Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why did we start?

I went to Catholic school and in fifth or sixth grade the nun caught a couple of us boys picking on a couple girls. She said we would be punished the next day. Next morning she took us boys to an empty room and made us put on skirt and blouse and wear them all day, I was hooked.

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar

Smile

Gorowing up I had two sisters and we were all a year apart, so we didn't have much of an age difference.
    When I was about 11 or 12, they started gymnastics. I loved watching the girls in thier leotards. One day when I was home alone, I took one of my sisters leotards and put it on. I loved the feel of it, and would always wear it under my clothes, or to bed.
    I kept getting caught because my sister or mother would come in my room for something, and there I was in a leotard. I'd get yelled at and have to give it back, but soon after, I'd find another one and repeat the whole deal.
    I gave up doing that a yer later, and didn't ever try on another girls item again. Until last year when I remembered the feel of the leotard and that was 30 years ago. But I bought one anyway, and instantly loved it and bought more. I also found a love of cheerleading items (hence my avatar) and mini skirts, tights and panties, and... and ... and.......

Hi Jackie That's the toughest question of all!! So "Why" has become translated to "how".

And only Alan has answered the question.

Too tough for me, though. I know I was suddenly taken over by a mysterious force. I'll never know why my Mothers stockings suddenly had to be slid onto my skinny ten year old legs, (not a pretty sight!). Nor will I ever know why it was terminal. Past caring why. lol

Hugs Ellaine.
    Nothing human can be alien to me.

Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.
    -William Blake

"Anyone who knows how to run a household, knows how to run the world."
    -- Xilonem Garcia, a Meshika elder in Mexico

Curiosity, at first, I think. I know for sure the need to dress female had been with me since I was very, very young. But it wasn't until I was 11 that one day I had an overwhelming urge to try on one of mom's Playtex rubber open bottom girdles. Once I figured out how to get it on properly, I was completely hooked. But something was missing --- a pair of stockings to wear with it. So I found a pair of stockings, put them on & hooked them up to the garters on my girdle. Now I felt even more feminine.....

And more curiosity led me into slips, bras, dresses, heels, etc........ that plus feeling more comfortable dressed en femme kept me going......

It depends on what you call crossdressing in part at least. when I about 4 there was a box of high heeled shoes in my closet (I think my mother's sister had given them to her) and I remember wearing them and enjoying it.

Then, my mother's dresser had powder, Jergens Lotion, earrings (screw down type), a few costume jewelry necklaces, and I would sometimes try those.

Then, about 8, a friend from a block away and I dressed in his mother's dresses and stood out on the front porch of his house en femme.

Then, about 13, a neighbor moved out of an apartment near us and stored her clothes in our basement - it was late 50's and there were skirts, blouses, etc. - I would wear some of my mothers bras and those clothes.

It's been downhill from then.

Why? I strongly identified with my mother - I was said to look like her - but I tended to engage in other gender-specific activities available in the 50's - embroidery, house cleaning, washing, ironing, sewing, baking, cooking - why did I do those things? I can't say - I just did them - it's only gradually that I was able to draw the conclusion that my gender identification was feminine....

It all started with my neighbor's dr scholl sandals. She wore them all the time with tan hose. I was 14 and we lived in an apartment building and she would leave her sandals outside the doorstep. I tried them several times and I decided I had to have a pair. I saved my money and bought a pair at the local drugstore and wore them in secret with my sister's pantyhose, Then I don't really remember what happend but after my first girlfriend I stopped. Then I got out of college, got the urge so I went out bought a pair of black scholl sandals , tights, knee highs and and demin skirt and went to my first TV bar. I haven't look back since...I love la Perla lingerie, it's a great treat.

The why I believe is because I had a cousin dress me pretty regularly while she babysat her sister and myself, that was from ages 7 to 9.

I started dressing myself around 16, and thou I don't dress often, I do go all out, with the exception of breast forms, which I'm considering now.

I remember a dress of my sister's that had a smell was so sweet. I was only about 4, but I used to put it on, or just sit and hold it. Later, when I was about 13, I found a bag of her old nylons, and I was in heaven, and hooked since. As far as telling your wife, I was succesful in hiding it fir about 3 years. At that time we were working opposite shifts. One afternoon, I left some things out in the open, she found them when she got home from work. She confronted me, she thought I was cheating on her. She was actually relieved when I confided in her

I tried on my Mum's panties when i was around 13 years old. There was no turning back after that experience.

