Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So's 12 yr old son seen me dressed

I see it as awkward, yes, but I also see it as a teaching moment.

"So, does me wearing pink make me a girl any more than you wearing Tapout clothes make you an MMA fighter?"

".. um no"

"But you LIKE thinking of yourself that way, right?"

".. yes"

"Great! Are you hungry? What do you want?"

(Just a suggestion)

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Careful I bite <3
    To temper some of the advice, calling the kid a liar won't help. The mother might take offense to that when she knows it's flat out true.

You can divert it by suggesting it was curiosity. A bet, "walk a mile in her shoes", etc etc etc to at least divert the issue. Your overall look wasn't specifically an "he does it too good for him to just be trying it out", so you can definitively get away with some diversion.

As for my advice, if your SO is relatively supportive, I think since it's her family you need to have a long discussion of your options together. A lot of this is relating to her family, and if you don't want to react teh same we we all felt when you said "IAM ME!!I WILL CONTINUE TO BE ME IN MY OWN HOME IN WHICH I PAY FOR!!.", then you will accept that this is more about her and her family than it is about you. You are the trigger, but so far it is affecting ALL of her immediate family very quickly, and it's not even her own personal habits that are at the core of the issue.