Thread: Six-Month Update

Six-Month Update

My body has changed significantly during the six months since I started HRT, but mainly I just love how I feel inside now. Getting to be myself every day is a wonderful feeling, and the person I am becoming makes me happy and proud. I’ve stepped away from the late-night scene, and instead of buying cocktail dresses and spending two hours on my makeup, I wear simple clothes and paint my mug in fifteen minutes. I can even wear a dress to church or around my kids now, although I avoid wearing things that make me feel uncomfortable, because then I become self-conscious and less confident. There have been challenges, for sure, but often I just stare in the mirror and smile that all this is really happening, finally!
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

Congratulations!! and wishes for continued success and happiness. I assure you it continues to get better, I just passed my one year mark and despite other issues I really enjoy life much more and look forward to each and every day. I also agree that the mental peace is priceless. You look fabulous!! Hugs.

Thanks for the happy update!
    Talisker because i like the taste and dont need another name or personality but needed some letters (numbers arent allowed on here). Found out later its a rare mans name on a small scottish island.

Sexually attracted to things with human female characteristics - Talisker, GGs, CDs, cheetara etc.
    Male things can be useful a CD accessory and for drinks or currys, directions and lifting stuff.

Congratulations Ashley I am really happy for you that you are finally feeling great about yourself and bringing congruence between body and mind in your life. I wish you many blessings and lots of prosperity and happiness in your future.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Platinum Member
    Something you wrote reminded me of a really old country song...'A Satisfied Mind'...I had to look it up. It was a hit for Porter Wagonner in the mid 50s, but covered several times later. I thought, Ashely's got a satisfied mind. That's as good as it gets!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

So happy for you Ashley! Please stop in more often if you can and keep us up to date?
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Good to hear you are going well Ashley, and that you're healthy and happy. Keep taking care of yourself and the people you love.

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Like you while I appreciate all of what this has doe for me the peace in my head is what I appreciate the most.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

I am so glad that you have smoothly transitioned with your young daughters now..That is huge,as I see it.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Great news. Thanks for the update.