Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone changing how they dress or evolving.

Anyone changing how they dress or evolving.

In the past, I would always wear hose and a slip with a dress. There's been a few posts about this and I've put my two cents in. But, I wear shorts and capris sometimes. Recently, when my girlfriend was getting ready to go home for the day, she suggested I put my dress back on. Which I did, minus the garter belt, hose and slip. It was kind of fun.

So since I got this awesome pedicure today with flowers on my toes, I've decided that when we go out tomorrow, I'm wearing a dress with no slip or hose. Got to show off the flower.

The thing is, I think that's how a lot of GGs would dress, especially in Arizona. I think it's going to be fun. Don't get me wrong, I still love wearing garter belts, hose and a slip, but I think this is kind of an evolution of how I dress. I'm even looking forward to shopping trips and such wearing shorts or capris.

Are any of you changing how you dress?
    man, i feel like a woman

I started of wearing sissy dresses years ago and slowly upgraded to clothes that make me pass out in public. Now I wear clothes that make me look the best I can and I have a handful of sequins gowns and headpieces that scream Drag Queen look.... I wear them out to special events. I have a big event coming up in 4 weeks, its a masquerade ball!
    Here we go!!

Here in FL. no GG's or very few wear hose. Female clothes
    feel good, be they fancy dress or capris.
    Char

Banned Read only
    My evolution is more to do with being caught ! As much as I enjoy wearing short skirts, maid dresses or even a bit of PVC ! I tend to wear clothes that pass for everyday wear, I look and feel acceptable if caught out !
    Wearing heels without stockings is harder on the feet and I love slips too much not to wear them, but I can't see me wearing any style of women's trousers when I've worn drab ones for so long !

Reality Check
    If you want to pass or blend, not stand out as a crossdresser, you will dress like the genetic women do for that time and place. Few women wear stockings and garter belts, few women even wear panty hose unless they work in a formal office or mid to high end retail store. Even dresses and skirts are rare in some areas.

You don't have to take my word for it, go to the mall, go to the park, go to the downtown business area and observe for yourself whay women are wearing.

Platinum Member
    I moved to Texas..Houston, some 15 years ago. I quickly learned that stockings were simply intolerable in hot humid weather. These days I seldom wear stockings or thighs between April and October for that reason.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hi,

for us over here most women wear jeans or pants - slacks , and a few wear skirts like i do, most days , My style has not changed in over 12 years , just different skirts and head wear ,

Im now making some more skirts they are long as i normaly make them and i can wear them for our different groups ,my friend wears more Gypsy style and does sell a few i like the colours and they suit my body shape and how i look , some of the tops i quite like though not brought any as yet , so i ,ll make some of those as well ,

For us we do stand out so not all of us are as said blend in or pass as thats not what we are about, we are women and we are like my friend different in our style and how we present our selfs,

What i do know is people do like to see us for who we are , and get lovely comments ,

...noeleena...

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    As far as I can tell, you either evolve or die. Just as fashions change with the seasons, my styles are continually changing as friends introduce me to new ideas. I embrace the phrase that "Variety is the spice of life".

As far as hosiery goes, unfortunately my legs show the wear and tear of years of joyful use so stockings are this girls friends. Besides, there's just nothing sexier than a nylon covered thigh on a cool night in full flirt mode!

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    As far as hosiery goes, unfortunately my legs show the wear and tear of years of joyful use so stockings are this girls friends. Besides, there's just nothing sexier than a nylon covered thigh on a cool night in full flirt mode!
    Pleased to see I'm not the only summer 'hotie'. Sadly damage from a DVT requires compression stockings so stand out in summer I must. Fortunately they come ultrasheer these days. Oh and another rule I break, is I wear sandals with stockings in summer.

When I lived up north, I wore thigh highs. But down here in the south? Only in the winter. But part of my trouble with nylons of any sort, is that I've had three knee surgeries on my left knee, and due to the white-streak scars, it looks like they have runs in them...sigh...

And as far as evolving, I have recently put most of my pink outerwear away, and have gone to much more age-appropriate colors. That was partly inspired by my wife who gently said: "You never got a chance to be pretty in pink when you were young, so I understand that phase Honey, but it's time to grow up now":-)

Jaye
    Last edited by JayeLefaye; 09-16-2014 at 08:56 AM. Reason: I mispelt "runs" as "nuns", and that would just be weird
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

I am leaving pantyhose in favor of stockings and High thights. I am not purging my pantyhose, except for the pairs that have flaws.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Absolutely my tastes have changed.
    When I was still in the closet and had but one outfit it of course had to be ultra-femme. Sexy dress or skirt and blouse, the sexiest lingerie, seamed hose, strappy stiletto heels and of course trashy makeup. Now that I have a closet full of clothes and go out a lot I have everything the average woman does in her closet and wear what I'm comfortable in and what fits the occasion. I'm so much happier now being able to make that very feminine statement...."I don't have a thing to wear"...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Yes. I'm actually developnig a fashion sense. I'm also starting to wear brighter colors than before. Also, I dress to blend, not for thrills.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I've gradually figured out what styles look best on me, how to do my makeup reasonably well and settled on a hairstyle. My dressing is still all or nothing (dress-hose-heels-wig-makeup) ...

