Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do we care what our neighbors think?

My wife cares but I do not. I go out on my patio in the mornings and have my coffee while wearing my femme robe, padded bra and full slip. If they don't like it, they should not look over.

Quote Originally Posted by MsVal View Post
    I don't care about what others think.
    My wife cares about what others think
    I care about what my dear wife thinks.
    You've captured my feelings EXACTLY. I don't care what the neighbors see, or what they think, hear or say about me. I care about my loving fiancee, who, while she understands that this is a part of the overall package she's marrying, has been conditioned since her youth to see crossdressing as abhorrent or "weird" behavior. If the neighbors mention it to her, she'll be humiliated. Hence, I have to be discreet in the neighborhood.

My whole family knows about Darrah, so I don't worry about them. Outside my small community, I'm impervious to what other people think. In fact, I'm planning on going out in broad daylight ("dude in a skirt mode") this weekend in a nearby town. Should be fun!

Now, if my beloved ever adopts my attitude, Katie bar the door...Darrah's a-comin' on out.
    It's spelled Marika, but it's pronounced Janey!
    Appreciate the beauty in the current moment, because the past is gone and tomorrow never comes.
    Janey's Amost Secret Crossdressing Blog: http://marikajaye.blogspot.com

I live in a very densely populated condo building where I have to see my neighbors a lot and be stuck in the elevators with them, and a lot of them tend to be gossipy, so I'd prefer not have to deal with them knowing. It would be easier if I lived in detached home and never had to interact with them.

The next door neighbors are our best friends, so, to an extent, I do care. I won't let them see me fully dressed. Partially, mixed, or androgynous, sure. Everyone has seen me in short shorts, flats, skinny jeans... etc, just not the whole package. I went to a concert with my neighbor last night 100% dressed, makeup, but in an androgynous presentation. No big deal, and he helped mow my yard this afternoon. Couldn't have been that traumatic. So, I guess the moral of the story is: if your neighbors care, they're not worth your time.

Quote Originally Posted by MsVal View Post
    I don't care about what others think.
    My wife cares about what others think
    I care about what my dear wife thinks.

(I've been the source of her discomfort too many times already, and have a strong desire not to do it again.)
    This pretty much sums it up for me. Our neighbors have seen me many times in various forms of female attire and makeup, including my completely female running attire. I don't care what they think, this is me...
    Lori

I care quite a lot because I live in a small city where you are bound to see the same face somewhere around the time. Now during the extreme winters here probably not so much because everyone stays inside. I have yet to go out in public as Stacy.....I think about it quite often though. Who knows maybe soon I'll be able to if I really make myself not noticeable as my male self.

I only worry about the ones that pay my mortgage and bills..........wait......none of them pay anything to support me. I decided a long time ago that I should not worry about what others think other than for them to know that I will do anything I can to help if they need something. I spend a lot of my time at home in female attire and a wig but don't usually put on full make up unless I'm going shopping or to run errands. I've had neighbors come over to borrow some moisturizer or tools or to ask if I will take care of their pets when they go out of town or ask if I will get the football that landed in my backyard or to let me know that they're watching the game and invite me over. It just doesn't seem right to ignore them by not answering the door and I won't rush into my room to change before they see me. I hate to pay for electricity so I leave my doors open (with screen doors) to let the fresh air in whenever I can so I'm exposed quite a lot. One 14 year old girl that lives a couple of houses down was going to a an event and couldn't find anything in her closet that she wanted to wear so she came over to see if she could borrow one of my blouses.

Not everyone can be normal while not being "normal" but I've found a great amount of acceptance from all of my friends and neighbors.

I'm pretty lucky to have exceptional neighbors. Not only do we watch out for one another, but I've made friends with some of them. If you have that these days, you're very lucky. It's one of the main reasons why I'm staying in a home that's several sizes too big for me.

That being said, I do have a pretty private backyard. I go swimming en femme all the time. No one notices or looks in my yard. If they have, they don't say anything. I also have a garage, so getting out is not hard. I've come to learn that nobody really notices anyway.

Of course it's going to be interesting this year at Halloween, since Cassandra is going to be passing out treats to the kids. I just can't wait to see their reaction.
    man, i feel like a woman

Silver Member
    Well every neighbor or landlady that I've had from my teens to today have known. Didn't tell any, but was caught/seen by them. Only a couple of negative things ever happened. One landlady asked me to move but the next helped me dress and treated me as her daughter with motherly advice about outfits etc. Most of my current neighbors know and have seen me in obvious fem clothes if not a dress or nightgown. More than one has been talking to me while our robe and nightgowns were blowing in the wind.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My neighbors know so its not a problem.

I am not worried if the neighbors get a peak while I'm going about my life. I don't think we will ever sit and have tea, but that's ok.
    We are relatively close being in a development, and I believe I am respected as a good neighbor. That being said, I am discreet with my
    activities, dress to "BLEND" at all times unless out to a special T event. So, those that know about Joann choose to say nothing, we
    respect each others choices and live and let live.
    Joann, a Jersey Shore Gal.
    "Be True to Yourself"

Having people close to my patch know is un nerving although anonymity from a distance does not faze me at all.
    When on holidays as a girl, I have little worry.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I don't wear a wig or make-up but I wear womens jeans sneakers top and or sweathirt since fall is here. I could care less right now.
    I fid myself getting more and more brave shopping even though while in drab

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    No, I don't really care. But I suppose within that is a small token of caring. I don't care if they see me fully dressed, with wig & makeup and such but the other day I was a bit weirded out when one of my neighbors was working in his yard and I had taken off my wig but I still was fully dressed otherwise and was also in my yard. I continued to do my thing, without much mind to him, but I was acutely aware of his presence.

I sit outside dressed in full view of the neighbors every day. When they notice me, I wave. No, I don't particularly care what they think.

It depends. I think I don't give a crap when I'm sitting around the house, dressed up, bored and ready to venture out but when I get to the point where I can go out, I get scared about running into neighbors not that I have a friendship with any of them but I often see in boy mode. Maybe the thrill makes going out more fun. :P