Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A night out with my wife in San Francisco

Platinum Member
    It's only a lost opportunity if you feel that way. Its not like there won't be another opportunity just around the corner.

I don't suppose very many of us have a wife who 'needs' a CDing spouse.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    wife needs a husband far more often than she needs a cross dressed one. Balance.

So, what do you think? Is this balance or a lost opportunity?
    Balance.

Think about this. For her, she's on a mini vacation. While being in that city presented a great opportunity for some dressing fun, giving her a "vacation" from your inner and outer self is a nice thing to do. My Wife asked that I don't dress while on vacation. I think it's only fair since she is sweet enough to let me dress when ever I want while we're home - trade off or balance if you will.

Liz

Silver Member
    Its a good balance. I think she is pretty lucky to have you

I'll sing along with the choir and say you did the right thing. Pretty soon we'll be there as well, I think. It's strange after all the years of denying Jenny (by both of us), when she was allowed in, obviously she wanted as much time as she could get. And I'll be honest in saying that maybe we've not reached that tipping point just yet. (Yes Jennifer, I suppose I'm still trying to make up for lost time, but I heard you). I can see a time that my wife will say: Let's go do this or try that (trying to be accommodating to Jenny) and I'll be comfortable in saying yes (boy me) will be happy to do it with you. I can only imagine the surprise on her face (not so much maybe after she reads this post) and I'll be happy to not do it dressed. Somehow this works both ways and it reverts back to denying our impulses I suppose: if something is denied existence it only seems to grow stronger, but when it is given it's rightful place it does not seem to be that all-encompassing any more. And I tried to stay away from using that word: balance, but I suppose that is what it is.
    Last edited by Jenny Elwood; 09-04-2014 at 04:09 AM.

Good call. I don't dress much currently and live in SF, so I can attest to the fact that there is so much The City has to offer by way of architecture, scenery (the way the light hits the old buildings is heavenly, along with the stunning vistas), etc., etc.! However, should you return, an evening en femme will be a wonderful experience.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post

I don't suppose very many of us have a wife who 'needs' a CDing spouse.
    Nope. We usually have a spouse who 'needs' crossdressing. A reality I could happily live without, but it is what it is.

Jennifer, you helped me to see it like this and this thread shows me again that if more men who crossdressed behaved as you do, there would be less need for wives support groups!!

Jennifer,

It is definitely NOT a lost opportunity! You are quite right -- in our various posts, we stress being out and about, sometimes with our wives / SO's, but we don't say often enough how much we have to be husbands / SO equivalents. Our marriages / relationships are (or should be) more than our (sometimes selfish?) CD'ing time. While Sue and I do have our Girls' Nights Out, these times are certainly in the minority compared to "real dates".

I'm really glad that you started this thread -- we need to keep balance in perspective!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell-GG View Post
    Jennifer, you helped me to see it like this and this thread shows me again that if more men who crossdressed behaved as you do, there would be less need for wives support groups!!
    Tink, I would like to think that there are more of us in this category than you might think. I may CD a lot, but I try to remember that I am a husband first and need to think about Sue's needs and wants.
    Last edited by Katey888; 09-11-2014 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Jennifer please let us know if the CD police come to take away your Crossdressing permit for this violation. But until that happens, continue to do what is best for both yourself and your wonderful spouse.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Elwood View Post
    .... It's strange after all the years of denying Jenny, when she was allowed in, obviously she wanted as much time as she could get. ...
    I get you Jenny. Really. I know the feeling and Lidea knows it too. So saying "no" means all that much more to her.

Good for you. The focus was on your partner and balance is critical in any relationship..... there is plenty of opportunities ahead of you in a healthy marriage.

Joanna

Ms. Jennifer,

What a lovely romantic evening for you and your wife. Yes, indeed, romantic love is grand. Good for you two!

Hope I can find it again soon because it has been a heck of a long time for me. LOL.

Most definitely balance Jen. And thanks for raising that perspective, I very much agree and I can certainly lose it if I spend too much time focussing on Christen and CD.com for that matter.

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Balance is vital in my house to long term happiness....you are a wise wo.....man!!

Definitely balance..
    There is a time and place for everything, and for me, life is good in both modes. You most certainly chose wisely !