Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Before and After - The Difference One Year Can Make . . . .

Before and After - The Difference One Year Can Make . . . .

In the past, I have moaned, groaned, and whined much on this forum about my Amazonian-like height and ginormous size.

Standing barefoot at 6 foot 4 and a half inches tall in height, and having hovered between 220 and 230 pounds over the past two decades, I haven't exactly been among the smallest of folk around.

Over the past couple of years, I really let my stature get the best of me and negatively impact my attitude as I wallowed pathetically in fear and self-pity within my own personal sea of gender dysphoria.

But what I was missing back then was the obvious. At least, it was obvious to you all, because everyone here got it, and you all tried over and over again to hammer the message in and make me understand.

Reality is what reality is. Don’t sweat the stuff you can’t do anything about, but instead focus on and dedicate your energy towards those things you can influence and affect to create positive change and progress forward.

For whatever it’s worth, I’ll admit it - I was wrong to tie myself to the massive anchor I personally forged and throw it over board in deep waters.

Although true I cannot do anything about my height, I can and I have done much about with my body since getting my focus together earlier this year.

In this regard, I finally did something worthwhile and productive. I finally shut my mouth, stopped my complaining, and *listened* to you all. Then I set personal goals, I pretty much changed everything about how I was living my life, and I began working my absolute butt off (quite literally) to prepare my body for a fulltime and forever more life as me.

So here’s the deal – I have been on HRT now a few months shy of two years, I have lost about fifty pounds of dude bulk since late 2013, and I have been growing my hair out and working with a stylist to help me with my "look" for a little more than a year.

The "before" pictures are from late summer 2013, and I weighed in around 225ish lbs at the time. The "after" pictures are approximately one year later, from just a couple of weeks ago or so. I weigh in now between 175 and 180 lbs.

And yes, I fully recognize that I totally need FFS, so please be kind and take solace in the knowledge that I will do everyone a solid and rid the world of my dude-tainted face in the future.

The point of this post, though, is about taking responsibility for one’s self, making progress, and moving forward.

Despite all of the crap going on around me, I feel by far and away the best I have ever felt about myself, which is powerfully, powerfully self-validating. I was stuck in the mud there for quite a long time, and looking back on it, I now understand and can own up to the fact that any and all fault and blame for that lies squarely on my shoulders.

Be that as it may, all of that is now ancient history.

Although I know I still have far to go and much to do, the bottom line is that I now feel the best about myself I ever have as a person. I have a sense of hope, confidence, and self-love about myself that I have never had before. And the healthier I have become in body, the healthier I have also become in spirit. As an completely unexpected but much welcomed consequence, I have discovered the power and positive benefits of the two working in concert together - each feeding off the other, strengthening the other, supporting the other, and reinforcing the other. I always knew such a thing was possible, I just never thought it would be possible for me. Which, incidentally, constitutes yet but one more thing, in a long and ever-growing list, that I have been wrong about, but I digress . . . .

Regardless, I know I can do this now. I know I can do anything I set my mind to. The possibilities are limitless, and I have bought into the collective wisdom and experience of this membership that has helped open up my eyes. I am responsible for me, and if I am going to live life authentically and make something of myself, it is up to me to do so.

So to all of you folk out there in Trannyland who haven’t figured out yet how to shut the hell up and get over yourself - if I can get over myself, particularly given the challenge presented by the overly thick skull and dimwitted brain found within that I am stricken with, then certainly you should be able to do so with relative ease by comparison.

I'm just sayin' . . . . :-P
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Anne2345; 09-04-2014 at 12:48 PM.

Congratulations on your happiness and amazing progress. Good luck to you! As for FFS, here too we are our own worse critics having known the male face all our lives and just having met the female. For what it's worth I think you look very cute just as you are and I love your hair.

Anne, reading your rage and sadness and triumph, and that of the other ladies here, has been an education and an inspiration. You look lovely to me. Stop with the emo about your face! Your latest avatar is very sweet. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself.

Great job with the weight loss! It's a big hurdle for me. A bikini! You rock it.
    I'm through accepting limits
    'Cause someone says they're so
    Some things I cannot change
    But 'til I try, I'll never know!
    - Defying Gravity from Wicked

Silver Member
    Anne, please do not be so hard on yourself! You are to be commended for your huge weight loss and your very feminine image! Think positive thoughts and continue to keep moving in a direction that makes you comfortable and confident presenting your new feminine side! Enjoy.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345 View Post
    Reality is what reality is. Don’t sweat the stuff you can’t do anything about, but instead focus on and dedicate your energy towards those things you can influence and affect to create positive change and progress forward.

Then I set personal goals, I pretty much changed everything about how I was living my life, and I began working my absolute butt off (quite literally) to prepare my body for a fulltime and forever more life as me.

