Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Frequency of posting

Reality Check
    Sometimes it's just the "same old same old" and I don't feel like posting the same response again. Sometimes a response or a PM leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I don't feel like contributing for a while. I do have a different attitude about this forum than I did when I first started here.

I come here because I like to read about others like myself.

I don't post much because I don't have anything to say.

Vieja

For me, I like to read more. I come here quite often and enjoy reading (listening) the different topics of what is going on in everyone's lives. Sometimes it is fear that I don't comment and sometimes the topic though interesting, I don't really have anything more to add to it.

Lately though, the friends in my life that know of my under dressing has encouraged me to become more vocal or reach out more. They see and understand that I need more like minded people in my life and are supporting me in sharing my feelings more.

@--}----

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels;
    One easy guess is that they get their feelings hurt when they get their hand slapped and throw in the towel more or less. All Forums can be mysterious places at times.
    Probably some for sure. I just remembered when I was younger and was made fun of for getting in the wrong lunch line, or something like that. I realized that the "cool kids" we're just jerks, though. Here, I suppose it's for efficiency, although it's about the same as gamer forums, without being called gay.

Being here gives me a form of companionship, kindred spirits. I would like to move fully out of the closet but I feel that with my personal circumstances as they are at present the risks to my relationships with my SO and kids is too precious to risk. OK yes by dressing covertly I run the risk of exposure but I think it's a balanced one. Being able to share different folk's experiences and to offer mine even if they're recurring gives me support and I hope I add to the journeys of those more at the beginning to their personal discovery.
    Yep I'm sure newbies could search for a lot of the answers they seek in existing posts. But having someone respond to you makes you feel far less alone so if by adding my pennies worth I contribute to that then I'll keep posting/replying.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Yes, I'm pretty much in and out with the forums. I've just recently got back with crossdressers. I get bored like any other human. But as usual, I'll be back. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I visit the site every day. Im a reader not much of a poster.

I just feel if I have nothing to contribute to a particular thread, I don't respond, unlike others that feel they must.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Simple really. If I feel something I post may help someone maybe I go ahead. If not then I don't.
    ^this. Couldn't have said it better myself. I have a lot of free time, and doing this doesn't cost anything, unlike some of my other past times, which border on insanely expensive.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    ^this. Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Ditto for me.

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

Banned Read only
    After 7 yrs I have read and posted as much as a could. Life happens and circumstances change. I went through some really hard times, Lost my wife (not due to my gender) we just grew apart and she was looking for someone else to take financial advantage of. The economy took its toll on me and lost everything I had. Became homeless living on a cobblestone street corner, then came the protests, especially Dove World Ministeries (you know the ppl who burned the Quran. I went head to head counter protesting them, as they protested against PRIDE-FEST. and no Homo Mayor. Gainesville Fl. Met a S.O. who accepts me and allows me to become who I am. sooo. Im back.

There is no greater zealot than the recent convert. When I first embraced this side of myself and revealed it to my wife, I wanted self-affirmation and was a constant poster. Now I will go for a few months (usually when I stop dressing) just to stop thinking about it and distance myself from the urge. Right now I am ramping up in anticipation of dressing again during the Winter months. I will resume my "Heel of the Week" thread soon, and hopefully have some nice "fashion shows" with my lovely wife, where she agrees to pics together.

Cheers to sheers,

Shibumi

I find the social interaction is good here.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

If the topic is interesting, then I'll engage. Really though, I don't care what you are wearing just now, or whether you prefer pantyhose or stockings!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    The problem with forums is that they are forums! Lots of people talking. Lots of people trying to get noticed and or validated.

This site alowed me to admit to my self and to say that i loved to wear woman's clothing. I was amazing to me that there areso many of us out there. Even here I am afraid of opening the closet door. It took me a long time before i would show myself . Like others i look for topics of interest, even here iam looking to blend in not stand out..

Nondressing CDer ReluctantDebutant's Avatar
    I would like to reply to more post than I do. There are a few really good threads out there. Despite my interest in the topic I find a lot of times I don't have anything interesting to add.

I check in most days and read some posts but very rarely reply unlessI have something relevant to say that hasnt already been said. My wife has known all along about my CDing and is perfectly in agreement with it so I have no experience of the problems of those trying to dress in secret hence no advice. I also find that lately on most of the CD forums there are more and more TG/TS girls, as purely a crossdresser perfectly happy with both my male and female sides I dont think Im qualified to comment on TG/TS questions.