Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HRT and libido?

HRT and libido?

I'm going to be blunt here.
    After 19 weeks it hasn't really changed much and I'm friggin' horny more often than I'd like.

Is that a sign that my T levels may be too high?
    I know that having a libido is a normal, healthy thing and I'm not angry about having one, I'd just like it to tone itself down a little bit.

Silver Member
    Everyone is different. Mine pretty much tanked within weeks with starting dosages. I started with high T levels and they dropped by half, but that did it.
    Lea

Mine went to nothing for a while then has gone way up, but in a different way than ever before
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

It really all depends, trying to gauge hrt results in weeks is too nerve wracking though, the results are best measured in years

I know that's a fact for physical appearance changes but it's so common to read about HRT chopping down someone's libido, I kinda thought it would have happened by now.

My libido went down then up then down. After SRS it came back but very different.....
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

The only problem with my libido is...I can't find it.
    Luckily, I haven't needed it.

I'm in total agreement with Paula. It was strong when I started hrt, but after a year, No libido; No need...

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

My libido never completely went away but has been drastically reduced. A much welcome change from pre hrt levels.

Megan
    I'm outta here...

In all fairness I don't want it to go away since it's a normal and healthy thing to have, I was just curious as to why it hasn't toned down a bit yet.

OMG, I know I should be sensitive to your plight but the way you worded your thread gave me a bad case of the giggles.

There are advantages to having a high libido if GRS is on the horizon because you are more likely to come out of it with the ability to orgasm so there is a silver lining, if that makes you feel any better.

One thing you can try is reducing your dietary fat intake and increasing your fiber but check with your doctor first because it will knock down your T levels and may affect your dosage.

Diet impacts libido and there are a number of natural ways to reduce it.
    The Psychology of Conformity
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARGczzoPASo

Mars brain, Venus brain: John Gray at TEDxBend
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuM7ZS7nodk

Thank you!
    I needed a reason to increase my fibre intake and reduce the fats for other reasons, this is just a side bonus

Interestingly enough I never really had any real orgasms until I started HRT and had the help of Mr. Hitachi.

Gold Member
    The reason your libido hasn't went down is probably more about your younger age than anything. That and all the pr0n websites you may be frequenting.
    If you are wanting your libido to slow down, hang up a bunch of pictures of Hilary Clinton. That will help you lose weight too cause she is icky.

And also, who is Mr Hitachi? Is that someone at the massage shop who offers a happy ending?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Silver Member
    I thought maybe it had something to do with power tools or something ... takes all types.
    Lea

Hillary is hot, I find the ability to raise large segments of the population into a pool of anger very sexy.
    :P

As for the other thing, well... I'll leave that to google XD

I am liking the fibre idea though, anything else?

The problem with googling Hitachi, is they DO make power tools, heavy equipment, cranes, front end loaders, and the like. Your readers may think you're up to something REALLY weird.

Mine changed in about 3 months. It's not completely in the tank. It no longer has a mind of it's own. It is no longer a driving force in my life. It just doesn't matter now, orgasm though is out of the equation.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Paula View Post
    The problem with googling Hitachi, is they DO make power tools, heavy equipment, cranes, front end loaders, and the like.
    No comment...

The best way to describe the feeling is this:

Body: "So.... *nudge* *nudge* you wanna?"
    Brain: IT'S 2 IN THE MORNING FOR GODS SAKE LET ME SLEEP!

Inconvenient is a good word to describe how it is at the moment.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    who is Mr Hitachi? Is that someone at the massage shop who offers a happy ending?
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaP View Post
    I thought maybe it had something to do with power tools or something ... takes all types.
    Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    I'll leave that to google XD
    Quote Originally Posted by I Am Paula View Post
    The problem with googling Hitachi, is they DO make power tools, heavy equipment, cranes, front end loaders, and the like.
    Don't forget that Hitachi also make nuclear power stations now that would be really weird!
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Theoretical sex still has a non-trivial place in my life. The physical side sleeps most of the time, and rarely wakes up for visuals anymore.

Analogy: the physical side is as if I had already had sex several times that day and it feels pretty doubtful that there is anything left, where even a partner doing a strip lap dance seems unlikely to result in a stir. But if someone bothered to work on it for a while, there might be one more short round left... most days not.

The interest is still there only less often. One thing that has not changed is that I still want someone else to initiate. And if I actually had someone there to initiate I would probably want it more often. But since I don't have anyone at the moment I am happy to have less of a libido.

Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    Don't forget that Hitachi also make nuclear power stations now that would be really weird!
    There's a joke in there about inserting control rods into the core but we'll just leave that be...

^^^^^^^^
    That's what's not fair.
    I've literally lost zero in libido and functionality in just under 5 months while others get some relief within weeks.

I'm not sure what's wrong with me but I'm going to ask a serious question here... Are you on any type of T-blocker?

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    My libido went down dramatically as soon as I decided that Yes, I was definitely going to go ahead with HRT. The mechanics still worked at the time, but random arousals and internal feeling of "need" to exercise the mechanics went far down. Even "morning wood" cut way back. This was before even a single dose. The psychological is pretty powerful.

I did go through anti-androgens. Spiro did dampen the mechanics a fair bit. I think cypro did more in that regard. I was not on finesteride long enough to give an opinion on it.

I have been off of anti-androgens for about a year now. The urge sometimes builds up over time, even as moment to moment the mechanics are pretty quiet. My testosterone levels are more or less self regulating even when I skip my estrogen patches for a while.

I can't say if there is still any sperm being produced, or what its motility or viability would be. I can say that there is more than just pre-***, but in much smaller quantities than original.

My speculation is that if I were in a sexual relationship that involved the equipment that my libido would probably increase, and the volume would probably increase as well. With no prospects in sight for... years, maybe... the subsystems are turned down.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    I'm not sure what's wrong with me but I'm going to ask a serious question here... Are you on any type of T-blocker?
    Yep. I'm taking Spiro now and as of my last endo visit in July(?June?) my T had dropped quite a bit.