Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Before and After - The Difference One Year Can Make . . . .

I have to agree with other posts as to FFS. Your avatar shows a woman with a feminine chin and no eyebrow ridges. If it's makeup or photoshop, you must be fantastic at them. I see many women as tall or taller than you, although I have to admit that you are on the far side of the bell curve.
    I think gender is all in your mind; once you decide to be something, then that's what you are.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Platinum Member
    Ok, I officially envy you. I set out with the goal of losing 10 pounds this year...and I have flat lined at 225.

Maybe all the struggles helped burn calories and shed body mass. If so, it's a tough diet plan indeed!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by donnalee View Post
    If it's makeup or photoshop, you must be fantastic at them.
    No photoshop. It's all makeup. A lifetime of practice, about a gazillion tutorials watched on youtube, and a million billion gajillion questions asked of SAs at MAC, Ulta, and Sephora, and a quadrillion frintillion bazillion hillion quintohydrostatic zillion products purchased from those stores. Lol.

As for the weight loss, I did not start initially with the goal of losing 50 lbs. Had I done so, I'm sure I would have failed miserably, and nothing would have changed. It was important to me that I felt and experience positive progress and personal reinforcement with goals that felt reasonable to me in relatively short incremental time frames in which to build a foundation of confidence and well-being upon. For example, my first goal was simply to get down to 215 lbs. When I hit that, it felt great. I had actually accomplished something where previously there had just been failure. From there, I established a new goal of 205 lbs, and so on. When I started this, fwiw, I had no idea it was even possible for me to accomplish this. So it was actually kind of helpful for me to not put too much pressure on myself with goals that seemed too far out of reach or too difficult and unreasonable to achieve.
    Last edited by Anne2345; 09-08-2014 at 05:02 PM.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345 View Post
    No photoshop. It's all makeup. A lifetime of practice, about a gazillion tutorials watched on youtube, and a million billion gajillion questions asked of SAs at MAC, Ulta, and Sephora, and a quadrillion frintillion bazillion hillion quintohydrostatic zillion products purchased from those stores. Lol.
    I hope you are not justifying the lipstick based on that!
    Lea

Great work!! You look fabulous, keep it up!!

You look good Anne I wish I had the confidence to do what you did.
    One of these days maybe I will.

Hugs
    Jules

Congratulations Anne,
    An Inspiring story, you look great as you are.
    Hugs adelaide

Aspiring Member
    Anne this really is an amazing transition. I think you look great and your look works too imo. Thanx for sharing
    Professional thread killer.

wow! you have now become and inspiration and teacher. thanks for the posting!!!! you look marvelous

Hi sweetie! Been offsite for a while. Just wanna say it's nice to be back and see the fabulous you.