Thread: Shocked out of it but made a nice comeback

Aspiring Member

Shocked out of it but made a nice comeback

Back in 1984 I separated from my first wife who detested my crossdressing and even purged my things for me. I was devastated at the loss of a beautiful wig and several nice tops, skirts, dresses, and shoes. Believe me, it was traumatic. But that was her justification to stay married. Fast forward--

We did separate, I got a small apartment, and eventually divorced. I tried counseling to try to get rid of the CD demon in my head. But after awhile I slowly realized that I couldn't change who I am. You know they say you can't change the spots on a leopard.

After being abstinent (and miserable) for a few months trying to be the model male, I finally gave in. It was a Saturday night that I went to a nearby city. I threw all caution to the wind. In a typical department store I bought a 3-pack of panties and a pair of pantyhose. In another specialty shop I bought a nightgown. The excuse was that these were for my (non-existant) girlfriend.

When I got back I showered and shaved everything. And then I got dressed in my new things, comfortably watched some TV, and then went to bed. The most wonderful thing happened in the middle of the night. I woke up and sudenly realized what I was wearing. I wish I could describe the exhilirating feeling I had for a few minutes before falling back to sleep. It was heavenly!

Eventually I started dating my second wife and things just got better every day! Long story short. I gave her a key to my apartment. One day I came home to find a beautiful pink robe laid out on my bed. I almost cried. She still surprises me after she goes shopping!

Cheryl
    Last edited by Cheryl Ann Owens; 09-17-2014 at 01:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Wonderful story about accepting who you are. Probably something a lot of us can relate to.

Angela xx

Delightful story Cheryl - you have a wonderful wife...

We definitely are a spotty lot as leopards go... not many plain leopards here, it seems...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Aspiring Member
    Thanks Angela! After I wrote that I realized a couple things. 1) We can be miserable living up to the expectations or perceived standards of those around us and not truly living our lives in a way that brings us true comfort and satisfaction. I still maintian the responsibilites of life's demands.

2) Find the people who accept you the way you are. In this way some really nice loving things blossom. My wife knew before she married me. It's been bliss ever since even if we faced other life challenges. Her family and most of mine know about me. And it's not an issue for them. I do respect limits in many ways so as not to make them uncomfortable. My late father-in-law knew but still treated me well calling me his son.

I suppose this is all a part of growing experience we all may have no matter what our age. The ride has been great!

Cheryl

Thank you Katey! :-) Aside from leopards, collie dogs, beagles, and others wear unisex fur outfits. There's only one way to tell which team they're on. LOL!

Cheryl
    Last edited by Sandra; 09-17-2014 at 02:34 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts, please read the rules about mulitposting

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Wow. That is wonderful.

Cheryl
    Great story, and sounds like a wonderful SO.
    I know the smile on your face, a lot of us girls have it!
    Hugs

I can think of nothing better, nothing more satisfying, than unconditional love.
    Quarterly TG Invasions: TgDetroit.com
    Facebook: MsVal Bralt

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Awesome, Cheryl. Simply awesome.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I really enjoy reading your posts, Cheryl. I'm sure many of us feel inspired or at least like we can live vicariously through your experiences!

Such a nice ending. Thanks for sharing. Funny how things work out in the end.

Does she have any sisters?

Great story Cheryl, hope I can be as lucky as you.

Wonderful story Cheryl....thanks for sharing....made my day!

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

What a sweet story! You treasure that girl -- don't forget the flowers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Cheryl,
    You now have someone you should treasure.
    Take care of that rare gem.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.