Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gesundheit!

Gone to live my life
    I see a potential "You Tube Tutorial" video in the making . . . "The CDer and Sneezing. How not to loose your wig or rupture an eyeball"

Hugs

Isha

Close your eyes to minimize eyeball rupturage. I cant help you about your wig flying off though.

I actually had this situation a few weeks ago. I was out (amongst other t-girls but in a public place and had the urge to sneeze). I could feel it coming and wondered if I could do it in a more lady like way but in the end, I think I just opted for trying to stifle it

I tend to suppress my sneezes and I have not has the trouble you describe.
    Sometimes it is difficult though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I started a thread about 6 months ago asking if anyone could explain a process to learn how to sneeze without sounding like a howitzer (which is how I perceive I sound!). The concensus was to ignor it and just go with it. Well, that was disappointing and I'm still hoping someone has a solution!

Funny this should come up. I've been trying to quiet mine down recently. Best I can explain is that I open my mouth slightly and try to push it out. (that's what she said) Guys at work started poking fun at my tiny sneezes, so it must be working.

I probably sound crazy.

I heard years ago that it is impossible to sneeze WITHOUT closing your eyes... Anyone know if this is true?

I've never managed to sneeze with my eyes open, but what about everyone else?

I think your eyes automatically close at some point during the sneeze. When I said close your eyes, I meant to close them voluntarily just before the sneeze. I have felt that eyeball pressure while trying to stifle a sneeze.

I feel like if I ever tried to suppress a sneeze, I might have a blowout/aneurism lol. There is no suppressing this force of nature! The funny thing?? I get it from my mom!!
    The longer I walk down this road I call a journey, the more I realize that it's not about passing or not passing. It's about being true to myself and being able to look in the mirror and say to my reflection... "Perfect"

I think a few of us came up with a possible solution years ago on this forum. If you can feel the sneeze coming on, exhale and empy your lungs. At that point there is no fuel for the noise. When you do sneeze it will be very quiet and since you aren't trying to block it, you can't hurt yourself! It can feel a little uncomfortable but when I am out dressed I find it very simple to execute.
    Sally