Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aly Is Out For Good!

Way to go Aly, glad you are happy.

Thumbs up

Many of us are out at work only by living it vicariously through watching someone like you actually live it. I'm so happy for you. You look great. How wonderful to have an employer who supports you, and coworkers who encourage you.

Please please please keep writing about how it goes. The daily mundane is as important as the the milestones.

Congratulations!

Best,
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Congratulations!

It must be very nice to have such great acceptance!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Aly,

CONGRATS! I know this is something you have been moving toward for some time and are now there . . . YAY! Enjoy your new life sweetie.

Hugs

Isha

Gold Member
    Congrats Aly! Glad it is going well. I am doing voice training already. I have reflux issues and on some bad days, my voice is rough no matter what I do. I just go with it. I could say "Damn it for smoking for 17 years", but that one is in the bank if someone asks. Otherwise, they will adapt to the quality of the voice you land on. I used the apps and went through some of the on-line videos. In the end, I ended up with Kathe Perez because at some point, you need the independent feedback of how you sound and identifying what training is right to improve certain components of your voice. Of course in a path of doing a lot of things that cost money, this would be another. But now that I have gotten this far, I rank voice as one of my more important expenses along with beard removal. It will probably vary a little for each of us.

Best of luck in everything staying smooth. It sounds like you have the needed support so it is now having time pass to normalize things. Perfect!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Really proud of you Aly!!

Sunshine on my Shoulder

Congratulations Aly!!! I know how good it feels when sunshine hits my shoulders in a sundress. I can't imagine the feeling when fluorescent light would do the same in the workplace.

Le sigh...

I just finished helping a customer and her daughter with their email that had stopped working. The daughter was maybe 16-17. As I'm working with them, the daughter kept cracking up whenever she would look at me. The mom kept saying... "Stop laughing at me, I'm old." After like the 4 time, the mom said, "geeze, I'm not that funny..." The daughter replies, "I'm not laughing at you." The mom asked what was so funny and the daughter responded by looking me straight in the face and said... "Funnier things...." Then she walked away and wouldn't come back until they left. Gotta love teenagers...
    The longer I walk down this road I call a journey, the more I realize that it's not about passing or not passing. It's about being true to myself and being able to look in the mirror and say to my reflection... "Perfect"

Love your hair. Perfect style.

Aly,

I'm not laughing, I think your beautiful and brave!

Love KristyE

Quote Originally Posted by Aly Cat View Post
    Gotta love teenagers...
    No you don't... especially not other peoples'....

I'm not sure I liked teenagers even when I was one... well there were one or two girls perhaps...

Aly - I know you will, but you have to rise above these inept and infantile attitudes... it's a shame that parents don't have a better idea of how their kids' behaviour reflects on their quality of parenting, but hey - she probably left the store to go and rib some guy in a wheelchair... Karma will strike one day - what goes around comes around...

Katey x
    Last edited by Katey888; 09-06-2014 at 05:04 PM.
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Slowly working it out...
    Wow, I'm so pleased for you Aly. This thread made me smile on a day that I really needed one. You look great and I'd guess that is in large part due to your mental state. You are beaming inside and it is obvious. Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Aly Cat View Post
    Le sigh...
    By the way, is that a Pepe Le Pew quote? I love Pepe Le Pew...
    Last edited by Katey888; 09-06-2014 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

Heather, it is a Pepe le pew reference! It's also a popular meme.
    The longer I walk down this road I call a journey, the more I realize that it's not about passing or not passing. It's about being true to myself and being able to look in the mirror and say to my reflection... "Perfect"

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    That's great! You look fantastic! I hope to get there someday!

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Aly congrats and well done.
    Pinkessence Transliving Urnotalone

Elegance Personified katie elouise's Avatar
    Congratulations aly you look great , enjoy yourself you deserve it .

Hi Aly,
    it is tough enough to come out to your family ,but it really is tough at work ! you look great! The phil side of me says very attractive and feminine, however the phylis side is oh so jealous ,good luck pretty funny about the teenager phylis anne

Thanks for the big ol' grin Aly. Your story is one of success, acceptance, courage, and happiness. Oh ... and a promotion.

You rock!
    Quarterly TG Invasions: TgDetroit.com
    Facebook: MsVal Bralt

Congrats and best of luck to Aly.

You've got courage, Aly. And major cuteness!

Wishing you all the best.

Hugs....
    YIM -- tracigirl111

Congratulations Aly!! You look very cute in that picture. I wish you continued success on your journey, you show so much courage. Sounds like you handled the teenager situation very well, she will get hers. Good luck with the voice training, glad you are happy.