Thread: Do you drive like a gg?

Do you drive like a gg?

Ok not sure if this is the right section so if the moderators move this then thank you

Post correction.

Well here is something to ponder. I have noticed some traits driving that I can tell weather or not a drive is female or male not all the time But most of the time. Im just curious if anyone else has noticed differences in general that are more specific to identifying gender or not.

So we spend a lot of time on appearance, voice, walking in heels even getting in and out of the car like a gg but do we drive like a gg?

Just something to think about?

That will teach me to start a thread while waking up in the am. Cause this one was headed on the highway to hell
    Last edited by Ashley Wray; 08-30-2014 at 12:27 PM.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I really hate to stereotype whether a driver is male or female. I try to drive sanely and efficiently. One type of driver I can always spot is the drunk. And there's plenty of them on the road here in Las Vegas. Then there's the typical moron. I've seen every example of bad driving you can imagine. Even saw a cop texting. And unfortunately, about one motorcyclist a day succombs to the laws of physics. As far as women drivers go? I just try to check out their boobs.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I can tell when a driver is on a cell phone but I cannot guess the gender of the driver

Lol I find that when a driver in front of me is hesitant or unclear as to what direction they're trying to go (and pissing me off in the process because they're driving too slow) more often than not it's a woman rather than a guy. I've seen guy drivers do some really stupid stuff too...most of the time on the highway when someone misses an exit and goes into reverse it's a guy. I don't think one is necessarily better than the other, just different foibles. When I'm driving, I like to get where I'm going and get really annoyed by dithering - and especially when people get into the passing lane and sit there cruising along at the speed limit (that one's an equal opportunity offense...) As for me, I like having a V-8 engine in my truck and like to let her sing sometimes. You could say I have a lead foot lol.

Way to reinforce negative stereotypes.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

Platinum Member
    This one comes around pretty regularly. I suppose as a group we are inclined to look for evidence of femininity in day to day behaviors. Frankly, I think it's a futile endeavor. There are enough aggressive female drivers and cautious and considerate male drivers to refute the notion that driving behavior is a gender specific trait.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I look a lot and do this as well

Tina G
    I don't believe in pessimism. If something doesn't come up the way you want, forge ahead. If you think it's going to rain, it will.

Who said it was a negative thing emi it was just to start a conversation about the driving differences if any but again I knew someone would find the negative and bash this thread. I never said I have a problem with how they may drive just was curious if anyone picked up on any differences with it male or female. But I guess that's why I don't post more often cause it seems there's always someone who wants to butcher or find the negative in a thread.

Really most who tailgate me, have their phone stuck to their ear and are speeding are wait for it.......MALES
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Quote Originally Posted by Renee Elise View Post
    Lol I find that when a driver in front of me is hesitant or unclear as to what direction they're trying to go (and pissing me off in the process because they're driving too slow) more often than not it's a woman rather than a guy. I've seen guy drivers do some really stupid stuff too...most of the time on the highway when someone misses an exit and goes into reverse it's a guy. I don't think one is necessarily better than the other, just different foibles. When I'm driving, I like to get where I'm going and get really annoyed by dithering - and especially when people get into the passing lane and sit there cruising along at the speed limit (that one's an equal opportunity offense...) As for me, I like having a V-8 engine in my truck and like to let her sing sometimes. You could say I have a lead foot lol.
    Why is cruising at the speed limit so bad, to pass them makes you a speeder and candidate for a ticket. I've never ticketed a driver doing the speed limit in the passing lane. I have ticketed many using passing lane to pass drivers doing speed limit in right hand lane.

Gone to live my life
    Hey Ashley,

Cute thread. For me I try to drive like a responsible driver which means not texting or cell phone talking while driving (illegal in most parts of Canada) and no aggressive driving. Is this pertinent to one gender over the other? Well I would hate to go out on a branch and say "yay" or "nay". I do know that I have seen my fair share of both male and female "texter/talkers" and men tend to be more aggressive when driving (but then again I have seen aggressive female drivers). All we can ask is that people drive safe . . . that is big weapon under your control.

