Thread: Baby Steps :)

Baby Steps :)

My girlfriend is going to college about an hour away, and I keep my crossdressing items at her apartment (she knows). We talk every now and then about crossdressing, and the general place we're at right now, is that "it's all new to her" and "a few years from now, it won't phase her in the slightest".
    She let's me buy things and ship them to her apartment, which is awesome because I'm currently living with my parents while I finish college. I ordered a nice set of tall heels, and when they showed up, I opened the package and checked them out but didn't put them on (im still self conscious dressin around her). Well a couple hhours go by and she says "how did the heels fit?" I replied "dunno yet, haven't tried them on" she says "well why not?" I reached down where I had set the shoes and slipped them on "they actually fit nicely!" "good!" she said.
    Well bedtime rolls around after a few beers and I ask "do you mind if I sleep in a pair of my underwear? (Victorias secret Hipsters)" she goes "I don't care?" so I slip in them and fall asleep beside her.
    She's never seen me in a bra, even though I had a bra at her apartment. Well the morning rolls around, and I wake up before her. I slip my bra on, and cover my chest with the blankets until she wakes up. We lay there talking for awhile until I say "babe, please don't be mad at me, but I put my bra on lastnight to sleep in." she says "why would I be mad?"

We continue lying there as she talked on the phone with her mom, as she rubbed my shoulder, every now and then grazing over the bra strap. As she talked on the phone, I let the blanket slip farther and farther down until my bra was completely exposed! It was such an amazing feeling being dressed in a bra and panties in front of my girlfriend for the first time and her being okay with it!!!

We spent all morning laying in bed cuddling while I was still in my bra. We eventually got up to get food, but before I took it off, I asked if she could adjust my strap, and she did

That night, I slipped into another pair of VS underwear and crawled into bed. I grabbed the bra and put it on and she asked "can I ask a question without you getting upset? Because it's just a question" I said "sure babe" she asks "is this something you're going to do every night?"
    I said "well I don't have to. I mean, I would like to, but I guess it depends on the mood im in? But the answer is no, this won't be every night. Why? What would you say if my answer was Yes, I want to do this every night?"
    She said "I'd be okay with it, I just want to know what to expect"

I'm trying to expose her to my crossdressing so that she can get more comfortable around it. So far she seems to be okay with me in a bra and underwear and shoes. I've showed her a pic of me completely transformed, and she basically said she's fine with everything but a wig, makeup, and breastforms. I don't like dressing without those 3 things, because dressing without them, I feel like a creepy guy in women's clothes :/ with them I feel like a sexy woman.

What should I expose her to next? Is there another way I should be doing this? Thanks for reading this far and for any helpful tips!

Hi Becca. Similar to your situation my wife is OK with most clothing items but draws the line at makeup/wig. I don't have breastforms but I'm pretty sure she wouldn't like those either.

I think you are doing the right thing by going slowly, but I think you may be in for a letdown, if you believe she will "get used to it." It depends on the individual of course, but for many spouses--according to multiple posts--clothes and shoes are one thing, but the other items are more transformative, and that's precisely what bothers them.

In my case I told my wife I would want to go for the whole look at some point. She said I could do that if I wanted, but she'd have no part of it. Also, she doesn't mind modeling heels with me, though she has said she doesn't like to see me in skirts because they make my lower body look feminine. But a silk robe is OK. Go figure, she doesn't think shaved legs, sheer pantyhose, high heels and a woman's robe are overly feminine, but a skirt or dress is, in her mind.

My point is you never know. But I would be clear with her about what your desired end state is. If you want the full look, and she doesn't, you are headed to a partial DADT arrangement. In my case that's enough, I love my wife more than CD--though one day I will experience the full look, with or without her.

Best of luck to you.

Shibumi
    Last edited by Gretchen_To_Be; 09-08-2014 at 04:26 PM.

I wouldn't push too hard a too fast. Let her slowly get used to things as you get to know her better, but first of all if you think she might be the one that you want to spend your life with then also work on the loving part. Do things for her also not just only for you love is a two sided street. You am have to do some things you don't enjoy to get to where she is comfortable with you in the full attire and dressed. Spending time together is a key to success in long time relationships. Having fun with each other is a close second, and letting them know you care about them and their feelings will go a long way. Treat her like a lady and maybe one day she'll treat you like one when your dressing gets to its full stage.

I tried to let my wife slowly into it, but in her mind it was one thing after another after another. She didnt know what to expect really, which I do understand. Im actually in the same boat as you right now, but slow isnt working lol

Reality Check
    I suggest taking it slow and easy. Expose her to new ideas over a period of several months. Your next step might be asking about putting something in the bra.

Elegance Personified katie elouise's Avatar
    I totally understand your desire to go further how far do you really want to go . ?
    But try to understand that she needs to feel loved and feel respect from you if she is feeling that you maybe want to much to soon this could spoil things which maybe could have ended up better with a little more patience .
    Just think how you would genuinely feel if she were to say to you ok I don't mind you dressing as a woman ,but fully made up and only when we go out how pressured would you feel to perform .? There are lots of girls / women on this and other sites desperate to have more , so you are not alone I just think patience and respect will prove more fruitful in the end Katie x .