Sara xxx

Like MelindaC, I became so fascinated by my mother's hook-side open-bottom girdle when I was about 10 or 12, that I felt compelled to experience what it was like to wear it. It was so tight on me, and the pressure on my stomach and my penis felt really great. At the time, I didn't know why it felt so exciting when my penis hit the floor as I did press-ups in it on, until I had my first (accidental) orgasm into it. Boy did I panic that I couldn't clean it and dry it before she returned! When you have an experience like that, what do you do? Repeat it of course, but with more care, and 50 years later, I'm still doing it!

Also like Melinda, I progressed to stockings, bra stuffed with socks, slip and dresses (shoes didn't fit) whenever I got the chance.

Tony

I've aways known that I was different. I dabbled into trying my mothers dresses and shoes on when I was 8 or 9 years old. I'm 57 years old now, so back then, being interested in girl things was taboo. I remember being jealous of the girls I went to high school with, I always had the urge to be one of them. The urge to dress was always there, but I didn't really start to explore it until I was well into my marraige. I had an aunt who knew of my desire to dress that helped me a lot. I would spend Saturdays with her learning about fashion, makeup and hairstyling. She was much older than I, and she was a very refined lady. When I came out to my wife, she couldn't believe the knowledge I had on women's fashion and makeup. She supported me and thanked my aunt for helping me be myself.

Though there may have been some kind of curiosity element prior to this, I started because of an "ugly" contest in Junior High School, the 7th grade, during homecoming. I had had the idea that if I were to put on a pair of pantyhose, and cut flaps in it that hung down, it would look like flaps of skin coming off of my legs. You see, I really didn't know how any of this worked at that time. My mother told me that that really wasn't going to work that way, but since I was in my early teens, I knew everything, so I insisted.

Well, it didn't work that way, and I had to bag the idea. But the feeling of wearing hosiery was absolutely electric! And things progressed from there. Oh, and I came in second in the "ugly" contest. Some other kid put tape and axle grease over one of his eyes, and looked absolutely hideous.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Banned Read only
    I think I was in 4th grade when I noticed one or two of the girls were begining to wear a bra regularly. I remember thinking I should be wearing one too. Soon there after I was home alone and tried on my mothers bra and panties, took one look in the mirror, everything just felt so right and the rest as they say is history...

I think I started because I always had that core feminine gender identity. My very first memory of wanting to dress prettily was when I was very young, certainly under 5, probably more like 3 or 4 (if we can remember that young?), anyway, my mother had bought the prettiest pair of frilly blue panties for a friend's little girl's birthday, I guess, and for some reason showed them to me. I asked her if I could have them, and she told me, "No, these are for little girls, and you are a boy." And I remember saying that "Well, maybe someday I'll grow up to be a girl, too." I swear to God that is a true memory.

To make matters worse, I had literally no male role models in my formative years (my dad was traveling the world at that time, working on big construction projects), and my mother and I lived with her sister, and her 3 daughters, all older than me. I was immersed in feminity, but though I begged them to dress me as a girl, they only did once or twice, and then laughed at me, not what I wanted at all! I soon learned to hide my desires, and to think of myself as "bad" for wanting to dress and be a girl, and it has taken years and years to become fairly accepting of myself, and to live as a woman 24/7. There are still times when I look in the mirror and hate myself for being the way I am, but thankfully those feelings don't come too often, anymore.

As I sit here typing this, my heart goes out to all little boys who want to be little girls.

mom's clothes

I think because my mother was such a huge influence in my formative years -- my father had split when I was about 5 -- I sort of idolized her growing up and wanted to be like her. I actually also remember being in kindergarten and really noticing the dresses that girls got to wear, and feeling sort of jealous. When I was 7 or 8 I started getting into my mother's clothes, starting with her outer clothes (dresses, skirts, blouses) and things snowballed from there. By the time I was 11, I was dressing in pantyhose, lingerie and her outer clothes -- she worked for a financial planner so she had all kinds of really nice dresses and skirt suits (it was the early '80s by the), so I liked to dress up just like her and pretend I was going to work too! I did this behind her back (I was a latchkey kid from fourth grade on), until she found me out when I was in seventh grade. Then she got me my own girls clothes so I would stay out of hers (and they were more appropriate for a teen girl)!
    "Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes..."

