Thread: Unique position - Companies Discrimination Policy

Unique position - Companies Discrimination Policy

So,

I found myself in a very unique position today and actually got a little chuckle out of it. As I mentioned a while ago last fall I took a job with a company that was based in the United States that was expanding into Canada. I spent the winter working away from home as a project manger building solar farms. When I completed my project I was offered a promotion to "Director of Ontario Operations" and have been working from home for the past 2 months while we are waiting for new projects to start up.

I have been very busy while at home converting all the US company documents to better align with Canadian Laws, developing policies and procedures and networking with potential suppliers and customers. Well todays task was reviewing the "US Version" Employee handbook and making it better apply to the Canadian business.

At first I did not even think about me and looking to see if Gender Identity was covered, but once it dawned on me that I better look into it I noticed it was not specifically mentioned. It covered sexual orientation and the usual stuff (race, disability ect..) but gender identity was not mentioned anywhere.

So I looked up the Ontario Human rights code and sure enough it was there. Of course I copied it word for word into my employee handbook, just like the old saying goes....

gotta cover your a$$

Megan
    I'm outta here...

Thats actually a little humorous, and very good. I was waiting for the negative part but seems like you fixed it. Need more Megan G's out there.

And no one can say anything cause they told you to make sure everything was aligned with Canadian Law right? Good Job

Good job!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Pretty cool when you can write your own policies!

Banned Read only
    I wasn't sure I should look when I saw "unique positions"

I love writing my company policies.

1) Cannot have a problem with alternative lifestyles

2) No leather Chaps after 7am or before 5pm

3) With a concern for public decency, panties will be worn with micromini skirts at all times.

Good job, Megan!

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    3) With a concern for public decency, panties will be worn with micromini skirts at all times.
    even the guys? could be interesting.....
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Banned Read only
    Whats good for one is good for all.

Platinum Member
    And if it ever comes up you can point it out in the company's own materials. Way to go!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Campbell View Post
    even the guys? could be interesting.....
    OH GOD I would hope not......
    I'm outta here...

Banned Read only
    If the guys want to wear micromini skirts, who am I to stop them? But, they will have panties on when on my dime.

Does that mean that your employees have to wear micromini skirts at all times?

If so, do you need a computer programmer / engineer?

judy
    Last edited by Judith96a; 09-04-2014 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Too quick to reply, should have read to the end of the thread!

Banned Read only
    Judy, Judy, Judy, what are your qualifications?

Well as the age old saying goes..

Don't count your chickens before they hatch..

It looks like I just wrote a policy that will not apply to me with this company. I was just on a conference call with the CEO and COO of the company and unless they find a project in the next 4 weeks I am getting laid off...

Maybe this is just the push I needed to start living as me more often? To find work in a field that is not male dominated (construction). I don't know what the answers are to this but I do know that it pisses me off!!!

Megan

If the guys want to wear micromini skirts, who am I to stop them? But, they will have panties on when on my dime.
    Who's going to check?
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Gold Member
    I am sorry to hear that Megan. I hope you find something before the month is out so you have no breaks in income.