Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HRT and libido?

Yes. Mine has been zero for quite some time

Ah, okay! I thought you were going to go down in the anals of history as having a spiro resistant third leg.

Sounds like you might still need an adjustment with the spiro. Glad I don't have that problem but it seems you found a temporary solution anyways (hitachi).

Just an interesting side note:
    The libido still hasn't dropped, yet tissue shrinkage has begun, boners are a little bit painful now but I still get randoms.

Not complaining (much), it's just an interesting effect.

This is a really tricky question to answer without getting too graphic or too explicit. On the other hand, it's a very legitimate question that requires some very specific information that you can't describe in pretty poetry. Hopefully, no one will be upset.

I found that my libido did drop a bit, but in many ways that was a relief. Male arousal and even orgasms were often filled with frustration and despair. Even a rush of lust would caught in a swirl of "I want her, I want to look like her, I want to BE her", then the despair of "knowing" it wasn't possible. When a partner would try to seduce me like a boy, it was so painful I would have to tell them, often forcefully, to stop. I could please them, but if they treated me like a man, I actually got turned off. I was also very short, under 4" (erect) in my twenties and smaller before and after.

With hormones, I didn't get those rushes of lust, but I could get aroused when I wanted to. Furthermore, as my breasts grew, especially once I had B cups, the wiring changed, and I could get very easily aroused when I or my partner played with my breasts. In addition, I'm even shorter, smaller than my thumb erect, and pretty much flat otherwise, which works out pretty well for me, no tucking required.

Stimulation to orgasm takes longer, and I find that my hitachi "magic wand" helps, but they build slowly, with lots of little orgasms on the way, and eventually some that get incredibly intense, much more like female orgasms. In addition, Lee, my wife, has introduced me to orgasms from breast play only, which is very incredible.

Hormones change your neurology in hundreds of subtle ways, and make your nervous system more feminine. Erections are really soft, not useful for sexual intercourse. If the idea of ED freaks you out, you should think twice about hormones. if you really want that part to keep working, the doctor can give you different options, but they will slow and limit transition. In some clinics it could even be an indicator that you should NOT go on hormones.

You will need to get used to the idea that your erogenous zones will be different, things that weren't that great before feel incredible now (breast play, prostate play, anal, ...) while things that you previously may have liked (intercourse, penile stimulation, ...) will be difficult if not impossible, and possibly even painful. This can actually be helpful in preparing you for vaginoplasty, as well.

It's hard to explain to someone who still has boy parts and testosterone flooding the body what it is like to have your testosterone shut off and have your body at estrogen levels that are normal for a healthy girl - a teenager for the transition period. A normal healthy cis-gender man would think of it as his worst nightmare, and even most cross-dressers would crinng and maybe even freak out entirely at the prospect, but if you are a transsexual, and you can embrace the femininity along with the breasts, you will absolutely love the amazing ways your body changes. In fact, playing and experimenting sexually and exploring your feminine side will help you be more comfortable with your feminine sexuality as it develops.

Too many girls try to shut themselves off sexually, thinking that they have to give up sex to be feminine. Often, this can cause some great distress and suffering that doesn't have to be endured at all.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

I'm not worried about it losing function, in fact I've lost none at all.
    It's just a bit weird how I get slight bonerpains now yet no loss in libido, kinda weird imho.

Nips are numb, no sensation whatsoever.
    From what I've read that mostly comes with progesterone.

I've been on hormones since February of 11. My libido has been all over the map. Just now I it's a medium to medium high. I'm sure my T levels have gone up some because I dropped my E a bit (I was getting migraines). I'm scheduled for SRS in 3 weeks so I'm not going to worry about my T level, I assume it will naturally adjust downward after surgery. In fact my Dr sometimes prescribes T to help jump start ones libido after surgery.

I know this is a little off topic but it's related. I seem to be at my "best" when my T is up a little, like higher than your average female but still well below the range for males. What I mean is I get less depressed, feel less flat emotionally and enjoy and want sex more often. Oh and I get far fewer migraines.

Yeah, I remember reading that GGs need an amount of T to function normally as well but I'm not sure about the specifics.
    I see the endo on the 20th so I can ask him what my levels are, I did the bloodwork for it yesterday so it should be ready by then.

13 months on hrt, and my libido is MIA... It's been missing for more than six months, anyway.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Can I assume you are also on a T blocker? If not, that probably needs to be your next step.
    Marie

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieL View Post
    Too many girls try to shut themselves off sexually, thinking that they have to give up sex to be feminine. Often, this can cause some great distress and suffering that doesn't have to be endured at all.
    I made no conscious effort to shut myself off it just sort of happened. I used to be very sexual but now it is rare that I even think of it and when I do it is just a fleeting thought that lasts maybe 30 seconds. It's like I have no feeling left even a Hatachi has no magic for me . I used to enjoy nipple stimulation a lot now it does nothing for me. I have had some shrinkage since starting hormones but not a lot. I don't really miss the intercourse part but I certainly miss the feeling of an orgasm. GRAPHIC ALERT! I used to enjoy sex with men and women now I just don't have a desire for it with either it has gone from pleasure to work.

At 59 how much of this is due to age I don't know as I have never been this old before
    Last edited by Rachel Smith; 10-06-2014 at 06:59 AM.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by MarieTS View Post
    Can I assume you are also on a T blocker? If not, that probably needs to be your next step.
    Been on it since before I started E.
    When I went up in my dose of spiro it went down for a few weeks but then returned to where it was.

But yeah, the image of bongos at a drum circle comes to mind.

..Shou-should I be moisturizing it to help with skin elasticity to reduce the discomfort?

Excellent advice Debbie: Thanks!

April, mones since only Feb., and srs already? Wow! I also had an intermediate T boost as well, with somewhat similar rwesults.. Good luck with your Op. will keep U in prayers!
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 10-05-2014 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Multiposts will be merged or deleted. THIS time it was "merged"
    Marie