Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there cds who really are just comfortable being cds and not transitioning?

Are there cds who really are just comfortable being cds and not transitioning?

Hi all:

I have a question for all of you. I have spoken to many many crossdressers over the years. I get the sense that many crossdressers would either: a) transition if they could, but cannot for various reasons; b) on their way to transitioning.

Are there crossdressers out there who really feel comfortable in just being a part time crossdresser with no desire to transition? I feel very blessed to be just a part timer with crossdressing fantasies and do not have that angst about taking things further. What about you?
    Some boys just can't help acting like girls...

My pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayatoronto/

I like to dress. the last thing I would want to be would be a woman

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I only felt one time back in my life I wanted to be a women and I finally understood that was not me.
    I enjoy being a man but I do love dressing in my pretty clothes in makup and all or not so I'm happy just dressing

Nice to hear! I find that so many tgurls are uncomfortable with their male persona. When I talk to them, they inevitably say that if they could, they would transition, but for some reason, they cannot. Yet, I have no restrictions to transitioning, but have no desire to live full time as a woman. Could it be that we want what we cannot have?

I've asked myself this question many times over the past 50 years. Yes, I would be interested to know what it's like to be a fully functional female. But in the end, if I could choose either way, I'd stay the way I am.
    Georgia (Gigi) Maine

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I am not a part time cross dresser. I am a full time gender non-conformist. Thus my argument as to why I am not interested in transitioning - I would be stuck in the same position. I would still be a gender non-conformist. I don't conform to the male gender, nor the female gender. I exist somewhere in the middle and am totally fine with it. I am of the believe that this is the way that I was born, and it is only up to me to accept it. If I accept it, it is irrelevant what anyone else thinks of me.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    CDs do not transition, CDs can dress full time but transitioning is for TSs.

I've thought about that a lot. I think if I had decided to do it it would have been in my 20s, probably too late now. All of the things that happen to a guy's body as he ages are not reversible now.

G

Banned Read only
    I think your original statement is way off the mark. Those few with whom you have spoken are in the great minority. Transsexuals do not finds excuses to not transition. They find ways to make it happen.

I have no desire to, nor have thoughts of, transition. I'm a guy. I like being a guy. I happen to also be a cross dresser. This is the norm.

Jennifer, I do believe you are right that transsexuals transition, and crossdressers do not. I attend my local trans social group, I have been to the Southern Comfort Conference and I talk to tgurls alot on the internet, and I meet alot of gurls who really don't see themselves as just garden variety crossdressers, like myself. They want more. And I find that amazing simply because I feel like there is no one like me who just says, "hey, I like to wear women's clothes and that's it". It is more than that for them -- they want to be women. But, I appreciate that there are folks here in this thread who seem comfortable in just being a crossdresser.

I am a crossdresser. For me, I have no interest in transitioning. Being a guy most of the time is fine.
    Stephanie

Let's keep this short, sweet and simple.

I'm a CD. The last 30+ years.. I have often wondered if I was a TS. Then I realised that I'm perfectly happy the way I am.. and thus concluded I'm not a TS.. and don't need to transition.
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Just a plain old CD who has done this for over 60 years. No desire, nor have I ever had the desire, to be a woman.

Jodi

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    I think your original statement is way off the mark. Those few with whom you have spoken are in the great minority. Transsexuals do not finds excuses to not transition. They find ways to make it happen.

I have no desire to, nor have thoughts of, transition. I'm a guy. I like being a guy. I happen to also be a cross dresser. This is the norm.
    I have to agree with Jennifer ... I think that the 'many' you have spoken are actually in the minority.

Speaking for myself, I am perfectly happy being a cross dresser. Would I like to be more open about it .. sure but society is the problem with the way we stereotype people!!
    Do I want to transition and become a woman .. hell no! I like the duality of my life. Sian allows me to be a softer more caring person who happens to dress in wonderful, beautiful clothes - her other half, like to get his hands dirty so to speak and deal with things typically related to masculinity.
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in HEELS!

Mine is a very peculiar case, I think. I have absolutely no plans to transition. But I want to dress as a woman and assume the fem role during intimacy, while my GG partner dresses as a man and makes love to me just like what a man does to his woman.

I'm good being myself if that's what you mean and that includes enjoying both modes which I would no doubt do regardless of plumbing.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I guess if you want to call me a CD, you can. I dress as much as I can, but I do love my male self. However if I woke up one morning and found that in the middle of the night, I mysteriously became a GG, that would be cool. I would consider transitioning if the found a way to transplant the bottom half of a woman into a man, therefore making him pretty much a GG. I know, sounds weird right?
    man, i feel like a woman

There is no way in hell I could dress daily, full time without some kind of reward, financial or otherwise.
    Does anybody feel like presenting decently, while amazing fun, is also very laborious when you have to get everything 'just so'?

Do not get me wrong here, I loves me some dress up time, but full time? Hormones? Transition? Boobs? SRS?
    Hell no, I like my boobs OFF when I go to sleep.
    Sleeping with long hair that I had to sort out in the morning?
    Have you seen how much good makeup costs?
    Slightly superficial look at things, but I have no idea how to get into the head of a transexual woman.
    Because I'm a crossdresser.
    CDs and TS are not the same thing.

No, I love girling it up, but I also love my guy life.
    Samantha -x-

Maya, I think what you are seeing is that the TS people are the ones who have to go out that way, that's who they are. The plain old garden CD is someone who likes to do it occasionally, and is often unable to explain why, so you don't see them. There are some who are driven to do it, but the great majority are in the closet, both for actually going out, and even for discussing it. Myself, I have got to a stage that I don't even consider crossdressing, I like to wear skirts, and sometimes hosiery. I like the comfort, and the feel, I like the way they make my legs look, I don't look like a woman at all.

I don't consider myself female, or even that feminine, I don't want to become a female.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Inside I'm a guy, always will be. Just prefer to look like a woman and feel pretty from time to time. No transitioning happening here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post

I have to agree with Jennifer also. I am very happy being a part time cd. I have had no interest in being a woman at any time. I just enjoy wearing fem clothes every so often.

Think the OP sample selection is not representative of the population.

Happy to be part time CD.
    Talisker because i like the taste and dont need another name or personality but needed some letters (numbers arent allowed on here). Found out later its a rare mans name on a small scottish island.

Sexually attracted to things with human female characteristics - Talisker, GGs, CDs, cheetara etc.
    Male things can be useful a CD accessory and for drinks or currys, directions and lifting stuff.

Strictly part-time here as well.. Have been CDing for close to 60 years, and not changing now..
    So glad I was able to find an accepting SO.. makes my like so much easier..
    If only we wore the same size clothes.. BUT, then she doesn't like my 'style'.. (long legs and short skirts)
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I have no desire to ever transition. I am very happy being a guy -- I just like to dress up now and then.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Just like Julie, and many others on this thread, I love being a transgendered guy who loves to both be a guy, and dress and feel like a woman on a part-time basis. I also believe we are the vast majority rather than the exception, Maya.