Thread: Here goes nothing. First time out in the daytime.

Here goes nothing. First time out in the daytime.

So even though I told my new girlfriend several months ago about my dressing, it wasn't until a few weeks ago that she actually saw me dressed. We went for mani-pedis one afternoon. I was still a little nervous about having the girl at the nail salon put color on my nails, so she just did clear. When we got back to my house, my girlfriend painted my toenails and fingernails. And I got dressed and did my makeup before that.

Makeup was still a problem. The foundation I used was not very good. She suggested I go to Ulta or Sephora, which I did on another day. I got a great match and it made all the difference in the world. She's been around me a bunch of times at home and she seems pretty comfortable, even when I kissed her and she got lipstick on her face. I'm never dressed when we're intimate, but we do cuddle before I get undressed.

We discussed going to a movie while I was en femme. She said that would be okay as long as I didn't embarrass her. Of course I wouldn't. Since she's off work a lot of weekdays, I thought it would be safe to go to an early show, so I could be home before people were returning from work or school. That was my biggest fear and not really rational. I know this because when I'm driving in the neighborhood, I wave at my neighbors and they don't even notice. I also know that is is so random that they would be out at the same time as me.

So Monday, we went for pedis once again. This time I said, "The hell with it." I had the gal put color on this time. And flowers on my big toes. And once again, she did my fingernails when we got back to my house. And of course, I got dressed and did my makeup before. We planned on going to the movies the next day.

She had an appointment Tuesday morning, which meant that if we went to the movies, it would be later in the day when people were coming home. I thought about it and was thinking maybe not. I was thinking of the same thing as before, going to an early show and coming home afterwards. And while still thinking about it and deciding what to do, I thought to myself "the hell with it"

I showered, shaved and put on a nice dress. No hose or slip, but a nice pair of slip-on sandals that would show off my toes. I thought I looked pretty nice and so off we went. I was going to stop at my bank to get some money for her so she could pay for popcorn and whatever else we needed at the theater. While driving there, we discussed going to Sephora, because she needed something and then she told me she wanted lunch. I wasn't planning on that, since we were going to have popcorn in the theater.

Once again, I thought, "the hell with it". I walked into Wal Mart, got my cash and headed off to lunch. We went to lunch at a busy restaurant at a crowned outdoor mall. It went pretty good. One couple in front of me looked at me, while we were leaving, but it was just a glance. Maybe I passed muster. We drove the theater, where she ordered our treats and we watched the movies. We started to drive to Sephora on the way home, but it was getting late.

I was still a little nervous about the neighbors seeing me. I told her I would check the mail later. She said she would get out of the car so I gave her the key to the mailbox. When I pulled up to the mailbox, there was no-one there. I told her to give me the key. It was very liberating to get out of the car, barefoot, toes painted with a cute ankle bracelet.

I learned that from her. She takes her shoes off when she drives. I did too. It was fun . And you know what? I felt pretty. Not beautiful, not gorgeous, just pretty. A nice dress, sandals, nice pedicure and an ankle bracelet to set things off.

It was a great afternoon. There will be many more to come. Last week we were talking about me buying more clothes, which I don't really need and I told her it was her fault. I told her it was like pouring gas on a fire. Yep, she's to blame. LOL. She told me to get my ears pierced, which I did, that was followed by a new wig, new breast forms and about 10 new tops.

It's one thing to go to Wal Mart at night. Going to a mall in the middle of a weekday is completely different.
    man, i feel like a woman

Hi Cassandra,

What a great experience for you - and what a wonderfully supportive GF you have... just be careful with that gas can...

Sometimes spontaneity is the right approach to life - it just can be very hard sometimes for those of us that plan...

Enjoy!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Sounds like you had a great time! You must have been (or perhaps still are) at such a high with all those endorphins rushing through your body!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Hi Cassandra,

That sounds like quite an adventure and very fulfilling. I wonder if how much easier it is when we have someone along side. Guessing that with company comes a bit less fear and doubt.

You both had a wonderful time and that's what matters.

Cheers...Jennifer

Sounds like a wonderful fun outing! Enjoy your time with your SO and be sure to give her an extra hug!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

The Mad Scientist
    Just remember you can wear anything to Walmart or ASDA.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy O View Post
    Just remember you can wear anything to Walmart or ASDA.
    "If you see a lady wearing a dress that is strapless and a bra that is not, you must be at Walmart". I know, huh? The only place I've been to before in public was Walmart. Everyone passes there. I even got "maamed" last time I was there. I think sometimes we dress better than GGs.
    man, i feel like a woman

How exciting! Wonderful that your gf is so open to everything. As for dressing better than GGs, my wife asked to borrow one of my skirts yesterday. I think that says enough

Angela xx

That is a wonderful girlfriend you have there. They are few and far between like that although I am reading more and more about them each day.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

"Here goes nothing"??? Cassandra, to quote John McE., "You gotta be kidding!" I'd say that you and your GF have lots going, and here's to lots more!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Sound like a wonderful time, and such a supportive SO.
    Way to go.
    Hugs