Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiding your Wardrobe

Hiding your Wardrobe

I am curious to hear how other hide their wardrobe. I am a closet CD and there is always talk of how the wardrobe gets purged periodically. So I am curious to see how you hide your wardrobe.

Marti...

We closeted ones are a curious lot... all these clandestine shenanigans - I think some of us actually enjoy the subterfuge a bit...

I have a hanging rail and boxed stuff in my garage - from which my wife and anyone else is banned on account all the power tools and stuff that make it a 'hard hat' area... (when actually it's more high heel... ) It used to all go in a 3 drawer metal filing cabinet but it's errr... outgrown that recently...

My cosmetics and jewellery are all in a neat black and yellow Stanley tool box (lots of trays and compartments), with a combo padlock on should anyone get nosy.

The real trick is making the garage an entirely scary place for anyone else to venture... a kind of 'forbidden zone'...

Simples!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Not truly in a DADT, mostly just a don't show kind of thing. I don't have any kind of real wardrobe, I am allowed to borrow, and a few things that I have sort of taken over, a couple of things where a friend of my wife gave her a few boxes of clothes. When she got done picking out what she wanted, she handed them to me. I picked out a few things. I don't truly hide them, but sort of put them in places where viewing them is not... easy.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Before I was more open with my dressing I used to hide the larger items underneath the bottom drawer of my clothes unit. Other stuff would be at the bottom of drawers covered by male clothes or tucked up in the loft.

Much easier now my wife knows as it hangs normally in my wardrobe and in my drawers with everything else.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I am closeted at home; I store my gear in my office at work.

Hi BT,
    I like this thread, very interesting.
    Very much in the closet here, luckly I live in an old house with a basement type area under the house that has tunnels and hidey holes in there. Everything stored in a big bag in one of the hidey holes. difficult to get to but worth the effort.
    Adelaide

I tell people not to go into my bedroom without permission, and warn them that if they go through my things it's going to get weird. That's worked so far, unless any one has been curious and hasn't told me.

I have several spots...I suppose I can share one.....
    But besides lingerie, high heels wigs, outer wear, and accessories all girls need, you can store your guns, cash, and those rare items that are valuable.
    I have a few of these up in the false ceiling of my attic office but instead of it made of wood, I used HVAC metal duct work.

216172850833273708GmBczv6Cc.jpg

Even if you popped the ceiling tiles, the storage unit looks like it belongs there!

I also have a few false walls that are locked closed using a "key magnet". to store hanging clothes.
    I always have a "Grab-n-Go" bag at the ready with the latest outfit, shoes, purse, cosmetics,wig...everything I need at a moments notice.
    It's a little easier to accept a G2G with another of my girl friends if I know I can be ready at a moments notice.
    Not that I get out as much as I would like, but just knowing everything is together and available takes a lot of stress out of getting ready!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Interesting idea Candy. Thanks for the responses everyone. I used to have a special spot in my garage, but had to purge when the wife decided to clean it out. Now I have that special travel bag that goes with me during some of road trips. It is not always easy of course when you are trying to do laundry or when I come back from a trip. It is a relief to know I am not the only one with a "bat cave" or more to the point "Secret Powder Room"

Right now I live on my own. When I moved I stored my stuff in cardboard boxes marked "no need to unpack". Now most of it is under my bed in those same boxes. If anyone asks about them I just tell them it is extra clutter or extra storage. But I rarely get asked. Plus I have been known to store old stuff anyhow.

when I lived with my now ex I kept my stuff in my gun safe in a large ammo can.. but now that I live alone I have three drawers of my dresser.. have expanded my wardrobe just a little..

This is actually the question that led me to find this site not too long ago. I googled, how to hide my clothes and came upon this site. Perfect.

The solution that I settled on was the home improvement store generic 18 gallon bin with lid. Everything in our basement is housed in these bins. From xmas stuff to easter stuff. Most of it is labeled. My 'stuff' is labeled "old files to sort" just in case the prying eye gets too close. Since the SO rarely drifts away from her computer (that's another long story for another post), and never goes to the basement (that's where the workout stuff is - another long story) my stuff has been safe.

However, with every good storage location comes a time when your other brain wants to be discovered. That's when a little bit leaks out. You leave a nail on the floor the came off when you weren't looking to a long hair from a wig on the floor..... no place is perfect..... only temporary.

Renne......

Platinum Member
    Hi Marti, My things are all hidden in plain sight hanging in three closets my wonderful
    DA/DT wife just doesn't look at them.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

The Mad Scientist
    I have a unique situation that I'm not hiding them from my SO but rather the kids in our blended family.

For the most part I just have my fem stuff in 4-5 drawers and a few dresses hung in a "shared space" in the main closet.

I do not hide them

I had a gurl friend who used a duffle bag aka Drag bag. Until SO found it, ouchhhhhh. I myself keep it in my closet because SO knows and encourage my dressing...
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Folks

I have a home office with a desk that has lockable drawers. My underwear items, wig, tights etc are in there, whilst skirts and blouses are in a cardboard box at the back of a built in cupboard in the same room and used for my filing system and reference material. It all seems to work well and is easily accessible. I am a closeted CDer and its a case of DADT with the SO but she knows where it all is.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

My wife knows about Jill so I just keep them put away in about 7 different locations in the house so our grown daughter don't find out. Most are hidden in plain sight with the exception of 1 locked coat closet.

I have plastic totes in the basement in the "man area." The top parts have hardware (cables, wires, old hard drives, etc). Underneath I keep the softer-wear.

I have a 2nd room,in my condo,which is my den/office,where my computer sits,and it has a deadbolt lock on it&I keep my
    wardrobe in the closet&simply lock the door,when I give my sisters&brothers permission to use my place

Silver Member
    I keep my forms in a old ice hockey duffle bag and the rest in the attic over my garage that has a tiny access panel. My frequently worn Items are in a pick-up truck box that sits in my garage. The latch is broken so if you try to open it you can't unless you know the "secret" jiggle move.
    Interesting how some of our places are typically manly spots???

I'm lucky to have a wonderfully supportive SO, so I keep mine hung up on my side of our walk-in closet, which allows her to raid my side now and then because I have excellent taste:-)

But when I was single and had my own apartment, I still hung them in my closet, men's on one side and women's on the other, and kept my make-up in the cabinet in the bathroom. But I also kept tampons and other exclusively female products on semi-display there. That way, whenever I had visitors, the questions always centered around a mysterious girlfriend who I must be hiding from them:-). I would often take that illusion a step further by having audio language lesson tapes and books from exotic locales laying around. I mean, nothing wrong with dating the girl next door, but why not up the mystery level?

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

I do not have to hide them from my wife just my kids and family so I keep mine hanging in the closet with my wife clothes. my shoes are hidden in a plastic tote in the back of the closet.

I have a suit case with most of my stuff in except for some underwear which is in a cabinet next to my bed. I live alone for 2 weeks a month and the other 2 weeks are with my daughter who is nine, so I have to be a bit careful. I did keep some things in the wardrobe but thought better of it. I will be moving in 6 months or so so I will find a place where I can hang things up properly.

It is something that many of us have to do. Lucy Lou xx

I don't necessarily have the need to hide my feminine clothing & accessories, since I still live at home with an accepting set of parents.
    My room is completely covered in wigs(I'm very bad at storing them neatly & consistently) but my dresses & tights I prefer to keep out of sight,
    buried away in the cupboard or far back in my closet. It's a matter of preference, more so than hiding my CD tendencies.

Might I say, you lovelies are very inventive when it comes to keeping your wardrobe out of sight~ c: