring there.

So have you ladies ever had an experience with another CD or male shopping for women's clothes. I am guessing a lot of ladies might have had a situation like this but probably doesn't care because you learned not to care of what people think of you.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sissyboy2 View Post

I was at a thrift store and another man was around the same isles as I was looking. I don't know why I kept walking instead of actually buying something, I just felt it was too awkward to have two men shopping in the same isle.

I recently watched an old man deep in concentration in the womenS PANTIES ( oops...I said the magic word) yes...in the PANTIES, corsets..lingenie ..that stuff?? IN the thrift store,,...I had to watch....as i shamelessly sifted through the mini skirts in the next isle with my headphones on...I watched him....to REALLY watch everybody else and their reaction to an old man fingering panties.......and you know what...nobody cared an old man was shopping in the sexy section of the thrift store...or I was in the mini skirts for that matter.....it was a good laugh, a great obsevation,and a lesson learned

i have never been out/shopping dressed but i have seen a CD when I was in a department store shopping with my wife. my wife didnt seem to noticed and i didnt really see others paying too much attention so i do wonder if the only reason i noticed was because i am aware of those little things that give us away. she did look a little nervous, i had nothing but respect for her doing that alone, although I did want to go up to her and whisper "straighten your leg a little more as you walk otherwise it looks like you are trying to plough a field in heels!" :-)

Recently, while I was out shopping, I saw a guy looking at woman's cloths, with a intent look. That was me a few years ago. I later saw him at at a grand opening of a new clothing store. Have not made contact yet.

Of course.
    My wife and I (drab) were at a Tall Girls store once and as we perused the racks I spotted a "sister". He was not dressed, but some of his attire, his very long hair (lucky guy) and a few other details told me we shared something special. I didn't approach him but I did mention it to my wife and she watched him a bit slyly and agreed.
    We've seen others in the malls from time to time who were dressed as well.
    I guess as they say, "takes on to know one"...lol
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I've been getting womens jeans from goodwill for many years. There'd sometimes
    be some other guy there trying to buy some too. But long ago, it wasn't something
    a guy would ordinarily be doing (here)....so there were a few times we'd try to
    out-wait each other. --"would you please get the heck out of here so i can
    buy my girly jeans!"--lol!

We saw a guy a walmart recently too. I was very comfortable with my wife
    close by, just intent of going through the skirts and tops. I noticed another
    guy sifting through the shorts, and thought nothing of it at first. But then
    I saw he was looking at tops & skirts too, and it was easy to guess he was
    looking for his size.

I thought for a second to say something, but then thought I'd better not.
    Sometimes an idea backfires on me pretty unexpectedly....lol!

I haven't seen one dressed, but many times I've seen guys that i was
    pretty sure were shopping for themselves. I know I was! heehee!

Gone to live my life
    Have you ever seen a CDer shopping while you were?

Yup . . . every time I look in a mirror while trying something on

To be honest, I don't pay much head to men shopping in the women's section of stores as I used to buy clothes for my wife (BCD - before CDing) on her B-Day and other special occasions. I have seen other "sisters" shopping but then again perhaps they weren't.

Hugs

Isha

Platinum Member
    Hi Sissyboy, I don't shop en-drab but I have seen other CD's shoping and I give them the respect that I would expect.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    There's a beautiful trans-girl clerk at my favorite thrift store. I get her and, she gets me. I always get in her line if she's at the register. I always comment on how beautiful she looks and she gives me great smiles and checks out my purchases shaming me for finding the good stuff before her. It's just so much fun. I always try to wear forms and I really don't care who might be watching me as I hold up dresses to see how they might fit.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Yes, I've seen men looking in the ladies' section at thrift stores a couple of times, and I've seen en fem CDs at Walmart in the women's dept. I doubt any of them were shopping for their sister's birthday, but it's possible.

The wife and I were shopping at K-Mart one day and I noticed a guy lurking around the woman's section. Didn't really think much about it, but when we got up to the register I noticed the same guy in front of us and he was buying a dress. He was looking down and I am sure he was not comfortable buying the dress so I wasn't able to make any type of eye contact with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sissyboy2 View Post
    I felt almost like he was going to judge in a way...
    Weren't you judging him???

I shop in either mode with (perhaps?) reckless abandon. I come across guys here and there and what strikes me is how awkward they often appear to be. Just own it and don't worry so much about others around you, whether who they are or what they might be thinking.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Aspiring Member
    While in guy mode or girl modeI have seen several men also looking or shopping for women's clothing. I did work at a local long term care facility where a husband of a resident would buy her clothes at Goodwill and another husband of an ER pt who had to go to Walmart to buy his wife all her clothes to go home in. As for seeing a CDer shopping I can't really remember seeing another other than Tracii when we went shopping. I wouldn't assume much tho seeing a man looking or buying at women's clothes...

I saw two sisters at the Danbury Mall. I only spotted them because of the hair on one and the other had on about five inch wedges for shopping and I could see a bit of beard shadow. On both occasions they walked right past me and I did not make any indication they were different from any other women walking by me. I was dressed a bit more comfy in Capri jeans, tank top and ballet flats. I like to be comfy when doing some shopping!

