Thread: Weird?

Weird?

Spotted on Facebook "Every family has one weird relative. If you don't know who it is then it's probably you"

I guess from the point of view of those who aren't weird, it must mean in my case that I'm the weird one.

I would like to think that rather than being weird I'm just different. A bit like when I used to skydive (but then that would be regarded as just being adventurous).

It sounds too much like the old poker adage, "if you look around the table and can't find the patsy, then you're it". I'm not convinced it holds true here.

I can relate, but, really, everyone in my family of origin, is very odd, different, or weird. but dressing makes me even more different.

In my family I'm often considered one of the least weird! (mostly joking. but most of my family is pretty cool, some with their own quirks. it's all good.)

The Mad Scientist
    Facebook. I rest my case.

My SO is so into it she quit watching the local news and mostly gets her updates off it.
    I refer to it as 'the paper' as in the tabloid reference in "so I married an axe murderer".
    Love that movie.

Have you considered we are not the 'weird' ones with the hang ups? The rest of society is.

I saw a bumper sticker once that read "Everyone is someone else's weirdo!"

I excel at being "weird". And if you think you have me figured out, guess again!
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hi,

How about being weird by birth at birth and after see mine is changed and writen down by our govt deptments and its official .

Oh well cant all be the same now can we....

...noeleena...

Wierf is a matter of perception.

To close minded people crossdresser, transsexuals, gay etc. People are considered weird.

But in my opinion those people are weird since they can't accept that everyone is different and that mother nature is extremely diverse. For example gay behavior has been found by many animals, and male mexican molly fish often have sex with males to attract females. Also all female clownish are transsexuals.
    do not label me for i am unique

My point of view: If weird would be "abnormal", then I believe theres nobody who would be completely normal (maybe on the outside, but on the inside? doubt it). Now, knowing this, I was left with two options - either everybody is weird, or noone. The second one feels more positive. Because, whose right is it to decide what is weird?

And this is where AlanaGs bumper sticker comes into play You have the right to decide for yourself what is weird for you. You dont have the right to call anybody that word.

Really, everyone's weird, just in different ways. (well, everyone except me)

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I guess I'm the weird one, I don't have facebook. Really though weird is a matter of perception, I had a friend in graduate school who was from another country and we talked one day about how weird he found us in the USA and how weird we all found some of the things he did. I do remember when I was younger thinking how weird I must be because I wanted to wear girls clohes and act more more girly. Now I think the things I did to counteract that are a lot weirder than just doing it.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

The fact that I crossdress IMO makes me less weird. After all, crossdressing is now known to be quite normal, if still relatively rare. Thinking of all the other weird things i do, and my family does... don't even think of calling my crossdressing weird.

As said above weirdness is relative. For me, I'm not weird--I'm different, and I'm allowed to be different.

Jodi

I like being different.. but truthfully, I don't believe anyone thinks I'm weird..
    Now if I were to show up at work wearing a skirt, I might get a few stares..
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

Aspiring Member
    I like being perceived as wierd. It keeps away the staunch straight-laced narrow minded back-stabbing bigots and phoney friends. Instead it brings me real friends who love me the way I am. I don't know how many know about my ahem, "hobby" but there are plenty who do and never say a word or they just blow it off and still remain friends. For the rest, they've missed an opportunity to have a great friend.

Cheryl

Yeah I would say i'm the weird one out of my family alright, i'm cool with it

Only one???

Quote Originally Posted by LelaK View Post
    Is anyone as weird (officially) as these?:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=weir...ml%3B640%3B413
    Too funny! "I wear a PORK-YOU-PINE on my head"
    Thanx!