The point of this post, though, is about taking responsibility for one’s self, making progress, and moving forward.

I know I can do this now. I know I can do anything I set my mind to. The possibilities are limitless. I am responsible for me, and if I am going to live life authentically and make something of myself, it is up to me to do so.
    Anne, I hope you don't mind but I wanted all the others just starting out to understand. You said some very important things that are the essence of becoming your true self. It doesn't matter if you transition or continue to live male. Changing your life is hard work, nobody is going to do that for you.

I almost forgot, your looking fabulous Anne! Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Jorja; 09-04-2014 at 02:41 PM.

found this really inspiring. you look great Anne

Anyone told you yet you look like Molly Ringwald?

And it's wonderful that you've embraced the light at the end of the tunnel, as it were.

Silver Member
    You have come a long way and look really good.

I always find myself feeling a little strange when I see before and after pictures of someone. I did not know the guy in the pictures, but only know her, the woman who has been posting here for a couple years. Its hard to connect them as the same person. You don't look anything like you used to now.

What a terrific read Anne. It is wonderful that you are happy and all the positive changes you have made. As others have already said dont be too hard on yourself you have a very cute look. Thank you so much for sharing.

Aspiring Member
    Wow Anne, you look wonderful! Now I need to do that. Leanne

Anne, you look great. Be happy always.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Pretty amazing transformation for sure, good luck to you

Anne, you are still being our own most sever critic, I don't see a man's face at all. BTW, I'm about the same weight as you were a year ago and would very much like to get down at least to 200 and am not having much luck, so I know how hard you worked to get to 175!! I'm 6' 3" so we are very similar, I will try to follow your example.

Hugs, Bria

Honestly Anne I do the same thing when it comes to my facial features. As Allisonagain said we are are own worst critics. I think you look wonderful.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Gold Member
    You just rock Anne! I am quite happy to be able to absorb your positive feelings. And I have to agree with the others. When I posted my before and after photos on Facebook recently, I stated that I saw the same person in both photos. It appears no one else did because they are not ground in noticing some minor features that I was locked in to. You are looking very nice!

Thank you for sharing this. You look wonderful and all the women on this site are so inspirational.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Anne, I'm so pleased to hear you're feeling so happy about yourself! You were one of my first friends on this forum, and I've watched your evolution, back when transition seemed to be the furthest thing from your mind. I'm so glad you seem to be at peace with where you're going. I wish you the best always

Anne, I have admired you for as long as I have been reading your comments. Watching you grow and find yourself has been a wonderful and motivating experience for me. In my opinion you don't have to do anything. You simply rock.

You are beautiful.

Over the past couple of years, I really let my stature get the best of me and negatively impact my attitude as I wallowed pathetically in fear and self-pity within my own personal sea of gender dysphoria.
    I so get that sentance lol, but I think your a little hard on yourself there.

I tell myself this all the time but sometimes reality sucks, only difference is I now understand reality can be great at times also. We do tend to dwell on just the bad points.

And yes, I fully recognize that I totally need FFS, so please be kind and take solace in the knowledge that I will do everyone a solid and rid the world of my dude-tainted face in the future.
    I think your picture looks great, but, I suffer the same self image problems where you can't help but look for every option to eradicate the male. It's a condition in itself. Do you need FFS? Or are you programmed to feel the need for FFS?

And very inspirational it is too, well done and it does help. Those of us that are transitioning currently get a pick-me-up when reading something like this

I was stuck in the mud there for quite a long time, and looking back on it, I now understand and can own up to the fact that any and all fault and blame for that lies squarely on my shoulders.
    I disagree with this, you can blame yourself for not doing something about transition when you know thats the path. But you can't blame yourself for being born with Gender Dysphoria and you can't blame yourself for feeling the fear when social stigma is so real. There is a reason we all need therapy!

Anyways, congratulations you earned it, you made it happen.

What i see is a beautiful woman who has an incredible talent for writing. You articulate the pain, fear, and insanity of this better than anyone.

Then again. .....somebody give this nut a sammich, damn!
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I think you are a very beautiful woman Anne. And for what it's worth, you pulled off being a rather handsome guy as well.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

And yes, I fully recognize that I totally need FFS,
    Really...I don't see that
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

You don't need no FFS!

Anne,
    Don't be so hard on yourself. If you want FFS then fine, but...
    1/ you look lovely and femme as you are
    2/ you have come a long way in a very short time
    3/ makeup is much cheaper & less painful than surgery

Hugs
    Judith

What an amazing and inspiring story! Wow, you are literally unrecognizable, in a good way! I think you look fantastic. Like you did, I will have to lose about the same anount of dude bulk if I ever want to get serious about looking like a woman. You have proved it's possible, so thank you for the motivation!

I wish you the best on your journey!