Thread: Love Stories

Love Stories

I was reading on Reddit under /r/transposative about a beautiful love story between two wonderful transgender girls. One was struggling with rumors, hate mail, and all kinds of negativity. They met, and started talking. Before you knew it, she was packing up and leaving all that hate behind. She moved out to San Fran to be with the other girl. Before you knew it, they were together and now they are engaged to be married! It was such a heartwarming story and they make such a cute couple. You should have read the cute back and forth posts they were making.

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone from this site had experiences similar. It would be awesome to hear some success stories of love and warm fuzzies.
    The longer I walk down this road I call a journey, the more I realize that it's not about passing or not passing. It's about being true to myself and being able to look in the mirror and say to my reflection... "Perfect"

Careful I bite <3
    Can you share the story? I don't have anything that positive.

This is the story. I apologize if the breaks any forum rules. Feel free to remove it if it violates any.

I was only four months on HRT, and I was miserable. My life was becoming a charade that I could not keep up for much longer. On the outside I was the ever unflappable, flamboyant, handsome friend to nearly everyone in my small town. Inside, however, there was a voice crying for release. My transitioning had to that point been a closely guarded secret, but it was quickly becoming too obvious and too painful to keep buried for much longer.

This is what I posted on r/asktransgender one afternoon before I left for work that evening. It is the point from which there was no going back. This post/picture changed my life.

http://imgur.com/sHFn5q7

I honestly didn't think much of it at the time, I was looking for criticism and advise, and even a small amount of comfort knowing that I was not alone in my mire. I did find such comfort from one specific redditor Justsallygirl. We talked about girly things and growing up and stifling our inner selves just to survive. We became internet friends very quickly. During all this I was trying to get out, trying to find the means by which to leave my small southern town that was closing in around me. Slowly my once haughty social appearance and upper crust life style became under such scrutiny that without warrant I was receiving violent and terrifying phone call, emails, and text messages. Even now I do not know who started the rumors, albeit true. In an act of desperation, and after months of applying for jobs anywhere that I could go, I asked Justsallygirl if she knew of anything that would help me get out. As it turned out, she did. After a few skype sessions and a million emails and messages, there was a plane ticket in my inbox. June 1st, I had two weeks to pack up my life and say goodbye to everything I knew. I came out that same day, to everyone:

"There comes a time when one must separate conjecture from fact, hearsay from validity, rumor from actuality. Over the past few months my life has been riddled with assumptions by those whom have no business making them. In order to maintain what little control I have over the situation, I have decided to openly and unabashedly set the record straight. For a select few this comes as no surprise, but yes, I am transgender. What does that mean exactly? For you, the spectator, it means nothing; but for me, it is the uniting of my "self" and my physical form so that the two may better understand the reality they live in and finally exist in peace. Through transitioning I no longer feel like a stranger in my own body and can finally begin to recognize the person in the mirror. The medical aspect of my situation has been going on for a little over four months now, but the mental side has been an issue since I moved back to the US. After a few years of seeing a therapist it was decided that I should begin HRT (look it up) and I began around the new year. Some of you may not agree with my life choice, quite frankly I don't give a damn. This isn't about anyone else's happiness but my own. That isn't to say that I am not open to answering any reasonable questions anyone might have, accept any well wishes from those that care, or accept gifts in the form of clothes and shoes (seriously, send shoes). I will not, however, tolerate bigoted, ignorant badgering or slander or slurs. If I am aware of anything less than amiable being said to/about me, done to me, or to those I care about, I swear on all that is holy that I will come down upon you like the hammer of the gods. This is also a good time to tell you all that I am leaving. Thanks to the immeasurable kindness of a singularly remarkable person, I am moving to San Francisco at the end of the month with no intent of returning. Yes we live in an age where communication is but a finger tip away, but this will be the last time that I see many of you. I have not decided on a proper farewell celebration, but when I do there will be lots of drinking, celebrating, and probably crying. So, if there is anyone that would like to meet up and get one last drink, or dinner, or hug before I go, please let me know. I love you all, Chris.

P.S., Please share this with as many people as you can, not only would I like the word out, a little bit of honesty can sometimes be the thing that helps a person most. If i can help anyone going through something similar I would consider it a great honor."

When the time came, my intent on arriving in California was to terraform, make ready this new place so that my girlfriend could move out with me sometime in the future. I arrived, was greeted warmly and shown to my temporary residence while I sorted this new existence out. I was terrified, but happy to finally be somewhere that would be acceptive of me.

http://imgur.com/T1Sa3MY

At first Justsallygirl was distant, preoccupied with her own struggle and available to me only as a map. This changed very quickly. After two weeks of extreme social interactions, we kissed. I don't know what compelled me to do such a thing, but it felt right, and she kissed me back. Over the next month we spent every day together, traveled to Boston for a friend, went to the transmarch and pride in SF, ate together, slept together. I could see that there was something between us though, a wall she had erected to keep anyone from getting too close, or maybe more to not let herself out and be vulnerable. With warmth and kindness and compassion I slowly chipped it away to reveal a beautiful young woman that I fell in love with and loved me in return. Where most couples have conflict that is external, bills, kids, work, school, cars, insurance; Our struggle was internal, nothing that could be explained to any other third party, but known completely by the other. With things happening so quickly, I had to pull back. I took a hiatus at the beginning of August to go back to my former home and set things right before I could move. It was painful, but necessary. When it was time again for me to leave my once home it was difficult, people who loved me wanted me to stay and were so hurt by final goodbye that I almost couldn't leave them. On my arrival back in CA, justsallygirl was waiting for me with open arms. In my absence she found how deep her love for me ran, and took down her walls, it was just her and I in our beautiful struggle. She wanted to show me all of the beautiful things to be seen across California, so we took a much needed vacation, driving from SF to LA to Vegas to the Sierras. Each night was more incredible than the last, we learned more about each other in a week than in four months prior. When we arrived in Vegas, we had a beautiful suite awaiting us:

http://imgur.com/e3Nz5AS

After an incredible day of gambling, and drinking, and eating, and an all night movie fest curled up on the couch, I got up and walked away. I stood in the doorway for a moment staring at this gorgeous woman I had come to love so deeply and, without hesitation, I proposed to her. And she said yes.

http://imgur.com/V83Cz2O

This is me now http://imgur.com/75EOWCD 7 months of Hrt from http://imgur.com/GgsIkHB

and this is My fiance' and I, the epitome of our relationship summed up in one photo: http://imgur.com/beo7oI5

So thank you reddit, without you I wouldn't be where am now, genuinely happy and with someone I love. And thank you Justsallygirl, I'll thank you properly later...again

TLDR: I'm getting married to someone I meet on r/asktransgender.
    The longer I walk down this road I call a journey, the more I realize that it's not about passing or not passing. It's about being true to myself and being able to look in the mirror and say to my reflection... "Perfect"

Aly. I very happy for you, I hope that all of your dreams come true! Well, maybe it'll be OK if most come true. I'll remember you in my prayers!

Hugs, Bria

This story is not about me. It is a love story that I read about on reddit. This is their story. I was quoting their post. It is a fantastic story about hardship, overcoming, and love. I am very happy for them!

It is an amazing story. And an inspirational transformation. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

The Mad Scientist
    Love it that they are happy and in love.
    That's is what this world is all about.
    Learning how to love ....then you can die.