I've been with her for over 5 years, and we know we want to be together for the long haul. She's known about me crossdressing for about a year.
    I want to eventually get to the stage where I can be fully dressed (wig, makeup, forms, dress, heels, etc) in front of her. I hear of these couples that allow the husband to dress around the house and occasionally go out on the town together at night as girlfriends. That sounds AMAZING, but I'm sure if that point were to come, it'll come a long time from now. It's alot to ask for.

We were watching Orange is the new Black, and there's an episode about a transsexual in the prison, and kinda showed the back story on how she became a tranny. Showing him dressing up in front of his wife, before he got a sex change, and he was telling her "you don't have to stay", and the wife was saying "please just keep your penis for me". And he said he couldn't.. That led to my girlfriend having a breakdown.
    She was bawling, saying "how do you know you're not going to want that eventually" and I assured her, I don't want that permanently. It's just nice to feel feminine every now and then.

I think she might just be scared of losing her "boyfriend"? Idk :/

I suppose that I'm in a similar situation as well. Even though my wife is very open minded and liberal, we're still taking things slow. It can be a big adjustment for any relationship and I don't want to overwhelm her. Hopefully one day I'll be able to sit on the porch with her, en femme, and enjoy a glass of wine. It might just take some time. Best of luck though, Becca.

Silver Member
    Good for you Becca, for having someone that is (somewhat) receptive of your feminine side! Continue to communicate and ALWAYS be that "special guy" in her life -whenever she needs him! CDing is IMO more than just "heels, bra, and panties"! Understandably it is new & exciting time for both of you, but try to keep her involved with Becca. Perhaps if she saw some of your wardrobe/makeup, and what style you prefer to wear, she may suggest different items, colors, or give you tips on how to be more "natural looking" in your presentation. Ask her what her comfort zone is in all this and hope she will continue to be accepting. Enjoy.

The Mad Scientist
    Becca,

You really need to strengthen your relationship and be sure to be adding far more than you take back. If you put the SO first, the rest will fall into place nicely - especially over time.

I've been to Iowa many times and it's a bipolar type of place. A few larger cities and the rest quite rural. I have found the people friendly but for the most part to a limit (if your car breaks down - you instantly get a hand...but don't dare ask for their name/number).

Acceptance for out of the ordinary is not near what it is in larger areas of the US.
    We folks in rural areas have a harder time with this aspect.

On the lighter side,
    If things go well for you and your girlfriend.....as with my SO of many years....

My SO is very accepting in fact, I would say I have just about total acceptance.
    We work and learn about each other daily and this sharing makes things stronger not weaker.
    Communication, truth, and clear expectations are key though.

Just today we went shopping for Wendy and she helps and tries on the selected clothes....wow how cool is that? It was consignment - so prices were great and her girlfriend got 5-6 new things....can hardly wait for bed myself.

Thanks for the replies, everybody! She's from Indianapolis, and is very accepting of the gay community. I feel like if I were dating someone from my hometown, they wouldn't be accepting at ALL. Like Wendy said, very rural.
    I'll just continue to take things slow, be respectful, and give more than I take, and hopefully we'll eventually be at a mutual comfort level. Great advice, Gals! Thanks again

Why don't you all invite your SO's to read this forum? Are they disinterested? They could be reassured from reading that the percentage of those CDs who eventually decide to be TS are not that great. At least it seems they're not very high.

http://www.fanforms.com/contents/en-us/d26.html
    http://www.tgforum.com/wordpress/ind...e-ii-report-3/
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

GG Married to a MtF TS
    First off..I wanted to say that the one thing I have learned throughout this journey is that everyone is different....they all have different expectations and different reactions. On top of that, I have had different expectations and different reactions depending on my mood. With that being said here is my take on the subject. The more I learn about the CD community and the more my SO communicates with me in regards to his needs and desires, the more supportive I find myself becoming. For me, there has to be a level of trust. I know that people can change over time, but if my SO tells me that he #1 doesn't ever want to go out in public dressed and #2 that he will never want to transition....then I have no other option but to take that at face value. Everyone is different. Everyone has different hard stops. Those two things are mine. Next, we have grown "together" in our understanding. If you have had a lot of experience and she is new to this, then it will benefit you greatly to take it slow. Be patient. I find that I am much more accepting when I can assist in the process. We shop together for "her". I give advice etc... When I feel involved and included it's not as scary to me. My husband started with panties. This was no big deal for me to accept. He then progressed to lingerie type items....then hose.....then bras....heels....dresses...skirts...and most recently forms and wigs. All of this took 7 years...lol. I'm not saying that it will take you that long, but frankly he didn't know he was a CD himself I am actually attracted to "her" forms and all which scares me a little, but it's true. I am not sure that is true for everyone. It would be difficult to find the whole thing a turn off and I'm glad that I don't have that issue. Communication is key. Let her be in control. If she says, "not tonight", then you need to be supportive of that. In all fairness she is with you because she was attracted to you as a man. To then ask her to be okay with you dressed as a female can be quite a mind screw. Patience and honesty are key.

Platinum Member
    Tell her how you feel...the incompleteness of being without wig, breasts and make up. She doesn't have to agree, but she needs to at least know not only what you prefer, but also where you would like to go with your dressing. Her level of acceptance of these too may evolve, but it will be easier if she understands your feelings, just as you show that you understand hers.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt