Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dunb question

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I see this all the time here with newer members.
    They assume because they CD that must mean they either gay, TG , TS or a TV.
    Just because you CD doesn't mean you are automatically TG,TS,TV or gay. You could be a perfectly normal healthy male that likes to dress up.

Banned Read only
    Jenny you could say that, sometimes I leave the handle sticking out, and my wife uses it to wind me up ! Boy is she good at that on occasions !!

So if one dresses as the other gender and has sex with the same birth gender then is that person a crossdresser or transgendered, or gay or what and if that person likes sex with both genders regardless of how they are dressed then is that person bi or what? Or if the person is queer or a gender binder with any of the above sexusl preferances then what is that person? To many terms to take into consideration in deciding what one is. I think if all the possible combination of letters were included in the LGBT that it might take forever to type. Are there letters for a person that just wants to be ones self?

thanks for all the responses girls. I only ask because I am fairly new to this whole scene. before 2014 I dressed by myself in the basement when no one would catch me and never discussed what I did with a soul. Joining this forum has opened my eyes and mind and I like to clarify any confusion I have about this "crossdressing world" in my own mind. To all of you my question is not to make a judgement but just to learn more about this world. I think i've got it now. Crossdressers and transvestites are the same thing and are nouns. Transgender is an adjective which describes those nouns as well as describing transexuals. We're all in the same Transgender family just in varying degrees and differences.

Zylia nailed it!
    Reine

Technically the words crossdresser and transvestite mean the same thing, wearing attire of what is commonly acceptable only for the opposite physical sex; however, they have gradually become separated by some in order to differentiate those who crossdress for sexual excitement and whose desire to crossdress subsides after orgasm, vs those for whom there does not appear to be a sexual link to it. At least that is the way I understand it at the moment. However, definitions can and do change with time. Transgender refers to a person feeling that they are mentally the opposite gender from the physical sex of their body, and has no regard as to what clothing the person wears; it can encompass the term transsexual as well.

It seems that more than a few (and I used to feel like this too) want to use any possible other term in order to make the behavior more acceptable to our SO's, family and friends, however, no matter what you call us, it doesn't appear that more than a tiny fraction of 1% of women are sexually turned on by any of it. A guy in a dress is always going to be a guy in a dress, no matter what other term you may use to refer to us, they're all simply polite euphemisms for the same thing, just like chubby, big boned, husky, stocky, etc all basically come down to 'fat'. In the end, we're not fooling anyone but ourselves that what we call ourselves makes us seen as any different from the others to most of the rest of the world. To them, we're just splitting hairs; if you ask 1000 people what they think about a guy who wears women's clothes, 999 are going to tell you that he wants to be a girl, and they're probably going to keep that belief no matter what you tell them.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 09-09-2014 at 10:52 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Personally I don't care what you call me, JUST CALL ME!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The whole spectrum is so wide and varied its hard to put a label on any one person as to what they are.
    Really just have fun being yourself and don't try to find out where you fit because it will drive you crazy.