Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is your manhood still important to you

Amanda L said it much better that I could explain. I love being a man ... and complimenting the same with feminine instincts. Peace, mel

This is a great question. As many people here will give just as many different answers. For me, it still is important, but for different reasons than when I was younger. Kids, career, etc, are at a point where always being male is important. Down inside, it's a "meh", i'd rather be talking about feminine things. Always have I guess.
    Thankful for crossdressers.com, great people here have helped me realize who I really am on the inside. (formerly michelle1)

Gender-wise, I consider myself 51% male and 49% lesbian. As to my "manhood", if I'm interpreting the question, and "skyrocketing" properly, then I seem to be suffering:-) the same odd effect...And also oddly, my wife seems to be really enjoying exploring her lesbian side lately. It's as if she enjoys dressing me up just so that she can try to talk me into hiking up my skirt. I'll stop now, before entering the TMI category.

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

Platinum Member
    Manhood is a facade, just as femininity is a facade. I prefer to be a person. I don't equate arousal with masculinity either.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Manhood is less and less important each year

Banned Read only
    It is no longer terribly important to me, but is still very important to my partner, who does not want me to take steps to physically change that part of me, even though he appreciates the breast implants.

when i dress i like being female ,when im in male mode i like being a man ,i love being female and i love being male i really like both parts of me

I am slowly coming to a point where i don't fight either gender. I am what I am. I am feminine and masculine. I am trying to not quell one or grow the other. Neither can be accomplished as it is what it is.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I am man through and through. I enjoy my dressing as it assists me to relax and de-stress from a very masculine employment. While I would like the "manhood" question more frequent, it now competes with my age.

Quote Originally Posted by natcrys View Post

do you find it important that you are feeling like or being regarded as a True Man™?

Then my answer would be no.. no I am not.
    I do not care if my "manhood" works or not; in fact it does not work. Medication and a lot of PTSD. Yes I like women but do not care to have sex with them. and I am not interest in men, Maybe when I have been on HRT for a long time.

My 'manhood' is just a mask I put on when I go out into the world. In reality I am just me, somewhere in between.
    No closet is big enough!

I am finding the most important thing is for me to be true to myself.

With each day that passes the idea of manhood has less and less meaning. The thought of living life as a woman fulltime is something that I am finding more appealing. Lately having to present as a male is something that I find depressing. Being in male mode and hearing someone call me sir makes me cringe, yet being en femme and being called ma'am makes me feel good.

Back in 2007 when I started cd'ing I thought just dressing en femme around the apartment would satisfy me. Then I thought spending a few nights out in public once every few months would satisfy me, but that is not the case anymore. The way my life is going now is something I would have never expected a few years ago. Transitioning, something a few years I said would never happen, is something I now do not rule out, and am seriously considering.

Quote Originally Posted by SusanMarie View Post
    My 'manhood' is just a mask I put on when I go out into the world. In reality I am just me, somewhere in between.
    I think I fall into this line of thinking too.

I am having a huge conflict with this right now. My masculinity is important to me (at least my Goatee is) I don't like my chin without it. I did just join a Dallas CD meetup group, and would like to go to a meeting dressed. I have never been outside my home dressed other than a women's T-shirt, and I always underdress. I think I will probably end up shaving once just to see how it goes. I also read in a different post about Larger than life plus size resale shop. Thanks for that tip i think it was brown eyed girl. I have also never shopped alone and the lady at the shop was very friendly. (i digress about that in respect for the forum rules)

What manhood is truly left when so many allow themselves to be beaten down with guilt and shame and are living with hidden lies in their relationships because of a dress? Manhood is more than just a set of behaviors, it is a whole personality and code of conduct.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

If by manhood you mean masculinity, I have never had much of it and it has never been very important to me. What is important to me is to be me and I have been making good progress with that as of late.

Absolutely! I love both my masculinity and femininity. Interestingly enough since fully embracing Renee I've been a lot calmer and somewhat less edgy in guy mode. Both are me. I like being a guy in the world - particularly in business and the outdoors / doing projects. Like Amanda and Katey I like being "all guy" at certain times and when I'm feeling feminine jumping all in .

I tend to equate manhood with brute-hood. I think more in terms of humanhood, sisterhood and angelhood.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

I then ask myself what is manhood. I have none left
    I may not be a super model, but it feels so good.

When I dress as a male I think about dressing as a female.
    When I dress as a feminine I feel female.

??? Not sure what that means?

Good question I am a CD indoors and outdoors but my manhood is still very important to me because my wife needs your man
    while having romantic interludes. But I feel that my womanhood is skyrocketing as I , Kara spreads her wings.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

If it wasn't somewhat, I would no doubt just go and transition.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Yes im more like 70percent more on women so manhood is still impt to me xoxo

I am doing my best to rid myself of every trait I thought was required to be a man. My "manhood" was like a shadow cast over my humanity that strangled my sensitivity, compassion, openness and ability to love. I recognize for most men, including most men here, there is no real issue with their masculinity. For me masculinity was a set of characteristics that were entirely destabilizing, self destructive and depressing. These traits, which included those of aggressiveness, judgementalism, authoritarianism, a delusion of self sufficiency, lack of empathy, and competitiveness made me unhappy. I am much happier now that my masculinity has so much less power in my life.

Reality Check
    At my age, my "manhood" is pretty much just a memory.