Thread: Shopping in lieu of dressing

Shopping in lieu of dressing

It seem like its been ages since I've been able to dress and it keeps drifting into my daily thoughts. My schedule will change in the next month or so and I should get some opportunities. Having said that, I can't seem to stop shopping online and have pulled the trigger on 4 outfits and 2 new wigs. I'd like to think I'm done for awhile, but have to consciously keep myself in check. I suppose with no actual outlet this is just a poor substitute, but but as long as I don't go crazy and stay within budget (gotten a couple remarkable deals on ebay haven't really spent that much) it is getting me through--I'm just 'window' shopping now, and on the plus side I'll have some new things for when I do get to dress.

Do any of you fall into this as well?
    "I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."
    Lily Tomlin

I finally gave in and started a Flickr page for my pics, if you want to have a look....still loading haven't organized anything... https://www.flickr.com/photos/129221215@N08/

I tend to do the same but I usually go over board on every thing. When I can't dress in a long time I spend a lot of time just shopping and looking on line. I have had to just look and not buy it is still not the same as expecting a package of something you like and are early awaiting for the delivery. I remember my last order of the extra large forms I nearly went crazy awaiting them. My heels were the same it is just comforting knowing that they are ordered and soon to be on my feet. Even if they are just for the house or dressing occasionally.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I do it too..its fun, fills the void in between days, and its a great way to hunt and find something original.

It's all fun but for me, shopping is FUNNNN!! Went yesterday in fact.. I like online, offline, inline you name it. Does that even make any sense?? Sorry most of my (1)brain cell is laser focused on some new pieces hanging in my studio right now!! Think it's burning a hole in my frontal lobe .
    Anyway I guess my point is it's all good, and there are worse things to do with our time and money, and they're not this fun.
    CD? I'm never cross when dressed
    More like HF.. Happy Femulator. Julie's Flickr page
    Amateur/DIY Photos adjusted for exposure and white balance only, except to obscure background All rights reserved.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Oh yes, I fall into that trap constantly. A busy and hot summer here in Western Canada, with little fem time...consequently, at least a dozen new dresses hanging in the closet, neglected.

Bridge*, my pretty, you better make damn sure I never get near your closet, I would be unable to maintain my ladylike demeanor, or keep my hands off your beautiful stuff. It sounds simply intoxicating my dear!

(PM me if you hate the short name, but I like it)
    Last edited by JessicaJHall; 08-30-2014 at 02:51 PM.
    Amateur/DIY Photos adjusted for exposure and white balance only, except to obscure background All rights reserved.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    It doesn't help me at all. When I shop, I buy. When I buy, I go home and try it on. And then I have to see if it goes with anything else in my closet. And then I see where there are holes in my wardrobe and I have to go shopping again.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Ahhh, but Julie, I'm pretty sure you would drown in a size 20W!

Roxie has been a online shopping tear as of late.Now that I live on my own Ha! the postman been working some overtime. Try to stay on budget ,but you know winters a killer in N Y state so time to ramp up on the cold weather clothing . This has become my new hobby and I love it! you only go around once.
    Roxie

It's the American way! Consuming equals happiness. We are conditioned to purchase things as a means of attaining personal fulfillment. For cross-dressers, this takes the form of women's items. For car buffs, it's new vehicles or parts. For gamers, it's new games. This is how we keep a capitalist system working and how we ensure that the haves will always have and the have-nots are kept in debt.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Absolutely - I'm constantly shopping online, torturing myself during long stretches between dressing opportunities, trying not to buy everything I see ...

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Wigs online, but save your money and buy from thrift and consignment shops.
    It's a LOT more fun.

Love to shop my wife and I used to go all the time but then she decided that that was
    Fuel to my fire.I still like to do a little on my own but I buy very little
    Love window shopping though
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

I'm at least a 16 up top and 12 below on a good day so maybe not... don't tempt me Bridgie!

I love shopping , buying or not , it almost gives me a high , very self conscious about browsing in the women's clothing department , but at the time very exciting .

Guilty - but I prefer shopping in person (even when I cannot shop dressed en fem)

i often go months without dressing even though i have the opportunity to.

Yet in that time i'll easily spend £100s on clothes, we all have our little quirks i guess.

Banned Read only
    I do not have the opportunity to dress during the summer. My wife is home during the summer. Yes, I fulfill my urges to be en femme with on-line shopping. I've bought four ul slips and three dresses during the summer.

Careful I bite <3
    Julie: It sounds like we have similar proportions. If we ever do meet up we may just have to see how eachothers style fits on the other

As for replacing shopping for dressing I definitely do it a bit. I tend to go somewhat over budget when I haven't been able to dress for a while. I can squeeze my budget in other areas to not kill myself on this, so I don't stress it too much. I still identify that I'm doing it though.