I have on several occasions. Once in a Burlington's, I spotted two; one enfemme, one in drab. I nodded and smiled at each, and went about my shopping. Soon, the one in drab, came over to me and asked about the sizing on women's clothing. We talked a bit, then I suggested he try some things on. He wasn't aware that we could use the dressing rooms in store. It's nice to help a sister in need...

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Sadly, I have not seen another CD shopping for clothes near where I live. Maybe I just don't noticed because I'm too focussed on what I'm doing there. If I did, I'd be overcome with excitement just because I'd want to befriend them. Haha. I know that's probably not the best thing to do though so I'd have to just settle with a subtle secret nod. :P

Yes. I've seen them in thrift shops. I've seen them in regular stores. I've seen them at the mall. I've seen them at MAC. Oh wait, that was me and a couple of friends. I've seen them in restaurants. I've seen them working at the grocery store.

These are the ones I'm sure of. I've also seen a number of possible maybes,

And these sightings don't count the rotating group of 30 or 40 that I hang out with, nor the 500 at the Keystone Conference.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

There aren't many of us out here in these parts of the cornfields.... I was approached by a TV as I was exiting out of one of thrift stores. She came up to me, we chatted as she was looking for a local LGBT event... That's about it though.

However, on another note. I shop in both modes at numerous thrift stores. I have found that I have a knack for finding deals. Those deals in turn, for most of the items that I buy end up being resold on the bay store. I don't make a lot of money, but it keeps me in better clothes....

Renne.....

Interesting subject. Since I do all my shopping in drab anyway, I have never noticed any other cd. I am one of those people that don't pay attention to anyone around me, while shopping, unless they are doing something strange. I hit up the thrift stores once in a while too, but have never noticed any guys shopping in the women's section, when I am there.

I do most of my shopping alone now but when I was pretty actively dressing, I would go shopping with either GGs or some of my other CD GF's. Never did anything unusual or tried to call attention and never had a problem. Act like a girl and you will be generally be treated with courtesy. I have on occasion, seen men in the intimate apparel section. I try not to make eye contact with anyone else. I mind my business and manners. He was there for the same reason I was, I figured ..

Lisa

I wasn't shopping but wanted to share. I stopped at a gas station to get a soda while I was out for work. I came outside to get in the car and noticed two woman talking outside. First glance ok but then since I crossdress more and being on this forum I must be picking up on it more. Well I looked again while starting my car and said to myself one of them is a cd. Was hard to tell but I could then notice the wig and the face a bit and then the feet and shoes said something. Typically I would have never noticed. I felt a little weird but nothing major I would have talked I him but was in a hurry. I wonder if gg's can pick us out in a similar way just like we may be more perceptive to pick each other out over a non cd'r.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    I can spot sisters in drab a mile away -- particularly when they have that same deer in the headlight look that I probably have. But I've never spotted a dressed sister.

Platinum Member
    I use to peruse and buy women's garments for my wife when we were first married. She was 5 foot 2 and less than 120 pounds. I was very comfortable buying since I was 6 foot 1 and 175 pounds. Nobody would take my perusing as a cross dresser buying for myself. I started buying new dresses for myself and still felt very comfortable. I bought numerous slips and some floor length nightgowns in my size. I shied away from the bras and panties. As I got older I started to feel self conscious. If you look around there are not too many guys shopping for their wives or girl friends any more with the exception of holidays. I still do buy on occasion a dress in person. However, I have usually perused the store on-line and know exactly what I want. Then, I just go up to the rack in the store and buy it. As to shopping at a thrift store-no. There are not too many dresses in my size at a retailer let alone at a thrift store. I know my size and style, so I usually find more stuff on eBay that fits me.

I've seen a few CD-ers in the area's stores. They were very obvious. Recently, the one I saw really needed a makeover. I would compliment him on his ability to get out. But, he was obviously looking like a gorilla in a dress. The other was a total exhibitionist. I've seen him twice. When I was in San Francisco I saw some very attractive CD-ers who totally blended in. The people I was with did not notice at all. I will admit I was searching for CD-ers. They were exquisite in their presentation; makeup, style, mannerisms. If they did not have an Adam's apple, they would have been undetectable.

I will say this. Not every guy in the lingerie department fondling the lingerie is a cross dresser. I was in JC Penny with my wife years ago. She found and took the sales desk a nylon gown on which some asshole had jerked off on it. Disgusting.

yeah I am one of those who go to the thrift stores always way too aware of peoplestaring at the man looking at all the frillies ,except that in reality i know no one is paying attention to me . but yesterday I was busted in a nice little way I was underdressed in the pink polka dot bikini bottom I showed in the pretty panties thread,and this little old lady came up to me and said you have a tag showing my dear !! well of course she knew the panites wers girls as the tag was a very silky one and long! almost 2 inches so you all know what happened to the tag after that! but through her mannerism's it appeared she accepted my other me
    thanks phylis anne

Platinum Member
    Nope. But I have seen a fellow traveler at the local grocery. I didn't acknowledge her, nor did she notice me.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt