Thread: No longer an OUTLAW!

Smile No longer an OUTLAW!

Yesterday after what seemed at times like an eternity, I finally received my prescriptions for my Spironolactone, im EV , and Finasteride. I had been self medicating (overseas internet pharmacy) and according to my levels from the lab work at the correct dosages. But it feels so good to know what my levels are!

Best part was when I went to the pick up window at the VA to get my meds, I handed the tech my ID and she looked at it and said "Is he here with you or are you on the list to pick up his prescriptions for him?" With an incredibly wide smile I responded "That is ME". She said "Oh I'm so sorry, you're so pretty". With an even bigger smile and almost a tear in my eye I said " Thank you, you just made my day"!

I would have never believed I could be this happy, but I am.
    Namaste
    Live, love, laugh,

Donna

https://www.facebook.com/donna.jbrack

Glad to see you have started on a positive note ! i hope it all gets better from here
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Happy for you!! I hope you keep making great progress!!

Gold Member
    I am glad you are on a regulated regime. And you can only love reactions like that. I just got one from a pharmacy tech who thought I was my wife. Warms your day.

That's such an awesome reaction when I went to pick up my prescriptions they wouldn't give them to me until agreed to talk with the pharmacist. A ten minute lecture on "are you sure you want to do this" later and I was finally in my way.

Hmm, must be different up here in Canada, I have picked up highly controlled prescriptions without issue for somebody else. As for Aimee20, I would report the pharmacist, obviously you have gone through the channels and its not the pharmacists job to lecture you, thats for the mental health professional, and they don't lecture. This is what bothers me and I really hope you do report that Aimee. What happens next time somebody with the same condition goes and doesn't start, even thought they are able to?

In my case Van, it's VA policy to scan your ID to assure the right person is getting the medication. And "down here" when I pick up two of my wife's prescriptions that are controlled substances I have to show my ID. And because of the crystal meth epidemic down here we have to show our ID to buy pseudoefedrine.
    Namaste
    Live, love, laugh,

Donna

https://www.facebook.com/donna.jbrack

Gold Member
    I agree. It is a legal responsibility of the pharmacist to ensure that you are not having interactions with other meds and that you understand what they are suppose to do and the side effects. Even when I pick up simple prescriptions, a pharmacist walks over and asks if I have any questions and enters something in the computer and walks away. So in general he is doing his job. HRT is a long subject, so 10 minutes is hard to tell. But he shouldn't be excessive and judgemental.