Thread: Femulating?

Femulating?

You learn something new everyday. Apparently cross dressing is very popular in Japan. They call if femulating. I kind of like the term. What say you?
    man, i feel like a woman

Banned Read only
    Cross dressing is no more popular in Japan than it is anywhere else. I've lived there. I speak the language and know the culture. Don't take one simple blurb from the internet and happy it so liberally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Cross dressing is no more popular in Japan than it is anywhere else. I've lived there. I speak the language and know the culture. Don't take one simple blurb from the internet and happy it so liberally.
    Well you would know. But it is an interesting term.

And, "Femulate" is the name of Stana's excellent and long running blog. She has been refining her look and style for a very long time and has used the term Femulate as a verb, noun, adverb, adjective, etc. or a very long time. You can find her at Femulate.org. Highly recommend.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Nope, I don't get it.

I have to think too much about it to figure out what it means.
    It doesn't jump out at me when I say it.

Heck, I couldn't figure out how to pronounce it to begin with.

Platinum Member
    There's been a femulate blog and website here in the states for quite a few years...google it and you'll see.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

To me, femulate feels like aLOT more accurate term to describe the actions I do regarding lady clothing a stuff.

I only lived there for eight years. I love the attitude of the Japanese of how women should dress, but do not remember cross dressing being popular at all. I got many strange looks! More than where I'm at now.

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

I invented the term up just after I got here a couple months ago, then my gorgeous friend Kate Haylette, pointed out that I didn't.
    Like I told her, most of my brilliant ideas are pre-stolen (already been done). Used it in my sig. anyway!! Is it plagiarism if you didn't know??
    CD? I'm never cross when dressed
    More like HF.. Happy Femulator. Julie's Flickr page
    Amateur/DIY Photos adjusted for exposure and white balance only, except to obscure background All rights reserved.

Konnichiwa, Jennifersan. O genki desu-ka?
    Joni

Having lived here for nearly 14 years I'd have to agree that it isn't any more common-place in Japan than it is anywhere else. I think cross dressing and cos-play get confused a lot in western circles. They definitely are more open towards costumes and I will say that they are more open to the notion of transgenderism despite being a VERY patriarchal society. There are a few TV celebrities that cross dress (i.e. Miss Mangrove and Matsuko Deluxe but the latter edges more towards being a drag queen) and theatres were women play every role (can't remember the name for it though) so you do see it a bit more than in western media. There's even a popular comedienne named Ai Huruna who is a fully transitioned MtF who has done a lot to lower barriers here as well. The Japanese still have a ways to go though, just like everywhere else.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Well *something* has to explain James from Team Rocket on Pokemon.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...9114/lol-1.png

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Femulating works for me. I've often used the term "emulating my dream girl" to answer that perennial question of whty I like to dress up.
    Last edited by Lynn Marie; 10-23-2014 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MariaOfCalifornia View Post
    Well *something* has to explain James from Team Rocket on Pokemon.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...9114/lol-1.png
    I'd have to look to James mom about the tutu.

There is an increasingly dominant influence of the mother on Japanese kids. The dads are usually working long days and do their side of the parenting on Sundays. The moms have begun to assert their own more fashionable and often feminine ideals on their sons (especially if they don't have a daughter) and the feminization of the young boys here is a much stronger current here than in the west. Most Japanese men between 20-25 spend more time in front of a mirror than their female counterparts. Half of the fashion that is popular with young men right now would get most of the Canadian boys I know teased incessantly. I love that I can wear a bright pink t-shirt and socks with my jeans and have no-one bat an eye at me though.
    Last edited by Sarina Curtis; 10-23-2014 at 02:48 AM.

It doesn't matter what you call it. If you have fun doing it, that's the important thing. Let's not confuse the poor "label people" any more than we have to.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Anything goes in Japan!

Cd'in by any other name is still cd'in!!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Quote Originally Posted by cassandra54 View Post
    You learn something new everyday. Apparently cross dressing is very popular in Japan. They call if femulating. I kind of like the term. What say you?
    Why, crossdressing is very popular here in America, too; just read this forum, or go to one of the TG festivals and see. Perhaps take a walk in NYC during a gay pride parade, you'll see lots of crossdressers as we take the opportunity to blend in with the crowd. Does that make it 'very popular' everywhere here? NOPE. But you'd believe it was when you see that on TV news or read the threads here.
    Femulating. A rose by any other name.......
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Darling View Post
    And, "Femulate" is the name of Stana's excellent and long running blog. She has been refining her look and style for a very long time and has used the term Femulate as a verb, noun, adverb, adjective, etc. or a very long time. You can find her at Femulate.org. Highly recommend.

Rhonda
    An excellent blog by a really lovely lady!

The blog does make interesting reading but it is mostly cos play I think.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.