Thread: Esprit conference any ever go

Esprit conference any ever go

I am thinking of going to the Esprit conference out by seattle next year has any one on this site ever gone to it . I not sure if its any good and don't want to spend a ton of money and go if its not.
    I am going to be going by myself are they friendly out their and welcome new girls to it.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    I've never been, but I've heard it's great. I have made a commitment to go myself...my wife is cool with it, and it is very conveniently located for me...might end up being the first place I go public. Also, Port Angeles is a very very cool town, and the entire town opens their arms to us girls.

My first Esprit was in 2005, It was my first time out in public and what a great group of ladies to provide support and a wealth of knowledge as they represent years of experience. I was very nervous but with their support and encouragement and the classes on all sorts of Trans subjects it really helped. I have gained more confidence each Esprit and Port Angeles is full of very supportive people and businesses. They look forward to Esprit as Esprit brings fun entertainment the Friday talent show is packed with locals and they have a great time with us. And bands and dancing is available to the locals. I have gone every year since 2005 I usually go the last half wed- sun to save a little money but Your first time to really get to know everyone if you can afford it the whole week is the way to go to do all the avtivities and make life long friends. Hope this helps. The website does explain alot.

if I do get the courage to go I would not be able to afford the whole weekend. Between the fee and a room I have to drive over 700 miles from Montana to just get there. I sure you are busy doing stuff but do u ever get a chance to sit by the pool . If I do go should I buy a swim suit . I have only gone out once on Halloween but never have worn a girls s bathing suit, If I go as far as as going I would like to be able to sit by the pool if if I get the chance .
    Last edited by Katey888; 09-07-2014 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Unnecessary to quote immediately preceding post...

I went for the first time this year and had a blast. I made friends with a lot of cool people there, CD, TG, spouses, and all. It seemed a bit short on classes/seminars and vendors, but I guess that could be the "luck of the draw". The ones they did have, that I was able to make (given choices between a couple of things happening at the same - sometimes there were 2 things I would've liked to do, and other times nothing happening in terms of official program events), were good. They do make an effort to help newcomers fit in and feel welcome. I would recommend any newcomer to join in the "big sister/little sister" program, especially if you are either new to going out dressed, or like me, not good at social situations.
    I know some people had time for the pool and I heard some go to a jacuzzi or hot tub somewhere at the hotel, so bringing a swimsuit would be a good idea if you think you might be interested in that. Besides, swimsuits don't take up too much space.
    The main thing, I think, is to be open to experiencing what Esprit has to offer. There's plenty to do, people to hang out with, etc. I would say, as is true with many things, a lot is what you make of it.
    I only wished I lived closer!

I wish I lived closer . I am over 700 miles away so It will take one day to get ther and one day at least to get home. THe more I think about it the more I wan to do it. IF you do deside to go again this year let me know. May be you can show me around and give me some tips
    Last edited by Katey888; 09-07-2014 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Unnecessary to quote immediately preceding post...

I have never gone but I have friends who have and they had a blast. I have heard from people it is more geared to the first timers going out as they have classes to teach you about things the average male doesn’t know so if you are new to going out I would say a big yes to going. And yes from what I hear the whole area there looks forward to this event and all the TG people coming in so very friendly.
    There are also many events around the country similar to this that may be closer, you might try googling. One of my favorites is Diva Las Vegas. Now this is an awesome event but may not be right if it is your first time going out as they do not have classes to teach you things just activities to join in. on the plus side there is no cost to attend this you just pay your way for what you want to do, go to dinner with the group you pay your bill. It is also a very public event so as I said probably not a good choice for your first time out but something to think about for when you get out more.
    Susan Miller
    Be happy with yourself first.
    Susan wordpress

Quote Originally Posted by LIKETODRESS2 View Post
    I wish I lived closer . I am over 700 miles away so It will take one day to get ther and one day at least to get home. THe more I think about it the more I wan to do it. IF you do deside to go again this year let me know. May be you can show me around and give me some tips
    I'm in southern California, so not exactly close either.
    If you do decide to go I do recommend the "big sister" program. They will hook you up with someone who has been before, who can help you out before the event with any questions you might have or tips and during the event. If I do decide to go I'll try to remember to let you know (but I may very well forget by then). If we both end up going we can surely try to meet up.
    I go out on my own once in a while around where I live, so I didn't really need help in that regard. What I mostly got out of Esprit was several new friends, as well as some fun activities. The draw for me to go back is to meet up with those friends (and maybe more new friends like you) and spend some quality time with them.

I've never been either, and also live in So Cal. It could be quite interesting for me, if I do go - my brother lives in Sequim (just east of PA) with his and 5 kids, and his wife's parents live down the street. Though my brother and his wife know I'm transitioning, the rest of his family do not. I rarely get back up to Washington, after growing up there and living there for 45 years. Montana's quite a drive - have you thought of flying? Fly into Seattle and arrange carpooling from there, and it might be less expensive than a road trip if you buy tickets at the right time in advance.

Ann

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I haven't been in the last 8 years, but before that I had been there 10 out of 12 years. They have a nice program, there is a lot to do and the locals have always been accepting. Their "big sister" program will help you no matter what your experience level is, unless you are content to just hang out in the hotel.
    Dana Ryan

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I go every year. Esprit is like anything else, it is what you make it. There's friends to make, places to shop and eat, classes to sample, liquor to drink, and parties to go to and flirt. There's a pool too. Drinking a little wine in an upstairs room facing the water with good friends in a skirt and heels is good living at its best. During Esprit, we pretty much own the town.