Oh yes - at first when I got a selection of clothes they tended to be quite extreme (short skirts, stockings, very large forms, very high heels) but it's evolved to getting much more comfortable clothes that just feel good to wear. And I'm not one who ventures into the open - so it has nothing to do with passing. I think "less thrill and more relax" over time.

I think one big influence upon my dressing has been the internet and the growth in on-line shopping. Early in my journey what I got to wear was mainly stuff destined for the charity shop/jumble sale. That meant things that were usually going or gone out of fashion and also any skirts acquired at one time may not be a match for the top acquired 6 months later. Also sizing could be an issue especially shoes.
    Now I'm able to choose items that will a) Fit, b) Match, c) Be this seasons age appropriate fashions. So all in all I've become more discerning, learning by GG watching and taking the sound advice of folks here about situation appropriate dressing. Underwear is functional, there to make the outer garments fit properly and hence look right. I have worn suspenders and stockings but hold ups are easier if the weathers warm and when visiting the ladies room! Next challenge is to age gracefully.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I came late to the party (I'm in my mid 60s) and have only realized that I am a crossdresser in the past year or so. With the help of a wonderful, accepting, and supporting wife, I have begun to acquire a no-compromise wardrobe typical of women in my area and age.

"No-compromise" does not mean it is high cost or high fashion. Women in this area seldom dress that way. I mean that the style exactly matches my self-image.

It will be interesting to see if my self-image and style evolve over time.
    Quarterly TG Invasions: TgDetroit.com
    Facebook: MsVal Bralt

I've toned down some since I started, was pretty exaggerated at the start. I think a more conservative look has helped my wife be less intimidated, especially more sensible shoes, and in turn she is helping with shopping and make up more, which is evolving it even more, but I still love to be as feminine is a can, just less trashy, even if a little trashy is fun now and again.

Silver Member
    I think one's tastes may change with time, but I wouldn't say one way of dressing is more "evolved" than another. Someone who chooses to wear hose is not less "evolved" than someone who chooses not to wear hose.

What an interesting topic! My dressing has evolved in the following ways: a) I think about dressing less than I used to in my younger days -- perhaps my hormones were raging more back then; b) my dressing style is more more passable, less glitzy and less fetish (not as interested in frilly little girl dresses or sexy lingerie); c) I have put my dressing in perspective and do not feel that angst about my transgendered status as much; d) in drab, I am more "elegant" looking and more "softer" as a man.

So, there we go!
    Some boys just can't help acting like girls...

My pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayatoronto/

I've spent the summer walking in the woods, wearing sandals, a thong, and a short sundress. About as bare as you can get. Feels really good. I suppose I'll get into the stockings, bra, and dresses and wigs, now that fall is here. But I sure enjoyed feeling the warm summer breeze, pretty much all over.

The Mad Scientist
    I think my dressing is slowly evolving ...towards the more casual.

While I still associate dresses and hose with pretty...I like the jeans and a nice top too.
    My last set of pictures in the gallery start to reflect this trend.

I've changed a few things, actually I've changed heaps.
    The height if the heels I wear has gone sky high, skirt length has gotten shorter, I have a bit more confidence too, that might have been from my 2 years of dressing Instore in front of other women.
    Ive also got a refined side, you get that when the clothes you're trying on are $200 dresses.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Maybe this is a typical path in that when starting I went for sexy mini dresses and heels but they were a bit impractical around town.....
    Talisker because i like the taste and dont need another name or personality but needed some letters (numbers arent allowed on here). Found out later its a rare mans name on a small scottish island.

Sexually attracted to things with human female characteristics - Talisker, GGs, CDs, cheetara etc.
    Male things can be useful a CD accessory and for drinks or currys, directions and lifting stuff.

I'm sure this is similar for many of us who discover this weird and wonderful place... Even this relatively anonymous and closed world offers new perspectives and other opinions compared to the bemirrored and solo-sailing world of the closet dresser... so yes, I'm changing...

Impractical --> Practical
    Totally glam --> Subtly glam
    Discordant --> Coordinated
    Too young --> Age... a-little-bit-not-quite-so-young-but-still-not-completely-appropriate-but-wtf-you're-not-my-mum-anyway...
    Highly muggle radar reflective --> Blending radar absorptive... (not including gold leggings... )

And in a detailed way (because details are the small cues that we all pick up on that trigger male/female; young/old; trashy/tasteful) I have learned a bit about:
    Jewellery
    Accessories
    Nail care
    Self tanners
    Make up

and that all these things make a difference...

But I'm still dressing for an occasion....

... now I just need to find what that occasion is...

Katey x
    Last edited by Katey888; 09-18-2014 at 07:28 AM.
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta