Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking in Percentages

Thinking in Percentages

Hi All,

Right now, I define myself as 80% male/20% female (meaning, I feel 100% female 20% of the time, which isn't exactly true--it's a lot more nuanced than that--but it helps my wife understand)...but I feel that percentage can/will probably shift, the more I explore on this journey. What is your experience?

My counselor said that many MtF TGs she counsels actually think in terms of percentages (which I was surprised and not so surprised to hear at the same time), where her FtM TGs don't.

Thoughts?

~Ashley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Esse Quam Videri!"

Banned Read only
    100% dude no matter how I am dressed.

Actually, I never thought of it in percentages. And, it would vary depending on how much time was spent doing something specifically male or specifically female. Because, much of what we do, we do the same whether we are male or female; it's all the little things that we don't think about, but just, do. Reaching over to turn the alarm clock off, walking to the bathroom, brushing teeth, showering (except for the time shaving,whether face or body, and using extra hair stuff if you have long hair), drying off, making coffee, toasting, buttering bread, frying eggs & bacon, then eating it, opening the doors, locking them, starting the car, driving it, filling it with gas, etc., you see what I'm getting to. Most of our behavior is non sexual specific.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    I'm just me.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    what Candice said ............

The Mad Scientist
    I'm thinking it's 100% female brain and persona...and 100% male body.
    Somehow that doesn't change how I dress.

I don't know if that's two wholes that make a whole or a nut

I acted male for sixty plus years, now I feel natural as female, I only act male when around my grand kids friends now. My grand daughter ask me to do this for her. (11 years old), not a hard thing to do for some one you love.

Right now I'd say I'm 70 to 80% male, and 30 to 20% female. Though like others have said I'm just me, and it depends on the day.

Most people have heard me say, "I don't have sides. I am not a value meal at McDonalds." It's my snarky comment on this idea that we are part one thing or another or that we move from one to the other. I am a man, always have been, always will be. I can be nothing else, my gender is set as is my physical person. I dress in what some call women's clothing and adopt a female name when I do so but I am still the same individual as I am at other times. There is no percentage about it. That's like saying that some days I'm 40% Mexican and about 60% Chinese - I am, in fact, just Mexican and have no Chinese in me apart from last night's dim sum.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

70% female

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    The only percentage I'm concerned with is how much Uncle Sam will take from my income.
    I hear that loud and clear! I often sit and compare my gross to my net income and wonder how the numbers are possible. >_<

Back on topic, I do think its possible to use a sliding scale to sorta place people, before I read this thread I never really thought about it.
    Just Roll With It

I'm just me. Always.

It more or less depends on the way I'm dressed, the way I feel at a certain moment and the situation in which I'm in... what part of me will be accentuated more.

Simple, eh?!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Aspiring Member
    I am 100% male.

I just like to wear dresses. I am what I am

I'm with nat, the way I'm dressed has a feeling about it. But as Candice said,
    just me. That helps if you go out, just be you however you are.
    Char

Like Marshalynn, I am 60 plus. Actually I am 70 plus. From what I read similar, but quite different. At 11 years old I was Grandad, the fixer of anything. Now she is 21, and I just recently came out to her. Since that time I cannot contact her and her Father doesn't return my calls. Today would have been my daughters birthday, and I know she would be happy that I am finally honest with myself. It does hurt that I have probably lost her, her dad I could care less about.
    I am a transgender girl and quite happy with my new life.

Oh, yes, to get on topic, I am 100% girl 90% of the time, male only when I have to mow the lawn or take a shower, but remember my male abilities and still help neighbors with repairs.

Bobbi
    Last edited by BOBBI G.; 09-06-2014 at 05:52 AM.

Though occupying a "male" body, I'm 100% non-male, i.e. about 30% neutral, 50% feminine, 50% angel.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

26.3% of percentages are made up.

Silver Member
    I don't get the percentage thing. Doesn't mean anything to me. You are who you are. Who cares about percentages?

Who cares if some people care about percentages?
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Quote Originally Posted by LelaK View Post
    Who cares if some people care about percentages?
    It's a proven fact that 41.2 % of people do care.

Platinum Member
    Sure, we try to guesstimate the proportions, but in the end it can be rather fruitless. What we see as male and female attributes are really human traits, not gender specific. Many non CDrs posses similar personality traits...so where does that leave us? It seems to me that the issue is more about deciding what place CDing has in your life along a continuum from occasional closeted dresser to desiring to incorporate presenting as a woman into your life to varying degrees.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

How does one define a percentage? Time spent en femme as opposed to in drab? Time spent wearing any item of women's clothing? By the first measure I'm well under 50% female. By the second I'm at 100%.

Looking at it another way, I'm me all the time. My thought processes don't change with my clothing. Even when I'm at work I'm not doing anything that a woman would be looked at oddly for doing.

Trying to quantify that makes my brain hurt. I'd rather go look at shoes.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Read only
    This is funny. I've never felt a need to try to define where the male/female split is for me and I'm an engineer. Professionally I deal with a lot of this or that, up or down, black or white, do or do not situations, but I consider my life, my gender identity and my sexuality to all have a considerable amount of grey. It doesn't both me at all and I think that is a long term, and not a short term, view.

Platinum Member

All For One & One For All

Hi Ashley, I have been enrolled in this program for almost 68yrs., It's just who I am and it's what I do.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 09-07-2014 at 08:01 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

When I dress I feel 100% female and weeks time I dress over 50% of the time. So I'd say I'm about 70% female 30 % male.
    Angie