Thread: Hormone Shots

Elizabeth Anne Parsons ellieparsons's Avatar

Hormone Shots

Yesterday i had my HRT appt with my doctor, we decided on injections. The crappy part was when i went to get the scripts filled, they had everything except my estrogen shot vials, which i have to wait till this afternoon, then go back to the doctors to show me how to do the shots, this will be a long two days of waiting. The good part is that everything was covered by my insurance, just had to pay a small copay amount. But its finally happening and i've waited 33 yrs for this and i think i can wait another 2 days.

Congratulations, and the short wait will soon be history. On a similar note- When I finally got my scrip, I ran to WalMart pharmacy, elated. The pharmacist looked at the scribbles, and said 'I'm sorry, I can't read this, I'll have to call your Doctor.' Anyway, the Dr. couldn't be reached, and I had to wait til the next day. I always wondered how pharmacists figure out Drs. writing...sometimes they don't!

Congrats Ellie
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Elizabeth Anne Parsons ellieparsons's Avatar
    Had my first estrogen shot today, so the journey begins, super excited and cant wait for the changes to begin.

Ellie,

You may have soreness in your thigh after about the second day after the shot. That is what I experience. An acquaintance of mine who is injecting testosterone (he is a genetic male) has the same experience.

Johanna Anna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Congratulations Ellie! Please keep us posted on your progress!
    Thankful for crossdressers.com, great people here have helped me realize who I really am on the inside. (formerly michelle1)