Thread: How would you choose to be remembered?

How would you choose to be remembered?

How would you choose to be remembered?

Heidi said the COGIATI test is a baseline test given by a psychiatrist to see how you [an MtF CD or TS?] might be oriented (see: http://transsexual.org/cogiati_english.html)

Here's the second from last question on that test.
    64. You are about to die. In your last moments, you are presented with a choice. You can be buried and remembered as a man, or buried and remembered as a woman. Which do you choose?
    - Whatever. Doesn't really matter to me.
    - I would probably wish to be remembered as a woman.
    - My family and friends might be bothered by that. Better not change things.
    - I want to be remembered accurately. It really doesn't matter at that point anyway.
    - If I have to die, I would absolutely prefer to be remembered as a woman.

Answers from everyone are welcome. Would you choose one of those answers or add your own?

I'd choose none of the above. Instead, I'd prefer to be, and be remembered as, a feminine angel of mercy. I don't want to identify with my crude physical body, which is only a vehicle.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Remembered as a man because I am a man...

If I ever come out I'll probably just be remembered as one that had a slight kink... because that's how the Muggles think...

It'd be great if people were to accept us so that by the time I do pop my clogs, folk would just think: regular guy, CDed a bit... and then all the other things that they think about any regular husband, father, brother, colleague, friend...

But if I could, I'd come back and haunt the haters... and yes, in the most inappropriately feminine attire I could think of...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Looking at some of the answers I've given in other threads.. I might look like I'm repeating myself.

But I would add: I want to be remembered as a person with all the nice memories I hope people will have of me.

I'm sure psychologists can draw their conclusions from me saying: does it really matter whether it says man or woman???
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

The thing about tests like this is that the obvious answers aren't always the best answers. It seems obvious that a trans* person would answer, "I would wish to be remembered as a woman," but this may actually reveal that the person taking the test is not actually trans* - the focus being on the word "wish." I remember one such test I took where there was a 'Yes or No' statement, "I would like the work of a librarian." To this day, I wonder if saying "Yes" revealed I liked a "feminine" profession or if saying "No" revealed I just didn't like boring and mundane tasks.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

regretably my wife passed a few years ago . so there is no need to anser this ,
    it was only my darling wife of 39 years, that i gave a danm of what anyone thouth of me

Remembered as a man. I'm hoping it's remembered as a good man--one who worked hard and cared about others.

Jodi

Remembered as man with a good warm heart, who loved and cared about his family above all else.

If they want to that I had a quirky taste in clothes or anything else that is fine. I am a man - and above all else I do not try to be anything else. Just because I wear women's clothes doesn't change that material fact.

I would prefer to be remembered fondly, but I don't really care if it is as male or female.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Be remembered by the things I accomplished as a person, gender spin notwithstanding.
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 09-01-2014 at 07:39 PM.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    I would want to be remembered as a man but the choice is really up to those who are left behind and the lifetime of memories I made with them. My friends here will remember me as Seana and most others will remember Sean.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lela, It would be as a man, I wouldn't want to put this burden on my daughters.

I told my wife once that I wanted to be laid out in my black sequin dress and she said, "OVER MY DEAD BODY" !
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gone to live my life
    I am being cremated and they can scatter my ashes to the four winds and remember me as a person who tried to be decent, kind, strong, selfless and happy . . .and hopefully the wind doesn't blow me back in their faces or they might remember me entirely different

Hugs

Isha

The Mad Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Lela, It would be as a man, I wouldn't want to put this burden on my daughters.

I told my wife once that I wanted to be laid out in my black sequin dress and she said, "OVER MY DEAD BODY" !
    So, I'd tell her you go ahead and die first, then I'll share the casket with you....in the black sequin dress..

Answering the question.......definitely the woman I am in a male body.

...You can be buried and remembered as a man, or buried and remembered as a woman. Which do you choose?
    As I present myself as a husband and male to those of who know my gender self, and who would probably come to my awake,
    I would really like to be fully garbed, from head to toe, in full foundations and feminine couture as Candy Kowal.
    Whether I do or do not "come out" in my lifetime, I would like to be presented as female.
    I would like everyone to see what I have been concealing, and allow them to think about the societal prejudices I have dealt with through my male life.
    I am sure most would have no idea so I would plan to invest some time to open up my blogs, pictures, and display items from my boudoir in a presentation in the lobby, to prepare them for what they are about to experience.
    Some would *gasp*, some would blame my mother, some would understand, and few would rejoice.
    But I think all would walk away with a different perspective on society and life, and most would laugh it off at a guy who lost his marbles.
    In the end, it doesn't matter what others think about me....and it just might allow the Angels in charge of reincarnation, to allow me a second chance in a feminine form!
    Last edited by candykowal; 09-01-2014 at 09:01 PM.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

nearly all of these tests are flawed, because it's usually quite apparent what answer to give in order to get the end result that you want. I won't be alive, so I don't care how people will remember me after I'm dead.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    Ha...within 2 months after I'm gone, nobody will ever think
    of my ass again.

I do want to be crispified with a nice casual dress on. Oh hell No
    on any old mans suit! Who wants to wander around any afterlife
    looking like they themselves just came from a funeral! lol

(flats for me...if i'm gonna be dead, i want to be comfortable!)