Hugs

Isha

Yes Sandra it goes both ways. However I may be guilty of using a bad example but it was one thing that stood out for me. But it does not have to be a negative experience and males do the same stuff.

Keep it friendly members...

Interesting observation Ashley, but only an isolated observation…

Facts dispel the stereotypes as far as safety goes… In the USA in 2008 (last year I could find complete stats for) the rate of fatal accidents for female drivers was 1.4/100 million miles whereas male drivers is 2.1/100 million miles… so males are 50% more likely to be involved in a fatal accident… no stats for fender benders or crossdressers it seems… (Stats from iihs.org - Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and original stats sourced from US Dept of Transportation)

I suspect there will be regional and country differences too... scariest drivers anywhere I've experienced are Taipei taxi drivers, with Milan (Italy) taxi drivers a close second... I do think machismo and testosterone will contribute to 'competitive' and aggressive driving so maybe there is a subtle decrease for TG folk...?

On the other hand, some of us could be so busy trying to clock other CDers, we're a positive threat to other road users..

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Quote Originally Posted by wilt575 View Post
    Why is cruising at the speed limit so bad, to pass them makes you a speeder and candidate for a ticket. I've never ticketed a driver doing the speed limit in the passing lane. I have ticketed many using passing lane to pass drivers doing speed limit in right hand lane.
    Omg the police found my thread I'm outta here lol

Have you every noticed that nobody is a better driver than "you" are?

I've never paid attention to the percentages of idiot drivers out there, and I've been driving long enough to have seen many of them. Yes, I saw a cop texting while driving just the other day. Also, if the car is going slower than the speed limit by 5 to 10 mph you can bet there yakking on a cell phone.

I do know that in male mode I'm an aggressive driver while enfemme I am not. This has to do more with not getting stopped by the cops than anything else.

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar

Exactly

You are correct. Nobody (on the road) is clearly identified as a better driver than I. Because it's impossible to identify while on the road. In my opinion, what makes a 'bad' driver is doing things that cause disruptions, confusion, or unsafe situations. I hate being the victim of other selfish drivers, and make damn sure that I am never the cause of things like that. The ones that do not impact your drive, you don't even see. It's the ones that do the stupid stuff that you remember. So it is very easy to say that nobody else knows how to drive based on what we observe when behind the wheel.

Now, with regard to driving 'skill', that's not something you can even measure on public roadways. You want to prove that you are a 'better' driver than I? Let's take it to an auto-X, or even better, a circuit. Then we'll see how well you know your vehicle and it's limits. If anyone can beat me around a circuit, (with a vehicle of similar performance) only then, will I grant someone the title of 'better driver'. Because there's a significant difference between being a driver, and commuter.
    Last edited by Sandra; 08-30-2014 at 01:52 PM. Reason: No need to quote the post directly above you
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

I am a professional truck driver..so I do tend to have the "I am a better driver than you" frame of mind.
    I, by no means, am saying I am better than others, as there are lots out there that are better than me.
    But in my 15+ years behind the wheel of a 100 000lbs+ vehicle, I have accumulated more driving miles than most will in their entire life! I have seen countless people doing incredibly stupid things while driving....weather it be being occupied with other things while driving or their driving itself.
    Distracted driving:
    Dressing, make-up, eating, texting, phone calls, laptops, video games (yes I have seen that), sex, etc.
    Bad driving:
    Excessive speed, tailgating, aggressive weaving, slowpokes (and no I do not mean people doing the limit in the passing lane
    more like 75KPH in a 100KPH zone) road raging, etc.

Like I said I have seen a lot of crap...and I will be the first to admit...I am guilty of some of these things too.
    But I find the worst drivers on the roads are middle aged men! Very arrogant driving style.
    Next are very young people...and that is just lack of experience in my opinion.
    But on the whole woman in general tend to be the better drivers...again just my opinion and observations.

I find that I am a lot more cautious when I am out as Natasha.

Just my opinions ladies!
    Natasha
    HUGS

and this can go nowhere good. The FAQs tell you that complaining about or stereotyping the GGs especially, but anyone in this case is not allowed. Thread closed.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,