Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leg Hair Question

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Fakley View Post
    ... Anyhow, she has asked me to ask y'all ... for those of you who do shave, and are married, how do your wives feel about this? Does it cross a line for them as well? ...
    No line crossed. She is quite used to it now but I think she prefers my leg hair as it is more "normal" for men. I have shaved for years and have never had an odd question about it.

The Mad Scientist
    I personally like nothing in the way of hair from the eyebrows down (which are more and more waxed BTW).

I'm left to shave, am good for overnight, and then need to shave again within 24 hours if I don't like stubble.

What steps/methods have people used to lengthen this time. I have heard such terror of epilation that it makes me think this is NOT for me.

My rural area basically precludes professional hair removal.

What other options work for people? I heard someone say home laser hair removal and have looked online but the market is flooded with a ton of equipment.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    "If you ask a bunch of crossdressers about shaving your legs you will get unanimous support" I said ... "you might as well ask them if nasty work pants are their favorite piece of clothing while you're at it" I said :-)

ROFL.

Any GG's care to chime in?
    That is a perspective both of us would greatly appreciate.

In all seriousness though, thank you everyone for your thoughtful comments. It is so amazing to have a group of people to be able to talk to about odd things like this!

-Amy
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Well being closeted that is my last barrier to cross. I started shaving my chest over a year ago and my wife likes it. I have dropped hints about shaving my legs and I think this winter I will. I do shave my nether regions and have for sometime. I also started trimming most of my under arm hair. But my desire to completely shave my legs is so strong that I am thinking about coming out to my wife.

I prefer my SO to not shave at all (especially the lower legs), but not so much as to deprive him from shaving all over, all year long. I guess it's a question of priority. I think it is a bigger priority for my SO to be completely hair-free than it is for me to have a hairy SO, in other words I accept the shaving.

I do not like the prickly in-between stages. I don't know why.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    Trish,
    I found I wanted my legs shaved before my chest, the final straw was when I bought my first pair of heels and tried them with my stockings, the forest growing through had to go ! I feel my legs look and feel healthier now without hair !
    Annoyingly chest hair grows nearly as quick as facial hair !

I have never been very hairy, but once I shaved everything but my head I have no desire to let it grow out (has been 6 years and no one has asked me about it for at least 5 years)

I've been shaving from below eyebrows for years. My wife is fine with that except if it gets to feel prickly as it grows back. Only one friend has ever commented, and that was when I was sat next to him whilst wearing shorts. Shaving is now common for a few reasons. For me/us, it's a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Trish,
    I found I wanted my legs shaved before my chest, the final straw was when I bought my first pair of heels and tried them with my stockings, the forest growing through had to go ! I feel my legs look and feel healthier now without hair !
    Annoyingly chest hair grows nearly as quick as facial hair !
    Ain't it the truth! Chest hair seems to grow faster than anywhere except the face. I shave everywhere below the eyebrows 2-3 times a week, and my legs and arms usually don't have any growth which would even merit the name "stubble," but my chest is nubby and prickly after three days.

I have been shaving my entire body (except for the bikini area where I tend to get follicular dermatitis) for about fifteen years. I think that shaving my arms and hands was probably a more noticeable appearance change than either my legs or chest.

I do wish it was easier to shave my back. I live alone and don't have anyone to help with either shaving, waxing or depilation between the shoulder blades. It can be done, but requires a pair of mirrors and flexible wrist, elbow and shoulder joints.

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    I've been doing it for a few years now and more of a clean shave vs. short trimmed (initially) and I also shave my arm pits, tops/backs of my hands, and upper/center of my chest (she likes some left vs. entire chest bare). I wear shorts almost year round here in AZ.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

The first time I shaved my legs (VEET) was in November with the agreement from my wife we would try it to New Years. And I have been shaving since. Must not of been much of an issue.

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Amy,
    I hate to bring up a "negative" response but I have a non-supportive / hostile SO. I shaved under my arms & my upper chest & she went berserk. Screaming & hollering..
    Needless to say, to keep peace in the home, I still have all my hair. The upper chest hair came back in all grey, so less noticeable.
    I do take scissors & chop my underarm hair back once in a while - She doesn't seem to notice that.

As far as leg hair, I've found that a a pair of pantyhose over flesh colored tights hides all my leg hair. Too hot for the summer here but fine for winter..

Hugs, Connie Marie
    See my favorite lovely ladies at https://www.flickr.com/photos/64988357@N03/favorites/

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

It wasn't an issue in the least. I have shaved my legs for more than 15 years no...no one cares, my wife or anyone else.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    my wife always says its your body not mine! So no issues here

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I prefer my SO to not shave at all (especially the lower legs), but not so much as to deprive him from shaving all over, all year long. I guess it's a question of priority. I think it is a bigger priority for my SO to be completely hair-free than it is for me to have a hairy SO, in other words I accept the shaving.

I do not like the prickly in-between stages. I don't know why.
    Reine, you are so cool in your coping, thanks for hanging in there with your SO & us!!!

I do the below the eyebrow shave about 3-4 times per week, and have comfy pajama bottoms for the prickly days/nights...Oh, and I've worked construction and never had any comments. The shaved look is very much coming into vogue.

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

Aspiring Member
    Initially my wife was a bit reluctant about it, especially the in between stubble, but over time as long as I'm consistently smooth she could careless. It doesn't even warrant a response now.

I'm not sure why, but after the last time I completely shaved my hair didn't grow back like before. When I don't shave, it's now very sparse. I often wonder if it's because I wear pantyhose and tights so much, or if it's simply because I'm growing older. If you look close, there is some hair. But in hose, I look like I just shaved. Fine by me!

My wife doesnt care that I shave my legs. They are always shaved and smooth all year round. (Keep in mind I live in Southern California and I always wear shorts). She tells me as long as I dont use her razors, she is ok with it.
    PS I cant stand hair on my legs!

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Amy,

Glad that everything is going so well at home. I have kept my legs shaved for the last 4 years (since comming out to my wife) and it is a non issue for her. I wear shorts all the time in summer and never had a negative comment from anyone, I do get some looks because of the length of my hair though. Hope your wife enjoys the site.

Hugs
    Jolene

My wife minds when I don't shave my legs.

I shave mine. My wife has been close to me in the shower, bed, couch and other places.
    Has not even noticed. I guess I am kinda lucky.
    Never been a problem, though never said anything either.
    Just shave late at night when she is sleeping and don't let it get too long so she notices.

My wife shaved mine shortly after we married in 1975.

No one notices (or they don't mention it), and I swim at the gym almost every day.

Lots of guys shave, and I doubt that half of them are CDs.
    DonnaT

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I have little body hair any way, but do shave my legs every few weeks. Having been a cyclist and a swimmer no one has ever questioned it. My wife has gorgeous legs so no green goblins there either.

I shave from the eyebrows down as well, and my wife encourages this. She has always admired the dedication required to stay smooth all over. That said, her legs are hairy....
    Once you slide a pair of real FF nylons up your freshly shaved leg, there is no going back, I'm afraid.

I shave because it feels better. Less Itchy. and looks much better overall. Once you start, you will like it that way all the time, so don't bother going back after winter. Sounds like the wife is accepting, and NO ONE will ask you about it.