Thread: What to wear what to wear?

What to wear what to wear?

In a few weeks my wife and I are taking a trip and I'm going out dressed for the first time. Mall shopping, mani pedi, and dinner. What to wear? For dinner I'd like a skimpy peplum dress with puffy sleeves, but that might be over the top. I have to wear a dress or skirt and heels. Otherwise, what's the point? Any suggestions?

Gwendolyn

Gwinnie
    when my wife and i go out i dress to blend in
    Mistyjo

It's hard to know what to suggest since I have no idea what you look like. Skimpy sounds over the top, but some members here could pull it off.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    The first thing I do when I'm in doubt about anything involving Tina is to ask my wife! In your case, my first instinct would be to ask your wife what she plans to wear! The answer will give you an idea of the overall idea of how to dress. If she is wearing jeans, a conservative top, and flats, you don't want to be out in heels and thigh highs with a LBD. I'm sure she will also be more comfortable if you are both in the same genre. My wife tells me that two girls going out for an evening would have the same discussion.

I agree. Find out what your wife is going to wear. I would not want to "upstage" my wife For me, it would be about fitting in....where are you going for dinner?? If some place really upscale that would require suit and tie for men, then LBD may be appropriate. Some place "more casual"?? Well then..."more casual" is what I would wear. I dress to blend. But, that is just me. I would think that you would want to be comfortable and confident in what you are wearing, so your call.

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Reality Check
    "What's the point?" Why not dress like a normal woman would dress for the time and place? Why stand out as a crossdresser and embarass your wife?

Dressing like a woman doesn't have to involve short, tight dresses and six inch heels. Like the others suggested, dress to the same level as your wife. And unless your wife is very tall, forget the heels. Towering above your wife cries out "crossdresser".

Silver Member
    I would ask your wife what she plans on wearing and then pick something comparable. Sure your body types may be quite different but if she is in jeans and you wear a cocktail dress it may get more attention then you and she may want. I follow the when in Rome adage. I agree that it will likely be the most positive experience for the 2 of you if you go for the blend outfit. If you will be shopping, getting man/pedi a dress may be very difficult to deal with as far as trying things on and hose won't work with the pedi. A skirt is another option and makes the fitting room easier as well as the pedi (just remove your hose before and wait till your toes are dry before putting them back on). Hose may become unnecessary if you can shave those legs.

Have fun and let us know what she suggests and how the night goes.

Depends on the mall and where you're going to eat.
    Around here I would stand out too much dressed as you suggested. I'm not out there to scream "Tranny, look at me". I'm there to shop and enjoy myself so I dress like all the other women, and that's just fine for me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I would have to agree with everyone else. Ask your SO what she is wearing and match it or at least something similar to it. I would have the same question though "what to wear?" I don't know if it is your first time or not but if it is I'm sure you want to go all out. Just let your SO know that. Hell if you want to wear a LBD to dinner let her know then try to make a plan on going dancing or something. Just my thoughts. I hope you have a great time!!!

Gwendolyn,
    Share this problem with your SO.
    Women do it all the time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Careful I bite <3
    The right type of skirt might blend in a lot more, while still fitting the bill for your femme You don't see too many party dresses around the mall normally.

You can get away with certain heels as well, but simple flats will probably blend better.

As for the dinner if you two girls want to take clothes to change...or wear something you buy you can definitely deck yourselves out a bit more.

Platinum Member
    Hi Gwinnie, Dressing to compliment each other is the key.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    To #1 key to "pass" is to blend with what all the other girls are wearing.
    You do the same.
    Have fun on your outing.

I agree dress to pass don,t do anything to outrages keep it simple
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo