Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ***could/would you stop for $10 million***

I have enough money, so no. Besides, I didn't start dressing because of money and I would not stop because of it. I do it because it completes me.

I wouldn't do it. I finally started to accept crossdressing as a part of me so I would'n't give up a part of me for money. Plus the urge to dress will always be there and I would definitely give in to it.

Quote Originally Posted by natcrys View Post
    Talisker, I can only politely disagree..

I'm halfway through the average male life expectancy. The only thing that really matters after you have enough money/income to take care of your basic requirements is whether you're happy and satisfied.

Sure, I sometimes dream of winning a couple of million euros in a lottery. Why? So I can do certain things I know I'd love.. but are out of reach right now.

However, like I said, for me personally, I'd be very persistently unhappy if I couldn't do my CD-related activities (dressing, shopping, experimenting with make-up, photography, videos, social life with my CD/TG/TS-friends, etc.).

Sure, a month of snowboarding in British Columbia or Alaska... or playing SRV-licks on a real vintage Strat... travelling the world... doing charitable things.. it will provide me with awesome happy moments.

But in the end,.. knowing I willingly put a restriction on a significant part of ME.. will in the long run still outweigh the happy moments I bought with the millions.

Everyone's different.. but I know what I would and wouldn't do.
    You can impolitely disagree as well if you want I dont mind
    I guess it depends how much a part of you CDing is, why you do it and what else you would do with the time and money.
    For me: I'd take the offer, resign at work immediately, move country and get involved with things I dont have the time for now. Plus to keep the mind active maybe start a small business and do some postgrad courses at University.
    Talisker because i like the taste and dont need another name or personality but needed some letters (numbers arent allowed on here). Found out later its a rare mans name on a small scottish island.

Sexually attracted to things with human female characteristics - Talisker, GGs, CDs, cheetara etc.
    Male things can be useful a CD accessory and for drinks or currys, directions and lifting stuff.

i'd probably think about if for a few hours, but I couldn't trust myself to go through with it.
    hugs,
    Trish

Quote Originally Posted by Talisker View Post
    Seriously I bet if someone showed up with a formal contract and 10 M USD in cash many of these answers would change and you would accept it if it were a real offer. All it would be is stop wearing the clothes. You can still shut your eyes and think whatever you want. You can have lots of fun with $10 M USD and hire lots of people to serve your every desire.
    Yes, it's easy to say no since this is hypothetical. If such an offer actually could happen most of us would quit dressing cold turkey!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I dont know what id do. Im trying to imagine the duffell bags full of money, and my wife and kids. That kind of money is a game changer.
    Id take the money, but would likely fail. It would gnaw at me not being able to dress. Id be busy but the urge would peck at me.. a death by a thousand pin pricks.
    I appreciate the question because it makes you realize how much CDing is a part of you. To sacrifice 10 million to keep doing it is telling.

Edit: im trying to frame a similar idea for GGs. Would it be you can only wear male clothing for the rest of your life? No makeup, no lotion, no nothing?
    Last edited by hope springs; 09-19-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Broke and happy is always better than rich and miserable. I could not stop even for that amount of money.

Platinum Member
    why must we pose these hypotheticals. Is there even a remote possibility that some reclusive billionaire might offer $10 million to test the resolve of a dedicated CDr. No.

Why not ask the real questions instead. Do you want to quit? Have you tried and failed? Have you been asked to quit? Have you been forced to quit? How did it make you feel?
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    why must we pose these hypotheticals. Is there even a remote possibility that some reclusive billionaire might offer $10 million to test the resolve of a dedicated CDr. No.

Why not ask the real questions instead. Do you want to quit? Have you tried and failed? Have you been asked to quit? Have you been forced to quit? How did it make you feel?
    1st if I can just answer yes to the hypothetical question, and in fact would take considerably less in fact if it was offered. Kimd, you do offer up good thought here, because it really is more about quitting, wanting to or not. having tried or not. These hypotheticals are a way I think of throwing something out there that would be a motive we otherwise do not have. Would it truly be successful if such an absurd thing was offered?

It has happened numerous times here and other boards I am sure where CDers made promises to wives and GF's that they would stop, and likely fully well meant it when they made the promise, but then later broke it, and in doing so ended up with a relationship or marriage that was also broken because of the broken promise.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Careful I bite <3
    Even with hypothetical, how would they know I stopped for life?

I'm probably one of the lucky few that knows how to combat the desire to crossdress by finding physical affection from women (not sex; affection; most don't understand the difference. Basically, you can give yourself an orgasm, but you can't give yourself a hug). However, without a partner, I have to 'buy' it; that means cuddling up with lap dancers, prostitutes or call girls, and that gets way expensive. So yeah, I could manage it for 10 million.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Platinum Member
    Hi Mikell, It just isn't going to work, This is just like the Mafia, You just can't QUIT!
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I recently turned close to 60, and I would definitely give up cd'ing for ten million. I have enough money to retire comfortably, so it wouldn't be my own comfort I'd be thinking about, it would be the fact that I could take that ten million, invest it, and turn it into enough money for my children and grandchildren to be able to survive in what is, increasingly, a more competitive and cut-throat world than the one in which I grew up. In my opinion computers, trade agreements, unchecked world population, global climate change, and worldwide muslim jihadism are going to make the 21st century a place where the middle class disappears, and being part of the working class is not going to be much fun.

What's the point of having $10 million if you can't spend it on skirts, dresses, high heels, ... ???

No. Money cannot make me change the fact that I have brown hair, my build, my preference for a brunette over blond, salt over sugar, T-bone over pasta. Give me the cash to do something, fine, but alter who I am, I'd have to say "No." You are wasting your money. So, I would not could not in a box, could not would not with a fox. This time you cannot sell green eggs and ham, this time you cannot sell then Sam-I-Am.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Way too hypothetical for me.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    I would have stopped for free if my SO had asked me to.
    She was the center of my life.

Easy. No problem. As a pleasure dresser, I can crossdress in my mind, and do it all the time.
    Now I turn the question around. Imagine our wives coming home and saying "I was approached with an offer to never dress as a woman again in exchange for 10 million dollars. Of course I turned it down because sometimes I like to get pretty and feel feminine." Our collective jaws would drop over our wives turning down such a huge amount of money over gender-specific clothing. (for some wives, accepting the challenge wouldn't require any wardrobe changes. haha)

The sillier the hypothetical, the less likely to get straight answers.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Not enough money. And if I tried I'd end up spending it on dresses and shoes.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    No way, money can't buy happiness. I have plenty of money and am only truly happy when I can spend time with my kids, grandkids, wife and myself especially when I'm Sandra Michelle.
    I want to be this girl!