Thread: Marking the start of transition...

Marking the start of transition...

So this month will be the start of my journey to womanhood. The road map has been carefully laid out, thought out, and well planned as best as any transgender woman could ask for... so what better way to embark with a new tattoo! I'll be posting the pics of mine tomorrow if possible but this got me to wondering.... who else has marked the start of their transition and how?
    Last edited by franchesca; 09-01-2014 at 02:04 AM.
    ♥franchesca #transgender

Actually I got a tattoo on my foot lol

I have one with my sons name on my foot and that hurt... bad. The one im getting tomorrow is in the bikini line and very feminine. Its a cover up of a mistake when I was using and I expect it to be 1000x the pain but also very symbolic of the pain of whats to come of transition

"TO THYNE SELF BE TRUE" is what my mind keeps telling me and I know transition will be painful in every aspect of my life... but in the end not following through with it is beyond any pain I could ever live with.
    Last edited by franchesca; 09-01-2014 at 02:03 AM. Reason: clarification
    ♥franchesca #transgender

Thing is i cannot pinpoint the start of my transition. When was it? I dunno it kinda just happened.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Good luck and enjoy the new you! I am going to start my transition very soon, I have my first MD appt for hormones tomorrow. Like you I will endure almost any pain to release what has been denied and suppressed for all my life. I feel like a flower ready to burst into bloom.

My opinion is that the very first time you went to a counselor to start HRT was the beginning. Everything prior to that was warm up. The process of getting "the letter" requires intent, commitment, and money too. Everything after that is just part of the transition itself. If you intend to get a tattoo, that is part of a celebration.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

I first talked to my doctor last August, to get the ball rolling. Last September, I saw the professionals, psych and endo. They both agreed that I was old enough to get started right away, and began hrt that month. So... did I miss my anniversary last month, or do I celebrate this month?

Honestly, it doesn't matter much to me. What matters most is that I'm doing it...

Hugs,

Leah
    Last edited by Leah Lynn; 09-01-2014 at 11:18 AM.
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

I consider the start of my transition to be the day I started taking hormones. I celebrate that day to be my birthday now. When I reached the one year mark a few weeks back, I had a little party to make the beginning of my transition. Tattoos are cool too.

The day I was prescribed hormones is my re-birthday. The girls in my support group brought cake.

I didn't get my latest tattoo to mark the beginning of my transition but my transition did allow me to get my tramp stamp.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Love love love it Rachel!!! Still trying to figure out how to upload the pic of mine....
    ♥franchesca #transgender

Mine is the second I swallowed the estrace, that marked the time I began to correct a great wrong
    I'm not sure I'd mark it with a tattoo though, I'd need an idea that I'd want to keep on me forever plus an artist who can pull it off.

I'd like to get one to cover up some bad skin though, I'm really self conscious about it and I think it would help.

2014-09-02 22.39.00.jpg

omg it hurts lol but I love it!
    ♥franchesca #transgender

Odd Isn't it, I cam along your post and thought about it for a while, then I found this on a Facebook site and thought how cool this would look as a Tat! I would get some eyes and possibly lips added and would have it on my upper thigh. Thoughts?

Possible small tattoo .jpg

I have considered getting the starship Enterprise on my butt

where no man has gone before
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Awesome pattern Van!!

@Angela rotflmbo almost made me pee my panties!!!!!
    ♥franchesca #transgender

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Campbell View Post
    I have considered getting the starship Enterprise on my butt

where no man has gone before
    The ship going in or leaving?
    :P

I want to get a text tattoo that says "I want to get a tattoo that is just text saying I don't care just put whatever."

I have also been intrigued by something really quite girly, tatt.jpg

Mmmmhhhmmm thank you van.... ill be in the chair later this week getting a garter belt done now! ♥♡♥
    ♥franchesca #transgender