Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what womens tv shows do you like

"Make-up Channel" on ROKU device. Great tips and clues!

The internet is my TV

Not so much TV shows, but female adolescent youtube channels. I sort of live vicariously through the videos of girls who put up their cheerleading/gymnastic lives in video clips, as well as the ones that focus on hair, make up, fashion, etc.. I tend to identify more with them than stereotypical male teen age behavior.

Edit: I thought about it, and realized that there have been lots of TV shows where I watched because of the female lead character, in some way, identifying with her. So for those who may have missed some of these, and can catch up on them on some of the secondary cable channels or netflix, here they are, and you won't be disappointed:
    Switched at birth
    Ringer
    Scandel
    The Killing
    Make it or Break it
    Castle (Stana Katic is the real star here)
    Lying game
    Hellcats
    Dark Angel
    my so called life
    popular
    Nashville
    Revenge
    Dora the Explorer
    The Closer
    Tru Calling
    Alias
    Battlestar Galactica's Trisha Helfer, Katee Sackhoff and Grace Park
    Veronica Mars
    Chuck, the real star was Sarah
    Zena
    Patty Duke
    Gidget
    Buffy the vampire slayer
    The west wing, C.J. Cregg
    Aeon Flux
    Angel
    Cagney and Lacey
    Life, unexpected
    And a British one, 'Prime Suspect' starring Helen Mirren.

and, of course, Bewitched. (Can YOU twitch?)

If I remember any others, I'll add them as they come up.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 09-03-2014 at 02:03 PM. Reason: additional info
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    None appeal to me. I prefer ESPN and NFL Network. I can't stand any talk show that isn't about sports.

I like action shows with female main charaters I.e. Alias , Nikita , Buffy

None. Way too loud for my taste.

Adriana, you are so right in your observations & likes . Just perfect. Peace, mel

Aspiring Member
    How about "What not to Wear". It's loaded with fashion sense and tips for fashion that work on all types of body shapes. It also provides makeup tips and hair styles.

I'm a little surprised that nobody is watching "Say Yes to the Dress."

Quote Originally Posted by Emi_ View Post
    As a television producer, I generally hate watching television shows of any sort.
    But aren't you part of the problem if you're a television producer yourself?

Anyway, TV is for old people. I have watched (not necessarily liked) a few episodes/seasons of ANTM, but I think I prefer RuPaul's Drag Race.

Quote Originally Posted by audreyinalbany View Post
    I'm a little surprised that nobody is watching "Say Yes to the Dress."
    It's one of my guilty pleasures
    I was about to mention it.

I love Snog Marry Avoid (a UK fashion series) where they give members of the public makeovers and get the reaction from friends and family.
    Beauty and the Geek.
    Dinner Date.

I'm going to stop at that, I could go on.

Does "Say Yes to the Dress" count?
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I think Gossip Girl and Sex And The City qualify

Silver Member
    I loved to be fully dressed - heels, makeup, nails, sexy dress - and watch NFL or MLB games and action movies.

My wife and I watch "say yes to the dress" and its many variants. While my wife does not support my CDing, we do share critiquing the dresses and their fit on the brides to be.
    The various UK programs featuring Gok Wan are also favourites. His "How to look good naked" shows a sensitivity to body conscious women which I admire.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    I am a sucker for the show Hot In Cleveland
    I grew up in Toledo, which is about 90 minutes from Cleveland, so that show has a natural hook for me. Excellent cast and all of the women are very funny. They give Betty White some of the best lines!

I think the tendency is that shows where women predominate deal more with real human issues. Often, it is from a humorous perspective but that can make difficult issues less charged and polarized.

Don't know if they qualify but I love "So You Think You Can Dance" and "Project Runway".
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Zylia View Post
    But aren't you part of the problem if you're a television producer yourself?

Anyway, TV is for old people. I have watched (not necessarily liked) a few episodes/seasons of ANTM, but I think I prefer RuPaul's Drag Race.
    Funny, I think television is for young people. I've lost touch with the shows long ago. Now days when I think of TV shows it has nothing to do with television .

About 20 years ago I would get out of bed around 10am and turn on Phil Donahue, hoping it would be a crossdresser episode.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

At 52the I find myself watching shows like "Pretty Little Liars" must be my mid life crisis!

I don't watch much TV, but I like "Project Runway."

What info do you know about "say yes to the dress"
    Never heard of it before
    I only have open air tv no cable or satellite.

due to the price of cable and satellite
    Marilyn Monroe says "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it".
    and I wish I was born a woman

Good one, I forgot all those.
    We also watch "Say Yes to the Dress", "4 Weddings", "I Found the Gown".

I always wished they had had a "What Not To Wear" crossdresser version, but alas it's off the air now.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I always wished they had had a "What Not To Wear" crossdresser version, but alas it's off the air now.
    there was one episode toward the end where they did a TG person. It was a pretty good episode, I thought. Wish they'd done more of them like that, but then I thought to myself ... I don't know many CDers who'd actually need the help, LOL. Most of us tend to be pretty stylish, from what I see 'round here anyhow :-)

So ... girly tv shows that I like ...
    well, like Zylia, I don't watch a whole lot of TV to start with, just one or two shows that are good enough for me to go out of my way for.
    Downton Abbey is on that list. So very girly and it sucks me right in just like the soap opera it is, LOL.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

I've always liked Sailor Moon and Magic Knight Rayearth those are two for my favorite Shojo (or girl) anime,but for shows from America I love Once upon a time, i like greys anatomy, and i want to watch Witches of East End, and the L word

Loose Woman

Here in the UK there is a show called "Loose Women" which has been running since 2009 where a 4 panelists sit around and talk about this and that and also have guests (Male and Female) where they ask them questions, I watch it when I can

The panellists can change but have included

Kaye Adams
    Ruth Langsford
    Andrea McLean
    Coleen Nolan
    Shobna Gulati
    Jane Moore
    Janet Street-Porter
    Jamelia
    Nadia Sawalha
    Sherrie Hewson
    Linda Robson