Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many years?

Banned Read only
    It looks like I joined this site four years ago. I probably lurked for a year before that. I've been a cross dresser for over fifty years, although in the 1960's I thought I was not a cross dresser, but, "sick, disgusting, etc." Now? Well, I just like to wear women's clothing on occasion. I have never had a desire to transition. I am completely satisfied being a man. If I were not a man, there I would want to be a woman.

As to "group think," I believe there are too many men who throw caution to the wind and really upset the marital apple cart. "If he can dress in front of his wife, I can do that too!" "If he can get dolled up and go grocery shopping, then I can do it too!" There are many unique circumstances of which an individual has no knowledge. Yes, I've read too many postings here where the cross dressing has blown up a relationship with a woman because the man has asserted his cross dressing without taking into consideration the negative impact. Many of my posts/comments have been in the nature of caution.

I discovered this site in late 2013, and have been dresing sice the early 80s. I guess that means I was dressing 32 years before discovering this site.
    Tami Monroe, formerly known as hawkdoc60!

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I've been cross dressing since I was 5 so the first answer would be 59 years before I came to this site. I've been dressing in public since I was 30 so that makes it 34 years dressing in public before I found CD.com. I don't believe we brainwash each other. No more to say on that subject. I've always been this way and this site did not make me likely to dress more.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    I have been dressing since 1955 at the age of 5. By 10 yrs old I was full into makeup, lingerie, shoes and stockings. I believe I started on this site in 2010.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Ok, I'll bite.

1 Day. That's how long I was crossdressing before I came here. Why? Because I'm a nerd. The first thing I do when I think there's a problem or issue I want to understand better, I get on the internet and start researching.

Brainwashing? Yes! I was brainwashed into talking to my spouse right away about my feelings. Best. Brainwashing. Ever.

If anything it was anti-brainwashing/pinkfog. I was full of fluff when I arrived here, a newborn transgendered person with a starry-eyed dream of becoming the woman I should have been. The ladies here brought a heavy dose of reality. I still feel like I'm not a guy inside, but my desire to be my true self has been tempered with fear and cunning. Legitimate fear of the consequences of proceeding uncautiously and the cunning desire to be who I am and make the life I want to live.

My unprofessional diagnosis of the site: Working as intended.
    I'm through accepting limits
    'Cause someone says they're so
    Some things I cannot change
    But 'til I try, I'll never know!
    - Defying Gravity from Wicked

Platinum Member
    Hi WAH, I dressed for 62years before finding this wonderful site.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

A lady never tells. I've been CDing since I was a very, very young "girl".

Love,
    Lexi V.

I started crossdressing at around 12 and since I only joined this site today, it'll be around 17 years! I'm still very much in the closet about this though, so despite my many years of on and off dressing, I am still very inexperienced.

I started dressing in the early 50's first thought transition would be great when as a kid I read about Christine Jorgensen. She was the first one I had ever heard of that did it, and it was the first I knew it was even possible. Over the next 10 to 12 years, the thought would pass over the mind and keep going. After I got married and came out to my wife, she asked me if I wanted to transition, and it was a serious question, so I gave it some real time, thought about it a lot, but it was just a fantasy, when I thought about it, I knew I'm happy as a guy almost all of the time, but at times, I just have to let the old girl out to play. Years later I found this site.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I started dressing along time ago. Back when there were 3 to 5 television channels and a computer was the size of a house. Back when I was a skinny little kid I was confused about the whole issue of a boy wearing girls clothes. As I grew up and before I filled out I secretly wished I had been born a girl but still did all the boy stuff. As I grew and filled out I realized I would never have looked good as a real girl but I still loved dressing as one. I did all the macho stuff to prove I was a dude. I felt all alone then. I thought I was a freak. Then came the magic of the internet.

I found I was not alone after I entered the web. I found through different sites that there are many of us and we all have our own story. Many of them similar. Had I found this site when I was still a youngster transitioning would have been an option. All these years later it is not. I found this site to be a great avenue of support. It is not a sex site like many of them, but one of honest and intellectual discussion. Brain washing, not at all for me.

Vicky

Banned Read only
    Im dressing more then 20 year, but join at this site today But I communicated on Russian CD forums and social networks

Aspiring Member
    I've been cross-dressing since early childhood - about 3-4 years old! That was over 50 years ago!
    However, I've always limited my crossdressing.

Can this place brainwash you? Sure, anything you put into your head can brainwash you. However, in my case, I think I am brainwashing others.

I started dressing when I was 3, and found this place when I was in my '60s. I guess that would make it about 60 years. Brainwashed? If you weren't already thinking about crossdressing how would you end up here? I had to search for the place, and I only did it because I was already a "hard core" crossdresser.

I had been under dressing since I was in my teens. Due to my previous job I hadn't been able to but on an occasion or two.

No I don't believe this site brainwashed me. Although has given me more insight and people to speak to about my dressing.

@--}----

Banned Read only
    A long time

Careful I bite <3
    I don't think there is any real brainwashing, but there is some group-think that starts to take hold in certain respects.

Most of the tme I see so many varying opinions that it's impossible for anything as drastic as brainwashing (changing someones ideas), but there are times when conversations go in certain ways thanks to the group-think phenomenon.

Not sure if brainwashed is really what happened, Maybe eye opened but not really
    brainwashing, for 40 some years I had been dressing in lingerie and the likes.
    but with some curiosity and seeing this forum, I progressed to breast forms and full dressing.

I have grown to accept this part of my life all with the help of this forum.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    So, just where are all the CDing ''hobbyists"?
    I'm one, and I crossdressed decades before Al Gore invented the internet. No GID, all pleasure.

Brainwashing? Yes, some people are led to believe that if they come out of the closet, everything will be OK.

Started with my sister's clothes when i was young, then about 9 years ago, started out again and have never looked back. Having been around here a while and being so glad I found this site. Though I do not know anyone here, I so enjoy reading about all of thair experences and it makes a good support group for me. As far as being brainwashed, etc, NOT. Jolene is and always will be a part of me and having being able to come here with all of you makes this lonely life so much easier.
    Love All of You.