Ah-May-Lee
    For me, it was sexual but in a different way.

I was having sex with guys, mostly older guys when I was in my teens. No, these guys didn't force dress me. But they did have a way of treating me like a girl. I have seen how guys treat and talk to girls and these guys would talk to me in the same way, sort of like some people here on the forum say that others mistake them for women when in drab. It was quite a few guys who treated me in this way, I was very confused, sexually,, and gender wise. These guys played with my inner emotions, in some way I was uncomfortable with who I was.

These guys saw a girl, so I became this girl that they saw. I first became a girl on the inside of me and then changed my outward appearance to look like a girl. I was no longer confused, well I still have questions, but I have been happy ever since I became a girl.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

All of you seem to have know at such a young age. i was in my early 20's when i started putting on my wifes clothes and i use to sneak her make-up to. I'm divorce now and she still doesn't know that i dress. i just wish i would have accepted myself when i was still in my 20's . I'm 41 now and regret the years i have lost trying to deny who i really was.

Live life to the fullest, for it could all end tomorrow.

be well all
    marie

For me it started at age 10 with was my older sister's ballet tights, leotards, and pink leather ballet slippers and pointe shoes. I would sneak stuff out of her room during the day and then at night, when I was alone in my bedroom I would excitedly dress in my girl things. It felt so wonderful and relieving to be able to dress as a girl. My dressing experiences soon expanded to include her panties, bras, and nighties. I would dress and then fall asleep with them on. Finally after about 2-3 years I was trying on her dresses and shoes (strappy sandals) and completely dressing as the girl I knew I was.

For me it started when I was 10 or 11. My parents were going through their divorce and my mom was staying with her parents. My brothers and I would spend a night in her bed, seeing as though my dad always slept on the couch. Then curiousity got the better of me and I started trying on some of her things. And it cascaded from there. Once she moved back in, I would sneak in and borrow her clothes, I didn't really focus on anything in particular. And take them back to my room to wear throughout the night. I always felt more comfortable sleeping in her night gowns and slips then in my own pjs. Wearing her clothes just made me feel more like myself, or at least who I was suppose to be.

I started at age 5. I was "drawn" to my sisters pink panties. The color was wonderful and the material was soft and silky. One day sis and my cousins were playing dress-up. I was watching them strip down t their panties as they changed outfits. They invited me to play with them. I jumped on the opportunity. Went and put on sis's pink panties and then came to where they were playing an put on a red dress and high heels. I don't think they expected that and went and told my mom and aunt. I got into trouble over what I had done.

However, I never forgot the excitement of the panties and it continued from there. Today, I often dress. My wife is supportive and realizes my need to do this.

Victoria

my first experience i remember was at maybe age 3 or 4 i started wearing my moms makeup and wearing her pantyhose and shoes. then in middle school i went to a catholic school and they had a room were they kept uniforms in one day i got the bright idea to tell them that i needed to buy a boys uniform so the lady told me to go down to the room and find clothes in my size. but when i got in there i tried on the jumpers and then the skirts and blouses untill i found one that fit me and took it home with me. if the lady at the school knew anything she never said. My first trip out in public was on halloween (the best holiday!) when i was in high school I looked so much like a girl that everywhere i went i was referred to as ma'am misses untill i opened my mouth and started to talk and then it was almost comical to watch the peoples faces and reactions. i havent been out in public recently though because i no longer have a wig and i dont have much money
    but my natural hair is almost shoulder length so maybe i will go out some more soon

My first memory of dressing is standing in my cot so I could see myself in a bedroom mirror. I had found a plastic sheet underneath me and wore it as a sort of cloak, with another sheet as an improvised skirt. Not sure how old I was.

I was 6 or 7 when I first tried on my mothers slip. I was caught by a babysitter, who didn't really mind. It was only a few years later that I would be dressing completely.

i stated when home alone and thought i would try for some reason unkown to me and i dont regret it. then i couldnt stop doing it i started sleeping cd and being cd when no1 was around

Silver Member
    started when I was 11 in moms lingerie because I loved the feel and the look.