Thread: Out and well.... Out

Gold Member

Out and well.... Out

That time in my plan came and I was able to stick to it. Yesterday I was ready to post to "Steve's" Facebook. Of course I was up early, but that is getting to be a habit anyway. First thing I always do is text my oldest daughter to chat. After talking about a couple of things, I ask her if she is ready and she says yes. So I flip over to my browser and paste in my prepared post and I was hit with those ole emotions. After a few kleenexes and deep breathes, I hit the post button and the magic started. I heard from family, current friends, Army friends, high school friends, and best friends growing up. They were all fantastic. It was a day to remember for me. Many called me Sue in their posts and multiple offers of us getting together since it had been so long since we seen each other. The surprise was a private message from one that I thought would be a goner. He started with "Boy are you going to be one ugly B*". Then he poured the love on. That helped me know my world was right. I can do without the joke again. The truth hurts. Now I do realize the reality is that some opinions might change once they have to be physically with me, but you can't have a better start.

So today was work. I started with my Manager. I had to explain what being Transgender means, but he is a very kind and level headed guy, so we had a great talk. He even brought up the reality of social transition before I got to it. He then set us up immediately to go see my Director, who I work closely with a lot. That was only about 15 minutes, but went quite well too. We have been through 4 layoffs in the last year and a half and the subject came up. He stated "I will not allow any of my people to be laid off for who they are". Then it was on to HR. We have a system that groups have a specific representative, so I saw him and had never met him before. After shaking hands and sitting down, I started explaining what I was doing. As soon as I said I was transitioning, he congratulated me. Then he started getting notes on my wishes. He then started asking me how I wanted to communicate this to everyone. I said I will wait until he tells his bosses. We have 3000 people in our division, so it is better led by them. Our talk lasted all of 10 minutes. All three were good with my desire to take the 6th and 7th of October off and come in on the 8th for the first time. Ironic that the 7th is my 25th wedding anniversary. Maybe she will do another 25 with Sue.

So I believe I have navigated all my preliminary gates and I couldn't have asked for it to have gone better. There is absolutely more, but I am on cloud nine for now. It looks like I will focus on name changes and start the social transition outside of work. Next week my daughter flies in for a convention for a side business we do. I will be seeing almost all of those people as the true me for the first time. We also have a formal event the first night. Ride the wave while it is going good as you never know when the wave will flatten out.

Just sit back, relax, and enjoy your cloud nine for the time being. Sure there is still lots to do, but you earned this feeling of elation and well-being. What you have done is no small thing. And I guess it's a little late now to try to take it all back now, right?! Lol! Well done, my friend. Very well done! :-)

Congratulations. Now you can live authentically.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

I'm smiling from ear to ear reading your post. God bless you on this new chapter in your life! Enjoy it!
    Thankful for crossdressers.com, great people here have helped me realize who I really am on the inside. (formerly michelle1)

Congratulations on a very big step. Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful news Sue, I am so happy for you!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Banned Read only
    Congratulations on taking a huge step. Dreams do not just come true, you have to make them come true and you are doing that. Now the real work begins. Strap in and enjoy the ride.

Silver Member
    Big day! Congrats Sue. I'm sure it all feels really good right now and you should enjoy it.

Aspiring Member
    wow just amazing. Congrads Sue such a huge milestone in the journey
    Professional thread killer.

Elegance Personified katie elouise's Avatar
    After having read your post I am smiling almost as much as you , that's fantastic news I am genuinely overjoyed for you very well done . Looking forward to an update after the 8th of October Katie x .

Congratulations Sue! I am always encouraged by the positive outcomes that I see more and more. Enjoy!
    Sally

What a wonderful, heartwarming post. Thank you, and congratulations.

Gold Member
    I really believe times are changing. That doesn't mean that there isn't negative out there, just that if we are real with everyone, the acceptance level is higher. It is very encouraging and I am blessed by loving family and friends and fortunate in that I am benefiting from those that came ahead of me and paved paths. I don't want to forget any of those things.

That is a great outcome Sue! You can't ask for better than that.

Congratulations and godspeed Sue. Reading your account makes me want to cry tears of joy for you!
    Namaste
    Live, love, laugh,

Donna

https://www.facebook.com/donna.jbrack

Untitled
    Congratulations, I hope that the rest of your journey is as smooth as today
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Sue
    Congratulations! I am very happy for you. I know how hard this is. I am out most everywhere except work. It helps to see other people going through it. Best of luck!
    Suzanne

Congratulations, Sue! I'm so happy to hear that all's going well.

Hugs,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Thank you for sharing. It's nice to hear good news, hope you can post much more of it on your journey.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

The Mad Scientist
    So happy for you Sue

Platinum Member
    It's so encouraging to see the kind of support you have earned from family, friends and business associates. It seems that your careful, patient process has worked well for you.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Congratulations, I'm so happy you had such a positive experience.