Thread: First step at permanance

First step at permanance

So, it's been a while since i posted last, and that was in the crossdresser forum. Since then, I am now seeing a gender therapist, attending groups every two weeks, and have started laser on my face. I also quit my job, (I'm financially fine for a while) had a long time GG friend visit, and she took me out for a sephora makeover and mani/pedi. Seems like before my first appt with the therapist, thing were all hurry up and wait, and now everything is fast track. Not sure when HRT will start, something to bring up at my next session. With the laser though, it all finally seems real. The first thing Ive done in this process that there is no going back from. I know one treatment doesn't remove the whole beard permanently, but it does feel like I'm approaching or beginning to cross the point of no return, and I'm happy about it. I'm working on the whole coming out, to family at least, and drafted a letter. Haven't sent it yet, and read through/revise a couple times a week.

Any advice for someone this early, jumping in with both feet?

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Sounds like you had a great time with your friend and that you are taking positive steps to address your situation, but I'm a little surprised at quitting your job - especially if you may be about to embark on transition.

Although some of the stuff on tsroadmap.com may be a little dated, it is a good resource to help build your own road map for transition. But like with any plans, be prepared to be flexible and to see the plans evolve.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I find a lot of people are so quick to start transition after their first therapy session. It took me about 4 sessions to finally feel really comfortable and then it took another 7 months to finally get to the issue. I guess I was just slower than most others, although everything I am doing transition wise is carefully planned out.

The job thing was a long time coming, and with settlements from my motorcycle wreck, and inheritance from my father, I really don't need to have a job right now. There's still a large lawsuit in process right now, and depending on the outcome of that, I may not have to work ever. The timing for everything seems to be falling into place perfectly, so it's full steam ahead!